Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Missouri Lawmaker: Unemployed Should Get Off Their Backsides And Get A Job EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Missouri Lawmaker: Unemployed Should Get Off Their Backsides And Get A Job EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Missouri Lawmaker: Unemployed Should Get Off Their Backsides And Get A Job EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Missouri Lawmaker: Unemployed Should Get Off Their Backsides And Get A Job EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Missouri Lawmaker: Unemployed Should Get Off Their Backsides And Get A Job EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Missouri Lawmaker: Unemployed Should Get Off Their Backsides And Get A Job EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Missouri Lawmaker: Unemployed Should Get Off Their Backsides And Get A Job EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Missouri Lawmaker: Unemployed Should Get Off Their Backsides And Get A Job EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Missouri Lawmaker: Unemployed Should Get Off Their Backsides And Get A Job EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Missouri Lawmaker: Unemployed Should Get Off Their Backsides And Get A Job EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Missouri Lawmaker: Unemployed Should Get Off Their Backsides And Get A Job EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Missouri Lawmaker: Unemployed Should Get Off Their Backsides And Get A Job EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Missouri Lawmaker: Unemployed Should Get Off Their Backsides And Get A Job EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Missouri Lawmaker: Unemployed Should Get Off Their Backsides And Get A Job EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Missouri Lawmaker: Unemployed Should Get Off Their Backsides And Get A Job EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Missouri Lawmaker: Unemployed Should Get Off Their Backsides And Get A Job

5 posters

Go down

Missouri Lawmaker: Unemployed Should Get Off Their Backsides And Get A Job Empty Re: Missouri Lawmaker: Unemployed Should Get Off Their Backsides And Get A Job

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:06 pm

Get a job!! I never thought of that!! So this is what I have been doing wrong all this time!?!?!

Why didn't he tell me this a year ago?!?!

Get a job. Wow, what would I do without republicans to help me out? They are so d*mn wise.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Missouri Lawmaker: Unemployed Should Get Off Their Backsides And Get A Job Empty Re: Missouri Lawmaker: Unemployed Should Get Off Their Backsides And Get A Job

Post by keilowkei Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:43 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:Get a job!! I never thought of that!! So this is what I have been doing wrong all this time!?!?!

Why didn't he tell me this a year ago?!?!

Get a job. Wow, what would I do without republicans to help me out? They are so d*mn wise.

Get a job..Genius...Guess they missed the part that when you get extended benefits..You have to fill out at least 2 applications per week..Well at least thats the way it worked for me..Plus I guess he missed all the articles about the long term U.E being discriminated against by employers.He hasn't seen that for ever 1 job opening 5 people are applying(Its probably more than 5 people by now)..Guess he don't know how fun it is telling people u r unemployed and barely paying your bills and feeding your family..Also he has never known the fun of applying for food stamps or going to a food bank....IDIOT Missouri Lawmaker: Unemployed Should Get Off Their Backsides And Get A Job 746945 Missouri Lawmaker: Unemployed Should Get Off Their Backsides And Get A Job 619286

keilowkei

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:11 pm

I have to tell you that this lawmaker must be a real genius. Good grief. Somebody should slap him on the back of the head and tell him to join the rest of humanity.

What is it with Republicans that they have so little respect for working class America who have now become the new unemployed and poor? It's the Republicans fault that we're here in the first place with their failed policies and huge tax cuts for the rich.

Back to top Go down

Post by @HelpThe99ers Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:35 pm

An open letter sent to State Senator Lembke's office:

Dear Senator Lembke,

The US Bureau of Labor Statistics will publish its latest numbers over the next few days, but there are two numbers that you and your staff need to be made aware of.

• The first is 3.2 million - that's the total number of job openings across the United States.
  • The second is 13.9 million - that's the total number of out of work Americans.

Senator, given the state of the national job market, surely you can see that your suggestion to "get two or three jobs to make ends meet" is an impractical recommendation at best.

Unemployment benefits are a financial lifeline for million of out of work Americans. Nationally, almost 1.8 million men and women have lost access to that lifeline, and it has been estimated that an additional 4 million people will lose access this year.

Would you, Senator, tell firefighters to set their hoses down when they're putting out a house on fire? Would you tell them that "99 gallons of water are enough" if the fire hasn't been extinguished yet?

I don't think you would, Senator. I think you would tell them to fight that fire until it's out. I would ask you to do the same in this instance. Let the Missouri Senate keep fighting until the work is done.

Thank you.

@HelpThe99ers

http://helpthe99ers.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:26 pm

Thanks for posting that, @HelpThe99ers. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:54 pm

I don't care what he thinks or says. This is just a re-hash of the same, tired attitude of people who don't have a clue.
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:10 pm

It takes no brains to tell people unemployed to get jobs. It takes brains to realize that the economy is at a state of emergency. I agree, if a house is even smoldering, you still pour water on it all until it is safe not to. We really have many forest fires going on across the nation. This idiot can't see a tree that needs help among a forest.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:11 pm

Great letter @Helpthe99ers! Thanks for sharing, I emailed and faxed it to him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum