Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Question on Tiers and eligibility in PA EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Question on Tiers and eligibility in PA EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Question on Tiers and eligibility in PA EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Question on Tiers and eligibility in PA EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Question on Tiers and eligibility in PA EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Question on Tiers and eligibility in PA EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Question on Tiers and eligibility in PA EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Question on Tiers and eligibility in PA EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Question on Tiers and eligibility in PA EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Question on Tiers and eligibility in PA EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Question on Tiers and eligibility in PA EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Question on Tiers and eligibility in PA EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Question on Tiers and eligibility in PA EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Question on Tiers and eligibility in PA EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Question on Tiers and eligibility in PA EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Question on Tiers and eligibility in PA

+3
Jobless_in_Ma
Alan
7 posters

Go down

Question on Tiers and eligibility in PA Empty Re: Question on Tiers and eligibility in PA

Post by Alan Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:44 pm

I am new to the forums. I am from the Reading PA area. I need some help because you all got me confused. I am soon finishing Tier 3. I got 3 weeks left. So am I done with my Unemployment or will I get a Tier 4. I called them once and was told I would be getting a Tier 4 not to worry that the UE rate has to stay below 8.5 for a good bit. Man I am so stressed out. I am a 52 year old man with 3 kids I got no idea as what to do. There is no jobs out there at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Alan

Back to top Go down

Question on Tiers and eligibility in PA Empty Question on Tiers and eligibility in PA

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:57 pm

Ill put this topic in the Pa thread for you so you get more exposure.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Question on Tiers and eligibility in PA Empty Re: Question on Tiers and eligibility in PA

Post by guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:06 pm

Hi Allan, yes it is confusing. I had also called the unemployment Office to inquire about the same thing, it was the same day that the new uemployment rate came out. I was told that I would move onto Tier 4, but there are others who think otherwise. I tried to call today to inquire again, thinking that since a few days have passed and that I'm sure other unemployed folks are probably calling and inquiring of the same thing, that UC clerks/supervisors would have time to process the information and the implications for those presently on Tier 3 and looking to transition to Tier 4.
The phone was busy all day, so I'm sure the UC office is probably getting many calls inquiring of the same thing, as usually on a Sunday I'm able to get through w/out much delay. I'll continue to call this coming week and suggest that others do the same until we get a satisfactory answer. I'll be requesting the input from a supervisor when I do get through.
Good luck to you, and if you succeed on finding out, please share your information w/ the rest of us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:31 pm

Unfortunately the PA unemployment rate did fall to 8.4% as DesperateInRI predicted. However I looked at the government Trigger On/Off and it is still Trigger On.

Here is the Gov. Website for weekending 3/13/11 rates for all states and if they are Trigger On or Off.

http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/unemploy/euc_trigger/2011/euc_031311.html

I notice here that Alaska is under 8% and has been for months and is Trigger ON for some reason. Also Delaware who was under 8.5 last week is now at 8.5 and there is no indication it Triggered On.

Looking back at a couple state that Triggered Off, it seems after falling below the 8.5 Trigger it takes a couple weeks to Trigger Off.

We have so many unemployed in PA, I don't know how they can cut Tier 4, but you will go onto EB. At this point with the 99ers are calling for 14 more weeks, and rightfully so. The government should get rid of all these stupid Triggers. It makes people more stressed. I am in Philly and I know we are over 10%.

I don't know. We will have to wait and see....not happy.
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by anyoldname Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:46 pm

It looks like this report just came out today. It's dated 3/13/11. PA UC reps. probably just got access to it. I wondered why they didn't have anything posted on the web site.

Have a friend who's DH was just cut off mid-benefit from HUB? Does this sound right? She swears he filed his paperwork every week. When he called on Fri. was told it was b/c the unemployment rate fell for PA. He's calling on Monday - along with everyone else. Question on Tiers and eligibility in PA 443294

anyoldname

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:01 am

No something is wrong with that. EB HUB trigger is 8%, we didn't go that low. He should call again.
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:45 am

Still calling and trying to get through to the unemployment office, no luck so far, I'm getting a busy signal w/ no option to leave a message to be called back. I'm guessing they are getting quite a few calls at this point. Anyone else having any luck getting through?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:59 pm

I was on Unemployment in PA because I worked in Philadelphia even though I live in NJ. I wasn't sure about this, so I looked on the website, PA High Unemployment Period trigger is 8.0%. They are still paying the EB, EUC and HUP-EB. I would however, keep calling the 888# and speak to a representative to get your claim moving. I found the PA Representatives to be helpful and very polite. Hope this helps. Of course, like all the sites, you really need a lawyer in your back pocket but at one time while I was working, I handled all the layoffs and claims, back then, it went through your employer and the state. I just remembered the trigger %, so I checked further. Usually, if you call the # and they are busy, you get the call back voice mail. They always did call back, but keep the phone handy, if you miss the call, you have to call them back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:34 pm

Regarding Tier 3 for PA, if you expire Tier 3 on or before April 2nd you will be able to file for Tier 4. Those who expire Tier 3 after April 2nd will go on to EB.

http://www.centredaily.com/2011/03/14/2581302/improved-unemployment-rate-brings.html
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:47 pm

Pa triggered off of Tier IV.

See here. https://unemployed-friends.forumotion.com/t946-pa-loses-tier-iv-pa-residents-be-advised

If you are already on it you will finish it out.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployedandroid Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:38 pm

thanks everybody for the information on the PA benefits. this whole unemployment claim process has really been nerve wracking. i have never been one for paper work. tiers and all. but i can pass this on to some of my other displaced friends who dont have net access.
unemployedandroid
unemployedandroid

http://www.unemployedandroid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:17 am

Does anyone know how many weeks the PA EB is? I have 5 weeks of Tier II left.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:24 am

Never mind, I just scrolled through the thread I started and someone said a while back that it is 20 weeks. Sorry, I'm just so worried that I'm not thinking straight.

Thanks.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployedandroid Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:50 pm

JoanB wrote:Never mind, I just scrolled through the thread I started and someone said a while back that it is 20 weeks. Sorry, I'm just so worried that I'm not thinking straight.

Thanks.

sorry i didn't see this sooner. i had that little chart sitting on my desk.
wish i could be more help.
unemployedandroid
unemployedandroid

http://www.unemployedandroid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:51 am

That's OK. You all have been so nice to me and I just want to say "thanks" to everyone.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum