Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Employed Again EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Employed Again EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Employed Again EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Employed Again EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Employed Again EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Employed Again EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Employed Again EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Employed Again EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Employed Again EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Employed Again EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Employed Again EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Employed Again EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Employed Again EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Employed Again EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Employed Again EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Employed Again

+3
DesperateInRI
elvis44102
Hunterforjobs
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Employed Again Empty Employed Again

Post by Hunterforjobs Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:24 pm

Pending paperwork.

I was recruited by 7-11 and I applied, was hired pending background check and I could start as early as next week. The pay sucks of course but I look at it his way, it gets me out of the house. It does have health benefits, dental, vision etc after 180 days. ONe good thing is they're all Americans at the 7-11 and older, no teens. These are responsible adults mid 20s to 40s. There was a scandal here a couple of weeks ago when the 7-11 franchises were run by foreigners who were trafficking people, making them work in the store under stolen identities, for less than minimum wage, forced to pay rent to their employers who made them live in their properties and work many hours without overtime. When I went, I was amazed to see these people were all Americans.

Of course this all depends on background checks, which I should pass because I have no convictions and clean driving record. We'll see.

Unemployed since 2008.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Employed Again Empty Re: Employed Again

Post by elvis44102 Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:44 pm

a job is a JOB, when you have had none and know what it is like....congradulations...

i have a friend who is 50 ish and she says she feels out-of-place working with 20-30 somethings and probably is descriminated with work hours and duties and such....but cant PROVE it

incidententaly it wasn't that long ago when i worked
part-time at a newspaper shuffling papers to put on the trucks every night (the job called for an intelligence slightly above moron and thats what they got (however i showed up for work everyday))

i have had some bad jobs and was gratefull to get them, working working at a 7-!! would have been a major upgrade...

i do miss the newspaper job from time to time, however i could day-dream the night away while occasionally getting yelled at for putting TV guides in "upside down"  (who cares?)
elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Post by DesperateInRI Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:27 am

Congratulations, Hunter!!
DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:43 am

Thanks but it wont be confirmed until the background check comes in. I have no convictions and clean driving record--even though I do not understand why my driving record is taken into consideration since I wont be driving for them--but there is always something. We'll see. Thanks again.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sad American Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:12 pm

Congratulations! Good for you...
Sad American
Sad American

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:58 pm

Congratulations Hunter! They're lucky to have you. Now show em what a REAL work ethic is!
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:08 am

Thanks, they didn't call today, maybe tomorrow.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:34 pm

OK I officially start on the 3rd.  They gave me the shirt today and I start tomorrow at 3pm.  I do feel relieved, the tension started to drain as I drove home.  I can't believe my 5 year nightmare is over. I have to pinch myself every now and again.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecitizen Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:02 pm

I am happy for you Hunter! Congrats!!! Also, thank you for the support you have provided - you are loved and I hope we won't have to miss you too much. Please keep in touch.

invisiblecitizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:11 pm

I'll check in don't worry.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:13 pm

Well, I went to work 20 minutes early was already to go and I was asked if I was cleared yet. I asked what does that mean. I was told that I had to wait for a phone call telling me I was cleared to work. OH, I said, no phone call, I was just going by what you told me yesterday. I'm sorry, she said, you have to wait until you are cleared. OK I said and left.
Frustrating to say the least now I have to wait two more days to start or see if I am cleared. For a stinkin 7-11 convenience store job.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:30 pm

Totally unbelievable and unacceptable! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN THIS COUNTRY!!!
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecitizen Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:36 pm

Huh? They tell you to come in (transpo costs), then say you are not cleared. If you need to be cleared, that's important enough that it shouldn't have been looked over. Guess I'm still living in the past.

At least you have now cleared the snafu. Try to enjoy the holiday - it might be the last one off for a while.

invisiblecitizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:50 pm

Well I should have known but was trying to have a positive attitude. The first indication was having to fill in all the paperwork again after filling it last week. Thats right it got jammed or lost or something and I had take a ride to fill in all again yesterday. That is when she gave me the shirt and told me my schedule without mentioning the clearance.
I understand they have to be careful after the last franchisers actually trafficked people, gave them stolen American identities and made slaves, so this store has all Americans working, but I wish she didn't give me the shirt or the schedule or at least told me about the phone call. Yeah its messed up. So I will take the holiday off even if they do call me. But what do I have to be cleared of, that is the question I should have asked. My identity, clean records. I haven't worked in 5 years. Oh well. Maybe it was too good to be true. Thanks for letting me vent.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:32 am

Hi Hunter,

I heard that story about the 7-11 franchises. There were several in our area that were affected. All those franchises must be scrambling, and I believe it's just the "tip of the iceberg". Most if not all of the 7-11's by me seem to be run by Indians or Pakestanis, along with Duncan Donuts and those Dollar Stores, and I bet they all follow the same "business model".

