Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Quick Twitter Tips: A Twitter Guide For Beginners EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Quick Twitter Tips: A Twitter Guide For Beginners EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Quick Twitter Tips: A Twitter Guide For Beginners EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Quick Twitter Tips: A Twitter Guide For Beginners EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Quick Twitter Tips: A Twitter Guide For Beginners EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Quick Twitter Tips: A Twitter Guide For Beginners EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Quick Twitter Tips: A Twitter Guide For Beginners EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Quick Twitter Tips: A Twitter Guide For Beginners EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Quick Twitter Tips: A Twitter Guide For Beginners EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Quick Twitter Tips: A Twitter Guide For Beginners EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Quick Twitter Tips: A Twitter Guide For Beginners EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Quick Twitter Tips: A Twitter Guide For Beginners EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Quick Twitter Tips: A Twitter Guide For Beginners EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Quick Twitter Tips: A Twitter Guide For Beginners EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Quick Twitter Tips: A Twitter Guide For Beginners EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Quick Twitter Tips: A Twitter Guide For Beginners

2 posters

Go down

Quick Twitter Tips: A Twitter Guide For Beginners Empty Quick Twitter Tips: A Twitter Guide For Beginners

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:09 am

Twitter can be an intimidating jumble of # symbols, RTs, DMs, @'s, and other code-like shorthand to a Twitter newbie. To help get the hang of it, we've put together a Twitter guide for Twitter beginners with nine tips for how to communicate on Twitter, make sense of it, and make the most of it.

Quick Twitter Tips: A Twitter Guide For Beginners Button13

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/31/quick-twitter-tips-a-twitter-guide-for-beginners_n_843351.html#s258985&title=Learn_The_Lingo

Back to top Go down

Quick Twitter Tips: A Twitter Guide For Beginners Empty Re: Quick Twitter Tips: A Twitter Guide For Beginners

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:43 am

Is there twitter rehab. I have become a twit junkie. Very Happy Never thought I would have said that.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Quick Twitter Tips: A Twitter Guide For Beginners Empty Re: Quick Twitter Tips: A Twitter Guide For Beginners

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:03 am

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:Is there twitter rehab. I have become a twit junkie. Very Happy Never thought I would have said that.

So am I. Fun, isn't it? Yesterday I had a Tea Party member following me. I found it hard to tell the guy where to go in 140 characters or less - that is the only downside!

Quick Twitter Tips: A Twitter Guide For Beginners 758924

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:27 pm

I am a Twit-junkie too! Do we need to start a thread for "twit-junkies' anonymous?
Quick Twitter Tips: A Twitter Guide For Beginners 944440

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:28 pm

I I love you Twitter Quick Twitter Tips: A Twitter Guide For Beginners 758924

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:36 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:Is there twitter rehab. I have become a twit junkie. Very Happy Never thought I would have said that.

So am I. Fun, isn't it? Yesterday I had a Tea Party member following me. I found it hard to tell the guy where to go in 140 characters or less - that is the only downside!

I have had to tell some folks off myself. too bad yo can't use your favorite emoticon of just one finger. Razz
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:02 pm

Hey! Hootsuite is awesome!! you can schedule tweets and messages for a later date!! Very Happy
AND you can create a group and have others tweet the scheduled tweet too! i haven't figured that part out yet though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:04 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:

I have had to tell some folks off myself. too bad yo can't use your favorite emoticon of just one finger. Razz

Tea Party members and trolls are starting to come out to play! I had a few that I had to tell off and block too. It is frustrating sometimes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:08 pm

FLACracker is the biggest Tea Party jerk on Twitter. He has been at it all weekend! I want to block him, but sometimes I get a laugh out of his outrageous tweets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:09 pm

Sick & Tired wrote:Hey! Hootsuite is awesome!! you can schedule tweets and messages for a later date!! Very Happy
AND you can create a group and have others tweet the scheduled tweet too! i haven't figured that part out yet though.

lol! Let us know when you do!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:13 pm

I know I have seen some of them.

I just scheduled a test tweet with that Hootsuite application. I scheduled a tweet for 2:15....this is so cool!! lol Its great for times when we are having an event like tomorrow and tues. I can set up tweets for both days if I cant be home to tweet or I am busy!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:52 pm

grrrrr my test failed! it isnt working.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:10 pm

yaay! it works! I scheduled a tweet to john boehner for 4:05 pm and it worked! Now I can set up tweets for when I cant be around! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:14 pm

U guys have issues. Just sayin. Very Happy
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:15 pm

That could be a valuable too for the call to action. Set up tweets every 30 secs to all the folks we target...
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:56 pm

there is a neat twitter app. called "DespairBot" that automatically detects tweets with the word despair in it and will retweet it. It retweeted my tweet and so do did many others because of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:00 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:That could be a valuable too for the call to action. Set up tweets every 30 secs to all the folks we target...

Yes it could of!!

there is a better version of it but it costs 4.95 a month and you can set them up in bulk. the free version you have to do it one at a time but it works for me! You can also set it up to be used as a tool for a group I believe. You set up "assignments" and everyone in the group can see it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum