Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits

+13
helpnnc
americatheneedy
NCEB
demianhesse1
themidnightrider13
Dazed&Confused
gemini1girl
Chubz
bs1974
gettheminNOVEMBER
lizalphonso
Jobless_in_Ma
lendmeflight2
17 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 2 Empty North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits

Post by lendmeflight2 Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

I did a search and I couldn't find this posted anywhere so I made a new thread.

I went to print out some more work search forms today and I saw a notice on the Unemployment commission website saying that due to the decline in the unemployment rate that North Carolina no longer qualifies for extended benefits. The last week payable will be 4/16.

The unemployment rate went down from 9.8% to 9.7%. It has never been below 9.5% which I thought was the cut off rate. Something seems wrong here.

Does anyone else have any more information?

NC Democrats seek to pressure GOP on unemployment
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 2 Empty Re: North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits

Post by lendmeflight2 Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:50 am

I may not be able to but I will try as long as I can.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 2 Empty Re: North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits

Post by bs1974 Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:16 pm

This change does not affect me. This blog is absolutely correct. Extended Benefits in NC are supposed to remain in affect until the unemployment rate drops below 8.5% for a 3 month average. This has not happened. The bottom line in NC does not have the money to pay and thinks they can just tell people the stop of payment is because of a decrease in the unemployment rate. This is not right. Someone needs to contact the media and have this investigated more. I will be glad to help.

bs1974

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:31 pm

In PA and NJ once you exhaust the only way you are counted is at Social Services. No longer looking, my favorite description. Once exhausted, you are no longer looking in PA and NJ. Of course, the amount of jobs available here you might as well look out the window, because you have a better chance of finding a job that way.

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:59 am

The media needs to know what is going on. They have no clue how the tier system works so they just assume that the unemployment rate lowered to a rate where we aren't eligible for EB anymore. How do you get the local news to investigate something like this.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by lizalphonso Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:17 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:The media needs to know what is going on. They have no clue how the tier system works so they just assume that the unemployment rate lowered to a rate where we aren't eligible for EB anymore. How do you get the local news to investigate something like this.

A group on the other forum has been calling and emailing media as well as state officials.
The latest reply was "Just got a call from David Clegg's office, they are pushing for a bill to change trigger off law. I was told to call Kay Hagen, Burr and Mel Watt's office to ask them to vote for this bill."

lizalphonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:30 pm

lizalphonso wrote:
lendmeflight2 wrote:The media needs to know what is going on. They have no clue how the tier system works so they just assume that the unemployment rate lowered to a rate where we aren't eligible for EB anymore. How do you get the local news to investigate something like this.

A group on the other forum has been calling and emailing media as well as state officials.
The latest reply was "Just got a call from David Clegg's office, they are pushing for a bill to change trigger off law. I was told to call Kay Hagen, Burr and Mel Watt's office to ask them to vote for this bill."

I'm sure everyone in NC that is going to be affected by this are doing the same thing. Cutting off benefits at 9.7% unemployment is unthinkable.

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:16 pm

Yeah, I have already done that. I haven't contacted the media but I have contacted all my state representatives and the Bev Perdue, This can't be a budget issue like the state Republicans will make it, this is 100% federal money.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Chubz Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:25 pm

The NJ legislatures passed the fix to teh 110% trigger, 78-0. It's now sitting on Christie's desk. The bill had republican support so I'm sure it it will be signed.

Chubz

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:35 pm

I think all the states that are impacted have either made a move toward fixing or have fixed it. I will really be disappointed in this state if they don't fix this. NC is my favorite state in the country and I don't want to be disappointed.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 2 Empty Extended Benefits ending

Post by gemini1girl Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:58 pm

I just got on EB on Monday and was shocked when I saw the message on the NCESC. The lady I talked to in Raleigh wasn't even aware until I read the message to her. I have struggled to find a job, I have no savings and don't know what i will do. I have emailed two reporters who are going to follow up. I emailed Mike McIntyre, Kay Hagan, Thomas Goolsby and two other Representatives. I have only heard from the reporters and not my government. Are they even thinking about changing the trigger on trigger off law. I have not heard them say a word about EB. Pretty sad.

gemini1girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Chubz Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:22 pm

States like Missouri and Utah have flat out come out and said they aren't even going to provide a fix for this. It's at no cost to theor states. I have no idea who they are trying to impress there.

