Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
5 Tips to Make Your Voice Heard on Twitter- Please Join Us! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
5 Tips to Make Your Voice Heard on Twitter- Please Join Us! EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
5 Tips to Make Your Voice Heard on Twitter- Please Join Us! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
5 Tips to Make Your Voice Heard on Twitter- Please Join Us! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
5 Tips to Make Your Voice Heard on Twitter- Please Join Us! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
5 Tips to Make Your Voice Heard on Twitter- Please Join Us! EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
5 Tips to Make Your Voice Heard on Twitter- Please Join Us! EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
5 Tips to Make Your Voice Heard on Twitter- Please Join Us! EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
5 Tips to Make Your Voice Heard on Twitter- Please Join Us! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
5 Tips to Make Your Voice Heard on Twitter- Please Join Us! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
5 Tips to Make Your Voice Heard on Twitter- Please Join Us! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
5 Tips to Make Your Voice Heard on Twitter- Please Join Us! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
5 Tips to Make Your Voice Heard on Twitter- Please Join Us! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
5 Tips to Make Your Voice Heard on Twitter- Please Join Us! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
5 Tips to Make Your Voice Heard on Twitter- Please Join Us! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

5 Tips to Make Your Voice Heard on Twitter- Please Join Us!

3 posters

Go down

5 Tips to Make Your Voice Heard on Twitter- Please Join Us! Empty 5 Tips to Make Your Voice Heard on Twitter- Please Join Us!

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:19 pm

Congress will be back in Washington on Monday. One of the quickest and most effective way to reach them is through Twitter. The social media has come a long way and is a great tool for advocating. Here are some great tips for making your voice heard using this tool!
5 Tips to Make Your Voice Heard on Twitter- Please Join Us! Button10
1. Group Up:

Misery enjoys company thus, the more people you have one your side, sharing your opinion and supporting your cause, the higher the reach and effect of your message! Try to talk to those who seem both interested and willing to help fuel your cries, doubts and concerns, preferably privately through Twitter direct messages for example.

2. Tone Down:

The common belief is that the angrier you are and the more aggressive you can be, the faster your message would spread and be heard. I disagree! You can be subtle yet get your message through and actually get results just by being logical, factual and real about what you think and how you feel!

3. Expand Within:

Do not limit your voice to one social media venue. Twitter is great for sharing short meaningful messages but it is never enough to deliver the overall idea and explore your problem or dilemma from inside out. I suggest that after using Twitter for a fairly reasonable time to team up and get the buzz started, you add Facebook groups and/or causes into the mix!

4. Be Consistent:

The more general and diverse your causes, concerns, worries and complaints are, the less people would be interested to hear them!

5. Be Convinced:

Sales people who do not believe in the products or services they are trying to sell always fail, the same applies here! Unless you are truly dedicated to your cause and 100% convinced that it is valid, you will lose your audience’s interest and therefore get no tangible results – a more frustrated you!

If you don't already have a Twitter account, sign up, it is easy. Here are some great tips for beginners!
5 Tips to Make Your Voice Heard on Twitter- Please Join Us! Beginn10
http://tweepi.com/blog/2011/04/10-great-tips-for-twitter-beginners/

Once you have signed up for an account, add the "Twibbon" to your avatar. It will identify you as a supporter of the 99ers, unemployed and HR 589. This "Twibbon" was designed by our Moderator,Sick&Tired!

Follow this link, click on "Show my Support Now" to get the Twibbon!
http://twibbon.com/join/99ers-Need-HR-589
5 Tips to Make Your Voice Heard on Twitter- Please Join Us! Twibbo10

Back to top Go down

5 Tips to Make Your Voice Heard on Twitter- Please Join Us! Empty Re: 5 Tips to Make Your Voice Heard on Twitter- Please Join Us!

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:11 pm

Please add the "Twibbon" to your Twitter avatar to show your support for the 99ers and HR 589!

5 Tips to Make Your Voice Heard on Twitter- Please Join Us! 758924

http://twibbon.com/join/99ers-Need-HR-589

Back to top Go down

5 Tips to Make Your Voice Heard on Twitter- Please Join Us! Empty Re: 5 Tips to Make Your Voice Heard on Twitter- Please Join Us!

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:13 pm

Thanks Sick and Tired for designing this! Great job. Ive added it to my twitter Avatar, and hopefully all members on twitter do the same.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:24 pm

Thanks JIM Very Happy Hoping it will take hold.

Many people have generated attention to a cause this way. I remember one lady started having supporters of her cause put spoons on their profile pic on FB and it worked!! it was even on the news.

Back to top Go down

Post by mrmarti Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:20 pm

added it to my avatar - even tho I'm not well versed in Twitter I try my best.....
mrmarti
mrmarti

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:37 pm

Don't forget 5 Tips to Make Your Voice Heard on Twitter- Please Join Us! 758924

Don't retreat RETWEET!! 5 Tips to Make Your Voice Heard on Twitter- Please Join Us! 758924 5 Tips to Make Your Voice Heard on Twitter- Please Join Us! 758924

gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:40 am

5 Tips to Make Your Voice Heard on Twitter- Please Join Us! 20799

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:16 pm

Added, thanks S&T.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down