Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Unemployment compensation suspended due to misconduct EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Unemployment compensation suspended due to misconduct EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Unemployment compensation suspended due to misconduct EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Unemployment compensation suspended due to misconduct EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Unemployment compensation suspended due to misconduct EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Unemployment compensation suspended due to misconduct EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Unemployment compensation suspended due to misconduct EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Unemployment compensation suspended due to misconduct EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Unemployment compensation suspended due to misconduct EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Unemployment compensation suspended due to misconduct EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Unemployment compensation suspended due to misconduct EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Unemployment compensation suspended due to misconduct EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Unemployment compensation suspended due to misconduct EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Unemployment compensation suspended due to misconduct EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Unemployment compensation suspended due to misconduct EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Unemployment compensation suspended due to misconduct

4 posters

Go down

Unemployment compensation suspended due to misconduct Empty Unemployment compensation suspended due to misconduct

Post by chedooli Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:48 pm

I have an interview scheduled for 4/22 and I am unable to function and think since this notice was received. Can anyone give me any advice as to what questions are asked and how they should be responded to. I appreciate any advice that is given. Is my former employer allowed to provide to the state detailed information on this situation.

chedooli

Back to top Go down

Unemployment compensation suspended due to misconduct Empty Re: Unemployment compensation suspended due to misconduct

Post by elvis44102 Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:48 pm

welcome to the forum,

could you post the text of the letter?
as it sounds as if your former employer is simply contesting your separation.

This is not uncommon, however I can tell you that the burden of proof is on the former employer
elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Unemployment compensation suspended due to misconduct Empty Re: Unemployment compensation suspended due to misconduct

Post by jmainframe Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:58 am

Misconduct seems to be the main excuse an employer is using these days. I suppose they feel they have the best chance of winning with it, when they let someone go for no reason.
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by chedooli Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:10 pm

Thank you for replying. The note states "you may have been separated for misconduct" Needless to say I am worried.

chedooli

Back to top Go down

Post by chedooli Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:11 pm

And I am so happy to be in this forum.

chedooli

Back to top Go down

Post by DesperateInRI Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:41 am

They have to prove gross misconduct. Good luck at your appeal. Did they offer you COBRA? If they did, then the reason for separation is not misconduct. Bring that up at the appeal.
DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by chedooli Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:33 pm

I did not have health insurance in place. They did offer me help with a reference.

chedooli

Back to top Go down

Post by chedooli Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:20 pm

"They have to prove gross misconduct"

I understand it is the employer's burden to prove any misconduct. What would be the evidence, signed warnings, poor performance reviews. I have an email from my manager stating he would be glad to provide a reference.

chedooli

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:20 pm

chedooli wrote:"They have to prove gross misconduct"

I understand it is the employer's burden to prove any misconduct. What would be the evidence, signed warnings, poor performance reviews. I have an email from my manager stating he would be glad to provide a reference.

Poor work performance is not grounds for gross misconduct. That simply means you may not have been a good fit for that job. Things like taking 2-hour lunches, coming in late or calling in sick all the time, fighting with your supervisor and co-workers would be grounds for gross misconduct.

That email from your manager would make a very powerful case in your favor. As far as actually using him as a reference, only do so if you had a good relationship with him, and that there was no hostility between the two of you. If there was any kind of animosity there, your supervisor MAY give you a bad reference for spite.
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by chedooli Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:12 pm

I had the interview. I don't know how it went because he told me it would be sent to me in the mail.

He did ask a lot of questions.

chedooli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down