I understand how frustrating it can be. It seems like you need to be cleared for a job at the Pentegon, in order to work at 7-11 these days!

Well, I'm sure you'll pass and get the job. It will just have to be delayed a couple of days. You'll probably be there working by Monday.
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecitizen Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:16 am

I agree. Of course you will pass. Its just the same story over and over again. With all the crap going on, its always the hard-working, law-abiding, tax-paying citizens that somehow gets saddled with the resulting burdens.

After five years, you still didn't give up. Giving the rest of us hope and inspiration. If we must do it inch-by-inch, we will put this country on the right path.

invisiblecitizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:30 am

Well I heard from them today. I now have to go in and fill in the paperwork a third time, this time by computer terminal. The guy explained to me it was the agreement between 7-11 Corp and the FBI/Homeland Security and that all employees, even those who worked there forever had to re fill in their paperwork to verify their identity and if they lost their SS card, they are not allowed to work until they get a new one. So this human trafficking scandal really messed everything up. Not only 7-11 though, Duncan Doughnuts, Hess, Circle K, all convenience store franchises and probably will affect the big box stores as well, well every corporation. So I do feel better it isn't incompetence of losing my paperwork. So tomorrow morning, I have to fill in the paperwork again, this time by computer.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecitizen Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:22 pm

I'm becoming concerned about this. Your paperwork contains valuable personal information. Why is it getting lost in the first place and why can't they find it? Are there any 7-11 employees (maybe at another 7-11) that you can ask about this? Will you be entering your information through a website that belongs to Homeland Security? Won't this cause an even further delay in your start date? Can DHS act this swiftly regarding anything? Hunter, please check this out - something is beginning to sound really fishy. You are an honest person and that can be a disadvantage because you won't see what the criminals see. Trust, But Verify. My heart is with you.

invisiblecitizen

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:36 pm

This can be a problem. Make sure you stay on top of it Hunter. Once you finish entering your info, print out any confirmation pages and hold onto them. Also, watch your bills and bank statements closely, especially for the next few months.

I'm not sure how far this probe is reaching, but I do know that several types of establishments are owned and operated by Indians and/or Pakestanis, like gas stations, 7-11's, Dunkin Donuts, Dollar Stores, and little convenience stores, especially in my neck of the woods.

The government has to walk a fine line, because the ACLU could push back, stating these groups are being unfairly targeted, even if they are bringing people in illegally.
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:42 pm

No they have the applications there, both of them, losing my paper work I meant that between scanning it to corporate and corporate receiving it, lost in translation or something. Applications are no longer allowed, has to be all done by computer. Not Homeland Security/Fbi, corporate but they are watching. I will print confirmation pages and will ask them lost of questions tomorrow. Not only me but other new applicants have to go through this. It is a pain.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:43 pm

jmainframe wrote:This can be a problem. Make sure you stay on top of it Hunter. Once you finish entering your info, print out any confirmation pages and hold onto them. Also, watch your bills and bank statements closely, especially for the next few months.

I'm not sure how far this probe is reaching, but I do know that several types of establishments are owned and operated by Indians and/or Pakestanis, like gas stations, 7-11's, Dunkin Donuts, Dollar Stores, and little convenience stores, especially in my neck of the woods.

The government has to walk a fine line, because the ACLU could push back, stating these groups are being unfairly targeted, even if they are bringing people in illegally.

Yes and that is why Indians and Pakistani's are not only targeted but every American as well, even Indians and Pakistani's who are born and raised here.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:43 pm

make sure you put the same DATA in each time, or they will say its falsified data, or something...

i flunked a background check by embelishing my work record (one less year off).....

i have been known to scan and email up to 8 pages for some of my small jobs...
elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:29 am

Well filled in the I-9 form and as someone mentioned here, it is a government website. All the perjury nonsense and threats of imprisonment etc.
I think the government is more embarrassed than 7-11, after all it happened right under their noses for a long time. I have a friend who is in prison, unfortunately for him, and he told me one of the guys is on his cell block.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecitizen Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:32 pm

I hope you have jumped through all the flaming hoops and will be working very soon. Perseverance pays!

invisiblecitizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:18 pm

I hope this is the last of it. They couldn't enter my info because I had to use my mother's maiden name as a password. Can you believe that.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next