Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Kelly Wiedemer Colorado Examiner reporter & supporter of the 99ers Needs Help EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Kelly Wiedemer Colorado Examiner reporter & supporter of the 99ers Needs Help EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Kelly Wiedemer Colorado Examiner reporter & supporter of the 99ers Needs Help EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Kelly Wiedemer Colorado Examiner reporter & supporter of the 99ers Needs Help EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Kelly Wiedemer Colorado Examiner reporter & supporter of the 99ers Needs Help EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Kelly Wiedemer Colorado Examiner reporter & supporter of the 99ers Needs Help EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Kelly Wiedemer Colorado Examiner reporter & supporter of the 99ers Needs Help EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Kelly Wiedemer Colorado Examiner reporter & supporter of the 99ers Needs Help EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Kelly Wiedemer Colorado Examiner reporter & supporter of the 99ers Needs Help EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Kelly Wiedemer Colorado Examiner reporter & supporter of the 99ers Needs Help EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Kelly Wiedemer Colorado Examiner reporter & supporter of the 99ers Needs Help EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Kelly Wiedemer Colorado Examiner reporter & supporter of the 99ers Needs Help EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Kelly Wiedemer Colorado Examiner reporter & supporter of the 99ers Needs Help EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Kelly Wiedemer Colorado Examiner reporter & supporter of the 99ers Needs Help EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Kelly Wiedemer Colorado Examiner reporter & supporter of the 99ers Needs Help EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Kelly Wiedemer Colorado Examiner reporter & supporter of the 99ers Needs Help

Go down

Kelly Wiedemer Colorado Examiner reporter & supporter of the 99ers Needs Help Empty Kelly Wiedemer Colorado Examiner reporter & supporter of the 99ers Needs Help

Post by Carol in CA Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:19 pm

Members of Unemployed Friends,

Denver Unemployment reporter Kelly Wiedmer has consistently supported the 99ers.

She recently gave an interview on a radio talk show.

And tried to explain about the job discrimination that the 99ers have to face.

Instead of thanking her for her help for the unemployed she got the following message below highlighted in green color.

Kelly has supported the 99ers and now it is time for the 99ers to show her some support in her time of need. So please if you are able leave a comment on this bloggers site and show him he is wrong about Kelly Wiedermer.

PS: Even Linkedin shows Kelly Wiedermer was a member of the American 99ers Union and of the Unemployed Workers Action Group.

=================================================================================

Hi All,

listen, I need some help:

I just came across this which was posted as a result of the radio interview i did with Dick Gordon:

http://montewashburn.wordpress.com/2011/04/13/unemployed-dont-apply-dick-gordon-interview-with-kelly-wiedemer-04-12-11/

04.18.11 UPDATE:

FURTHER RESEARCH:

After three years of being unemployed from the financial/IT field Ms. Wiedemer has only five (5) paltry LinkedIn connections even though she was born and raised in the area, no summary, no recommendations, no specialties, no picture, and no membership or affiliation with any networking or job search groups. Her blog and her Facebook page are mere political arguments for why unemployment benefits should have “NO EXPIRATION DATE.” The failure to embrace and manifest change along with a suicidal level of personal brand damage have condemned this person to make it doubtful that any employer will ever want to touch this person. Ms. Wiedemer clearly needs help but not in the way that she thinks. I am a Dick Gordon fan but this interview fails to paint a complete picture.

[me again]:

this is pretty hard to swallow - I did this interview b/c I was asked to do it in reference to the discrimination against the unemployed. I was wondering if you would be willing to leave a comment on the articlke (this kind of thing could very well keep me from every getting a job - I'm not sure that my writing hasn't already played a role, but frankly it's too late for me to 'undo' what I've written) -

but this is wrong in my opinion. I try to give a voice to the 99ers and the long-term unemployed - and I realize (not until way after I started writing) that writing to defend the unemployed would be done, to some extent, at my own expense....

Wow, if this is what 'activism' does, I may have really screwed up.

If you aren't comfortable leaving a comment (certainly don't feel obligated to defend me personally), please let me know your thoughts.

There is a phone # which I will use to call this guy, but as you know, once this was posted on the internet, it's there for good.

I will be honest: it is true that my profile on Linked In was set up a very long time ago - I've never used Linked In as part of my job search and frankly never though of it as a job search engine (and also frankly, I get inundadrted with junk mail because of the resumes I've posted on Career Builder & other sites as it is and don't want more of the same)- I will change that but this, in my opinion, is very wrong and to some extent, makes me regret much of what I've done (but then, they win)

thanks, Kelly

Thanks !

Kelly ~

Kelly Wiedemer

Denver Unemployment Examiner

co_unemployment@live.com

http://www.examiner.com/x-57269-Denver-Unemployment-Examiner

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To:

Subject: Re: EVERYONE: HERE IS SOME INFO ON GOOGLE GROUPS -

Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 07:55:19 -0600

all,

This is an article that was just brought to my attention by one of my facebook friends. It was just published the other day and is a result of a taped radio interview I did just a few weeks ago (which aired in 100 cities across the country. there is a link to the radio interview (with Dick Gordon on TheStory.org) if you're interested (i've not eeven listed to it myself to be honest - I find it very difficult to read about/listen to stories about myself in t his state of poverty - time to let go of pride).

It is a very poignant piece - one that I think you'll all appreciate. It is short and won't take long to read...

http://dandelionsalad.wordpress.com/2011/04/22/who-really-benefits-from-the-american-dream-by-marie-owens/comment-page-1/#comment-140486

Thanks !

Kelly ~

Kelly Wiedemer

Denver Unemployment Examiner

Kelly's Email address: co_unemployment@live.com

http://www.examiner.com/x-57269-Denver-Unemployment-Examiner

Last edited by Carol in CA on Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Carol in CA

Back to top Go down

Kelly Wiedemer Colorado Examiner reporter & supporter of the 99ers Needs Help Empty Re: Kelly Wiedemer Colorado Examiner reporter & supporter of the 99ers Needs Help

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:22 pm

Kelly is also one of our members.

Back to top Go down

Kelly Wiedemer Colorado Examiner reporter & supporter of the 99ers Needs Help Empty Re: Kelly Wiedemer Colorado Examiner reporter & supporter of the 99ers Needs Help

Post by Carol in CA Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:14 pm

Desperate InRI,

I am sorry I made a mistake and posted UWAG members.
I meant to post to the Unemployed Friends.
I had just posted on UWAG before posting here.
And I stayed up late last night working on things.
So being tired today I made that mistake.
I will try to change UWAG members to Unemployed Friends.

Carol in CA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:17 pm

I posted a comment in the blog and it hasn't shown up yet...I wonder if it ever will lol. It said it was awaiting moderation but usually that only takes a minute or so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:19 pm

Carol in CA wrote:Desperate InRI,

I am sorry I made a mistake and posted UWAG members.
I meant to post to the Unemployed Friends.
I had just posted on UWAG before posting here.
And I stayed up late last night working on things.
So being tired today I made that mistake.
I will try to change UWAG members to Unemployed Friends.

No problem, I didn't even realize that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down