Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Unemployment Report ‘Very Solid’ Across Board, Goolsbee Says EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Unemployment Report ‘Very Solid’ Across Board, Goolsbee Says EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Unemployment Report ‘Very Solid’ Across Board, Goolsbee Says EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Unemployment Report ‘Very Solid’ Across Board, Goolsbee Says EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Unemployment Report ‘Very Solid’ Across Board, Goolsbee Says EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Unemployment Report ‘Very Solid’ Across Board, Goolsbee Says EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Unemployment Report ‘Very Solid’ Across Board, Goolsbee Says EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Unemployment Report ‘Very Solid’ Across Board, Goolsbee Says EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Unemployment Report ‘Very Solid’ Across Board, Goolsbee Says EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Unemployment Report ‘Very Solid’ Across Board, Goolsbee Says EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Unemployment Report ‘Very Solid’ Across Board, Goolsbee Says EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Unemployment Report ‘Very Solid’ Across Board, Goolsbee Says EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Unemployment Report ‘Very Solid’ Across Board, Goolsbee Says EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Unemployment Report ‘Very Solid’ Across Board, Goolsbee Says EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Unemployment Report ‘Very Solid’ Across Board, Goolsbee Says EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Unemployment Report ‘Very Solid’ Across Board, Goolsbee Says

+2
superstevies
Jobless_in_Ma
6 posters

Go down

Unemployment Report ‘Very Solid’ Across Board, Goolsbee Says Empty Unemployment Report ‘Very Solid’ Across Board, Goolsbee Says

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:07 pm

Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Unemployment Report ‘Very Solid’ Across Board, Goolsbee Says Empty Re: Unemployment Report ‘Very Solid’ Across Board, Goolsbee Says

Post by superstevies Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:43 pm

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth after reading this.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Unemployment Report ‘Very Solid’ Across Board, Goolsbee Says Empty Re: Unemployment Report ‘Very Solid’ Across Board, Goolsbee Says

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:56 pm

Then I'm not going to read it. After seeing other articles and comments Goolsbee has made, he is totally clueless and I don't know how he can call himself and "Economist".
BLeep

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:17 pm

He's being paid to spin the truth. Cant tick of the boss ya know.

Sadly though, they dont realize that a lot of the media now is seeing through this smoke screen.

I wonder what Ed will have to say about this.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:20 pm

Just give it time, those unemployment numbers are going to start to skyrocket because try as the Obama Administration might, they cannot hide the fact that more than 16 million Americans are unemployed and that there is no significant job creation being done by U.S. businesses.

It's easy to hide numbers because that's all they are, numbers printed on a piece of paper. Unless those unemployed Americans start dying or begin committing suicide in massive numbers, nobody in the Federal Government can hide that important fact.

The bureau of labor is simply reporting statistics and numbers in a report. That doesn't change the fact that there are 16 million unemployed, flesh and blood, Americans, who are currently without employment and have exhausted their unemployment benefits.

Not even President Obama, the U.S. Congress nor the Bureau of Labor can alter those numbers. The problem is simply going to get much worse until the people rise up against Washington. There's already resentment toward those in office because they aren't doing anything to provide a safety net for the unemployed until hiring ramps up.

Simple fact is, nobody in the retail or service sector is doing any hiring. They are all jobs that require a degree, 10+ years of experience, skilled labor or that you need to be presently employed. Unemployed Americans are being treated like second-class citizens with no rights whatsoever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:21 pm

Gooberbee is at it again, slamming the unemployed.

Back to top Go down

Post by 503Depressed Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:20 pm

kemcha wrote:Just give it time, those unemployment numbers are going to start to skyrocket because try as the Obama Administration might, they cannot hide the fact that more than 16 million Americans are unemployed and that there is no significant job creation being done by U.S. businesses.

It's easy to hide numbers because that's all they are, numbers printed on a piece of paper. Unless those unemployed Americans start dying or begin committing suicide in massive numbers, nobody in the Federal Government can hide that important fact.

The bureau of labor is simply reporting statistics and numbers in a report. That doesn't change the fact that there are 16 million unemployed, flesh and blood, Americans, who are currently without employment and have exhausted their unemployment benefits.

Not even President Obama, the U.S. Congress nor the Bureau of Labor can alter those numbers. The problem is simply going to get much worse until the people rise up against Washington. There's already resentment toward those in office because they aren't doing anything to provide a safety net for the unemployed until hiring ramps up.

Simple fact is, nobody in the retail or service sector is doing any hiring. They are all jobs that require a degree, 10+ years of experience, skilled labor or that you need to be presently employed. Unemployed Americans are being treated like second-class citizens with no rights whatsoever.

Or the jobs being created are either call center or temp jobs with crappy wages, even if you have a degree.
503Depressed
503Depressed

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:24 pm

Didn't know there were anymore call center jobs in the US anymore. I thought they all went over seas.
In my daily job search I am noticing more and more contract jobs. It seems no one want to hire direct and pay benefits...
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 503Depressed Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:32 pm

You should see the ads from Stream (local call center) on craigslist. They only pay 10.75/hr and you must commit to 8 weeks of training with no allowed absence excuses for ANY reason.
503Depressed
503Depressed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:44 pm

All call centers are overseas.

Whenever I received a phone call from a debt collector, and that person is speaking clear English, I hang the phone up. I do not support American companies, businesses or agencies where I cannot clearly understand what that individual is speaking.

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:43 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:He's being paid to spin the truth. Cant tick of the boss ya know.

Sadly though, they dont realize that a lot of the media now is seeing through this smoke screen.

I wonder what Ed will have to say about this.

Ed doesn't have a Friday night show (another Comcast forced decision I'm sure). All in all that article is just more political propaganda. Means nothing to me!!!

BLeep
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:11 pm

LIES, LIES AND MORE LIES!!!!!!
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:16 pm

mistermunster wrote:LIES, LIES AND MORE LIES!!!!!!

Don't hold anything back mistermunster! Unemployment Report ‘Very Solid’ Across Board, Goolsbee Says 9685

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:45 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
mistermunster wrote:LIES, LIES AND MORE LIES!!!!!!

Don't hold anything back mistermunster! Unemployment Report ‘Very Solid’ Across Board, Goolsbee Says 9685

NEVER!!!!! I'm just SICK for the Propaganda Ministry bs, As long as they CAN on both sides manipulate the Numbers, media etc...it's a LOST cause. Hey we jacked the numbers, HOLD the presses it's RAINBOWS and Champagne ALL THE WAY. This is JUST ABOMINABLE and PLAIN EVIL!!!!
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:09 pm

Agree with you again.. Both sides gain from deceit...

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:40 pm

Goolsbee is so far out of touch with the real world that he must be living on his very own world ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:01 am

I don't think he is experienced enough for the position he holds. I have heard him speak several times and he kind of wavered and seemed and uncomfortable. Definitely not the right person for the job.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum