Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
I Don't know what do anymore/feeling lost and just want a job EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
I Don't know what do anymore/feeling lost and just want a job EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
I Don't know what do anymore/feeling lost and just want a job EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
I Don't know what do anymore/feeling lost and just want a job EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
I Don't know what do anymore/feeling lost and just want a job EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
I Don't know what do anymore/feeling lost and just want a job EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
I Don't know what do anymore/feeling lost and just want a job EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
I Don't know what do anymore/feeling lost and just want a job EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
I Don't know what do anymore/feeling lost and just want a job EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
I Don't know what do anymore/feeling lost and just want a job EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
I Don't know what do anymore/feeling lost and just want a job EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
I Don't know what do anymore/feeling lost and just want a job EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
I Don't know what do anymore/feeling lost and just want a job EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
I Don't know what do anymore/feeling lost and just want a job EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
I Don't know what do anymore/feeling lost and just want a job EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

I Don't know what do anymore/feeling lost and just want a job

2 posters

Go down

I Don't know what do anymore/feeling lost and just want a job Empty I Don't know what do anymore/feeling lost and just want a job

Post by LostRealist91 Sat May 04, 2013 5:42 am

Hello. My name is Krista and I feel at a bit of a loss. You see my situation is very complicated. I'm 22 years old and I am unemployed. I have about two years work experience only relevant to office and retail but it's still not enough to get me a job and I only obtained this work experience through a youth program i went into after my father passed away when I was 19. Up until that point I had been stuck at home taking care of my elderly father because my older siblings didn't want to. After my father passed away I went through this youth work experience program but they could only do so much and place you on a work site for a bit at a time and since I live in a small town it wasn't permanent. While doing this, I lived with my older brother who paid all the bills while my boyfriend who moved in around when I was 18 to help me out has paid for cleaning supplies, car insurance, phone bill, gas, and toiliteries while I collected food stamps for us. My older brother finally moved out and my boyfriend got a better job and now we have to move out but we can't really until I get a job. I spent all last year going through a 7 month vocational class for computer office technology and it has still not proved enough to even get me an administrative assistant job. It's so frustating..even one of my best friends phil who has no work experience got a retail job but only because his brother's fiance got him in. It seems like no matter how hard I try I can't get a job... the farthest i get is a preemployment test screening and I only got one job interview for macy's and I got rejected for that not even a day later even though I have merchandising experience. I feel like ever since my boyfriend and my friend phil both got jobs they no longer remember what it's like to be jobless and I feel like i'm getting empty answers of "just keep trying". That's all I ever do... all i ever do is just apply on my computer and call people back... all i ever do is try...I feel like sexism comes into play with this. That because i'm a small half asian chick I'm not taken seriously or because I don't have big breasts no one cares. Even one of my friends Mike Inman who's a manager said yeah most people get their jobs because someone got them in or because they have a awesome resume or big breasts. I feel like i'm on a raft in the middle of the ocean while everyone else is on shore... I just want a job... I'm tired of being on food stamps and feeling useless... I'm practically on the verge of killing myself and feel like no one understands me at all because they all have jobs and forgot where they came from. I know most people are going to tell me the answer is because I don't have a college credits or it's because it's a depression but I just feel like those are empty answers. I mean all of my silbings never went to college and they have jobs. My eldest brother is an auditor, my older sister is a CNA, and the brother I was living with works at a call center. They all did bad in high school and have a history of alcholism and drugs yet a person like me who's clean and never did anything can't get a job. I have no support from these older siblings what so ever. They're too concerned with money and I'm going to be kicked out this house i'm living in since my older brother isn't here paying the rent anymore and could care less about if i get a job or not...
LostRealist91
LostRealist91

Back to top Go down

I Don't know what do anymore/feeling lost and just want a job Empty Re: I Don't know what do anymore/feeling lost and just want a job

Post by jmainframe Sat May 04, 2013 8:10 am

I'm sorry to hear your story, but you're not alone. I don't think there's ever been a time in US history where so many young people have had such a hard time getting started. Even those who graduated college, and are now 50K+ in debt now find it next to impossible to get a job! I can't blame them for feeling they got scammed. The economic and unemployment figures are being manipulated in order to make it APPEAR as if things are getting better. They are not!

The way I see it, things are only going to improve if big corporations stop sitting on the billions of dollars that they have hoarded, and start creating American jobs and hire Americans to fill them and, by the way pay them a living wage. This will also give the people who've somehow managed to hang onto their jobs, doing the work of 5 people, a well-deserved rest.
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

I Don't know what do anymore/feeling lost and just want a job Empty Re: I Don't know what do anymore/feeling lost and just want a job

Post by LostRealist91 Sat May 04, 2013 6:34 pm

@jmainframe: Thank you for you encouragement. I'm glad at least you have an understanding of how the world actually works. Most people I know either grew up or know people who grew up back in the day where it was easy to get a job. They just throw the same useless advice of "oh go apply for a job in retail or fast food.... they hire anyone".
LostRealist91
LostRealist91

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down