Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 12 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 12 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 12 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 12 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 12 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 12 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 12 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 12 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 12 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 12 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits

+13
helpnnc
americatheneedy
NCEB
demianhesse1
themidnightrider13
Dazed&Confused
gemini1girl
Chubz
bs1974
gettheminNOVEMBER
lizalphonso
Jobless_in_Ma
lendmeflight2
17 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 12 Empty North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits

Post by lendmeflight2 Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

I did a search and I couldn't find this posted anywhere so I made a new thread.

I went to print out some more work search forms today and I saw a notice on the Unemployment commission website saying that due to the decline in the unemployment rate that North Carolina no longer qualifies for extended benefits. The last week payable will be 4/16.

The unemployment rate went down from 9.8% to 9.7%. It has never been below 9.5% which I thought was the cut off rate. Something seems wrong here.

Does anyone else have any more information?

NC Democrats seek to pressure GOP on unemployment
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 12 Empty Re: North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits

Post by dkhardin Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:24 pm

Has anybody heard any more news about a vote on the budget this week? I have not seen any direct depopsit for back pay, i guess they are still talking it over.

dkhardin

Back to top Go down

North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 12 Empty Re: North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:36 pm

The only thing I have heard is that the three look back is in the senate budget. I heard the senate budget passed today and that there are 5 democratic members of the house that are supporting it. If 4 of them vote yes it will be veto proof. I think it has to pass on a third and final reading tomorrow and then it will move to the house. If all of this is true it could pass as early as Friday. If it is Veto proof Perdue will probably sign it. If not it will have to be re-voted on (I think) for the override and then it becomes law. NCESC should be ready to go and be able to get our back pay for all the weeks that we have filed for already. If you haven't filed for any you will have to call them of course.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 12 Empty NC Eb Restored

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:58 pm

Governor Perdue signed an executive order to restore extended benefits to NC today. We should all be getting our benefits next week.

So my question is, why didn't she do this 8 frickin' weeks ago?

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Perdue-signs-order-to-extend-unemployment-benefits-123108853.html

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/06/03/2347505/perdue-order-extends-unemployment.html
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:03 pm

I agree, maybe the new job report and unemployment rate sealed the deal.
Glad it's been restored. Is it retro??
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:07 pm

Thats great!! Although I agree, why didnt she do it weeks ago?

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:22 pm

I think she just realized that she could do it. The only reason she can is because it doesn't come out of state funds so it may not be something that comes to mind immediately. Executive orders are pretty rare and she has to let it go long enough for the republicans to deny it, which they did.

So this came just in time for me and hopefully not too late for anyone.

It is retro so I should get everything that I missed all at one time.

Some people will have to call of course if they haven't been filing.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:56 pm

North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 12 895764 Now too bad President Obama wouldn't take a cue from NC's governor and do the same for Americans who have exhausted benefits!

Back to top Go down

Post by mscpateach Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:48 pm

Thank God! And just in time for me. My temp job ends next week and I have all but begged for another job assignment (plus applying for everything else that I'm qualified for) to no avail.

mscpateach

Back to top Go down

Post by dkhardin Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:10 pm

yippee show me my money

dkhardin

Back to top Go down

Post by dkhardin Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:14 pm

will it pay back from the sixteenth..i had to file a new year may 9th. hope there is no problems..feedback welcome fellow 99`ers.

dkhardin

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:17 pm

DesperateInRI wrote: North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 12 895764 Now too bad President Obama wouldn't take a cue from NC's governor and do the same for Americans who have exhausted benefits!

I thought we went through this on UFF 1 over a year ago. The only reason the NC governor could do it was because it doesn't deal with budget issues. An executive cannot be created to deal with a budget issue.

Please don't get this started again. The next thing that will appear are a bunch of wikipedia articles. Then some will say "have you heard of the nuclear option"? Then the speculation will ensue that all these things are legal when they aren't.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:19 pm

dkhardin wrote:will it pay back from the sixteenth..i had to file a new year may 9th. hope there is no problems..feedback welcome fellow 99`ers.

As long as you have been filing every week you should get all of those released on whatever your payday is. I get paid on Monday so I will let you know if I get all 7 weeks.

The NCESC website say that most people should get paid next week and they are working as fast as they can. They said some people will have to call into the service center. I am guessing these are the people that either stopped filing every week or weren't on EB by the cut off date.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:48 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote: North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 12 895764 Now too bad President Obama wouldn't take a cue from NC's governor and do the same for Americans who have exhausted benefits!

I thought we went through this on UFF 1 over a year ago. The only reason the NC governor could do it was because it doesn't deal with budget issues. An executive cannot be created to deal with a budget issue.

Please don't get this started again. The next thing that will appear are a bunch of wikipedia articles. Then some will say "have you heard of the nuclear option"? Then the speculation will ensue that all these things are legal when they aren't.

We did go through this last year with the 99ers. This would be our last hope. As it stands now, there are less than 6 weeks left before the month long August break. I remember that on UFF last summer, and I am sitting here in the same situation this summer. If it starts speculation, so what? This has been a year and a half of empty promises and working our butts off for something that probably won't happen any other way now than an executive order. Yes, I know that none have ever held up in Federal courts, but this is a crisis right now. There is a first time for everything! The economy is sinking deeper and deeper everyday. Something has to happen fast. Millions of us cannot make it very much longer. I know I can't - my "luck" has just about run out and I am scared to death! I have NO clue what I am going to do! You know what it has been like for you since April with nothing - many of us have lived like that since March 2010! That is all we have left to hope for!

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:16 pm

I understand what you are saying but you know this isn't legal and none have ever held up in court. I understand last hopes, trust me, but this just created fighting and arguments last time.

lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:40 pm

drastic times calls for drastic measures. the data is out there, maybe this time it would stick. it would also show that he is making an attempt. maybe some good would come out of the effort even if it is illegal. Its certainly would draw attention from the media and Washington which may lead congress having no choice but to do something.
I know, wishful thinking...but something drastic needs to be done and fast!! This is getting to be too much to bear for many people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:05 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:I understand what you are saying but you know this isn't legal and none have ever held up in court. I understand last hopes, trust me, but this just created fighting and arguments last time.

This time, people are at their wits end. There is nothing else left. People who argued over it last year have absolutely nothing left. We are holding on by less than a thread now, most of us won't have a roof over our heads in another month. Something has to happen fast, this time it really is a matter of life or death.

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:09 pm

It just doesn't really work that way. He will pass an executive order and it will immediately be taken to court. People are at their wits end but getting them to hold onto something that is impossible doesn't help. Added weeks is much more likely to be passed through legislation than through an executive order.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:47 pm

Merging thread with NC restores EB benefits thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12