Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
RI Legislators introduce Offshoring Prevention Act....AGAIN! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
RI Legislators introduce Offshoring Prevention Act....AGAIN! EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
RI Legislators introduce Offshoring Prevention Act....AGAIN! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
RI Legislators introduce Offshoring Prevention Act....AGAIN! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
RI Legislators introduce Offshoring Prevention Act....AGAIN! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
RI Legislators introduce Offshoring Prevention Act....AGAIN! EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
RI Legislators introduce Offshoring Prevention Act....AGAIN! EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
RI Legislators introduce Offshoring Prevention Act....AGAIN! EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
RI Legislators introduce Offshoring Prevention Act....AGAIN! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
RI Legislators introduce Offshoring Prevention Act....AGAIN! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
RI Legislators introduce Offshoring Prevention Act....AGAIN! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
RI Legislators introduce Offshoring Prevention Act....AGAIN! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
RI Legislators introduce Offshoring Prevention Act....AGAIN! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
RI Legislators introduce Offshoring Prevention Act....AGAIN! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
RI Legislators introduce Offshoring Prevention Act....AGAIN! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

RI Legislators introduce Offshoring Prevention Act....AGAIN!

3 posters

Go down

RI Legislators introduce Offshoring Prevention Act....AGAIN! Empty RI Legislators introduce Offshoring Prevention Act....AGAIN!

Post by DesperateInRI Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:05 pm

Senator Sheldon Whitehouse and Congressman David Cicilline announced the introduction of the Offshoring Prevention Act.

The legislation aims to eliminate special tax breaks for companies that ship jobs overseas. It would eliminate federal tax breaks for U.S. companies that manufacture goods abroad for sale in the U.S.

"I have heard from too many Rhode Island small businesses that are fed up with unfair competition from abroad," said Whitehouse, who first introduced the Offshoring Prevention Act in 2011. "By giving special tax deals to companies that ship jobs overseas, we put local small businesses at a disadvantage. Ending this costly tax giveaway will help keep jobs in America and generate nearly $20 billion in new revenue – a true win-win."
http://www.abc6.com/story/21574796/whitehouse-cicilline-introduce-offshoring-prevention-act

These are the type of bills we need to stand behind and advocate for! This was first introduced in the summer of 2011 but never made it out of Committee. There have been other bills to help the Long Term Unemployed that have fallen by the wayside because no one paid attention. Too busy pushing for extensions of benefits. I am guilty of that as well. As we all know now, these extensions didn't help anything. It just made the unemployed long term unemployed and now considered to be gone from the workforce.

Anyone remember HR 1113 introduced in the 111-112th Congress by Rep. Hank Johnson of GA? It would have made discrimination against the LTU a part of the Civil Rights Act. That also never made it out of Committee. Sad thing is, that type of bill wouldn't have cost anything substantial to the taxpayers.

I support and thank my Senator and Representative for not giving up, and pushing this outsourcing bill forward again in the 113th Congress!!

RI Legislators introduce Offshoring Prevention Act....AGAIN! Sheldo10
DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

RI Legislators introduce Offshoring Prevention Act....AGAIN! Empty Re: RI Legislators introduce Offshoring Prevention Act....AGAIN!

Post by jmainframe Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:11 pm

Wow, this is great news! It restores my faith in our elected officials.
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

RI Legislators introduce Offshoring Prevention Act....AGAIN! Empty Re: RI Legislators introduce Offshoring Prevention Act....AGAIN!

Post by USA Citizen Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:03 pm

Now name 10 companies that will lobby to prevent the Offshoring Prevention Act from becoming law because of their lobbying efforts. Cicilline and Whitehouse first proposed the same bill in June of 2011 but it never made it past committee. Will it make it out of committee this time?
USA Citizen
USA Citizen

Back to top Go down

RI Legislators introduce Offshoring Prevention Act....AGAIN! Empty ge

Post by DesperateInRI Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:48 am

USA Citizen wrote:Now name 10 companies that will lobby to prevent the Offshoring Prevention Act from becoming law because of their lobbying efforts. Cicilline and Whitehouse first proposed the same bill in June of 2011 but it never made it past committee. Will it make it out of committee this time?
If it doesn't, the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations will be a ghost town. Things are only getting worse here. Two of our major employers, Hasbro and MetLife, have announced major lay-offs, and jobs are being sent elsewhere.

Hey, I can hope this bill makes it this time. I don't have anything left except hope.
DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down