Chubz

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:24 pm

This is from Local Raleigh news that aired Monday. Supposedly Larry Parker said he would have to get more information on Tuesday (yesterday) as to whether anything can be done. From his tone it doesn't look like anything is trying to be done about it. When she asks him what kind of impact it will have on people he really has no answer, he just reminds the listeners that these people have been unemployed for a long time. I guess this means that they deserve to have only two weeks notice before having no benefits. He could at least try and sound like he feels bad about it.

http://www.digtriad.com/news/article/169726/1/Update-Extended-Unemployment-Benefits-Ending-For-NC
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:26 pm

I heard today that the Missouri Senator decided not to filibuster the change and will instead filibuster getting any stimulus money from the government.

One of my secret contacts just sent me this.

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/gascripts/BillLookUp/BillLookUp.pl?Session=2011&BillID=H676
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Chubz Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:28 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:I heard today that the Missouri Senator decided not to filibuster the change and will instead filibuster getting any stimulus money from the government.

One of my secret contacts just sent me this.

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/gascripts/BillLookUp/BillLookUp.pl?Session=2011&BillID=H676

isnt that doing the same thing since, the government pays for the EBs

Chubz

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:40 pm

Well, yeah but the Missouri senator knows he can only filibuster one bill at a time and he wants to focus on the $300 million that the federal government is trying to give his state to stimulate their economy. He is trying to play national politics.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Chubz Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:42 pm

so he's not fillibustering the bill then? So it will likely pass? I know their law actually expired for the triggers, thats why people were cut off on 4/2 and not 4/16 like a few other states

Chubz

Back to top Go down

North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 2 Empty Extended Benefits Stopping April 16th

Post by gemini1girl Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:39 pm

Doesn't appear NC is moving on doing anything about the stoppage of the Extended Benefits. Have heard nothing back from my Representatives. Only Kay Hagan's office sent one of those automatic emails to say they received my question. What is going on?

gemini1girl

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:08 pm

gemini1girl wrote:Doesn't appear NC is moving on doing anything about the stoppage of the Extended Benefits. Have heard nothing back from my Representatives. Only Kay Hagan's office sent one of those automatic emails to say they received my question. What is going on?

There has been a bill filed. It was filed on Tuesday. Here is the link. We can only hope it gets voted on and passed.

lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:26 pm

Correct the articles I read say the Federal Government "told" them they are trigger off. I could not believe it. Must be a Republican Governor who wanted to blame it on the Feds. Unbelievable story, just unbelievable. Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:35 pm

I just sent this email to Thom Tillis, the republican speaker of the house. he needs to hear from the people of NC if we want this passed.

Mr Tillis,

As one of your constituents, I urge you to help pass HR 676. It is a bill to restore the extended benefits program to NC. Things are just starting to look up for me and I have job prospects for the first time in a long time. However, now I will have the rug yanked out from under me in 10 days unless this bill passes. As you probably know, this is 100% federally funded and will not impact the state budget at all. The federal money is already set aside for it so it will not effect the federal budget either. These are not added benefits, this will simply restore what we have already. The economy of this state cannot handle having 50,000 people going from getting a small check to buy food and pay bills to getting nothing.

Please consider this bill
I thank you in advance for your support.

lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:36 pm

Here is a link to the members of the house for North Carolina if anyone wants to write them. The bill number is HR 676. It now has one co-sponser.

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/gascripts/members/memberList.pl?sChamber=House
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by gemini1girl Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:48 pm

lendmeflight2, thank you. I am glad to see the bill has a co-sponsor. Your letter is excellent and to the point. I am going to email my representatives again. Let's hope it goes through.

gemini1girl

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:09 pm

I heard back from Alice Bordson already today. This is her letter to me.

Thank you for letting me know of your concerns regarding the extended benefits program in North Carolina. The bill is being introduced today, will go through committee, and finally make it to the House floor for a general vote by all legislators. I will do all I can to help pass this bill (HB 676). If you haven’t yet, contact Rep. Dan Ingle and Sen. Rick Gunn, both of Alamance County.

I wish you luck in finding a job in the near future

It's doesn't sound like a form letter.

I urge anyone in NC that wants to get EB back to not sit on your asses and send some emails and make some phone calls. If we are quiet the wrong thing will happen.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by gemini1girl Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:39 pm

I have been sending my emails, with no answers yet. I am going to email the two reporters that have answered me and let them know about the bill. I wish everyone would contact their representatives. Thanks again.

gemini1girl

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:03 pm

I am sending that same email to every member of the NC house. This has to pass. I wish I would hear back from a republican. I am sort of worried about their support.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next