Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
things are going to get worst EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
things are going to get worst EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
things are going to get worst EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
things are going to get worst EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
things are going to get worst EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
things are going to get worst EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
things are going to get worst EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
things are going to get worst EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
things are going to get worst EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
things are going to get worst EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
things are going to get worst EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
things are going to get worst EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
things are going to get worst EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
things are going to get worst EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
things are going to get worst EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

things are going to get worst

+6
DesperateInRI
Springflowers
jmainframe
sunshiney
503Depressed
beretta1071@gmail.com
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

things are going to get worst Empty things are going to get worst

Post by beretta1071@gmail.com Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:04 pm

I fear things will only get worse. With the cuts the government is making, more people will lose their jobs, people that work for companies that contract with the government,. I believe we are in death spiral and more people are going to lose their jobs, and their is going to be much more suffering and misery.

Who will have the money and steady jobs to buy cars, furniture, other luxury items. With less consumption comes less demand, less hiring. How this will end who knows, but it will not be pretty. I'am go glad that i own guns, crime rate is going to skyrocket.

beretta1071@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

things are going to get worst Empty Re: things are going to get worst

Post by 503Depressed Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:46 pm

Welcome to Greece part Dux.....while mainstreet is still deep in a depression caused by the 2008 crash.
503Depressed
503Depressed

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshiney Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:58 pm

Amen to both of those comments. What I want to know is when is all this downward spiraling going to stop? The media says the economy is showing improvement but where???

sunshiney

Back to top Go down

Post by 503Depressed Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:07 pm

The only economy improvement is that Wallstreet numbers are climbing....more money for them.....while the sequester will cut about 750K public sector jobs....many agencies have already sent out furlough notices, they have to give 30 days notice....
503Depressed
503Depressed

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:39 am

The "rally" in the stock market has been artificially created thru electronic stock transfers appearing on brokerage statements with little real money to back it in an economy where billions, maybe trillions of dollars can never be accounted for at any given time. It's a Ponzi scheme that would make what Bernie Madoff did seem like stealing $1 out of his grand kid's piggy bank.

So far, the only ones there making money are the brokers (who can't spend it fast enough on drugs, booz, and gambling) and not the investors. If there was ever a run on investors to sell, the whole thing would collapse like a house of cards.

Last edited by jmainframe on Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by Springflowers Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:55 am

beretta1071@gmail.com wrote:I fear things will only get worse. With the cuts the government is making, more people will lose their jobs, people that work for companies that contract with the government,. I believe we are in death spiral and more people are going to lose their jobs, and their is going to be much more suffering and misery.

Who will have the money and steady jobs to buy cars, furniture, other luxury items. With less consumption comes less demand, less hiring. How this will end who knows, but it will not be pretty. I'am go glad that i own guns, crime rate is going to skyrocket.

Stores are already closing, Ive heard Sears, Radio Shack, Olive Garden, and many other businesses are in trouble. I left one town that ended up with everything closing up and now I am seeing it here...and its depressing. No
No one has any expendable income for consumer goods. These corporations who sold this country out for cheap labor, were so so so stupid, they couldn't even figure out that once no one made any money, that they would not be buying their products. I guess Obama can take more million dollar golfing trips at tax payer expense while cutting help for the disabled and old and limiting benefits to veterans.

Springflowers

Back to top Go down

Post by Springflowers Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:56 am

jmainframe wrote:The "rally" in the stock market has been artificially created thru electronic stock transfers appearing on brokerage statements with little real money to back it in an economy where billions, maybe trillions of dollars can never be accounted for at any given time. It's a Ponzi scheme that would make what Bernie Madoff did seem like stealing $1 out of his grand kid's piggy bank.

So far, the only ones there making money are the brokers (who can't spend their money fast enough) and not the investors. If there was ever a run on investors to sell, the whole thing would collapse like a house of cards.

Agree there. Hey the stock market, is they are haggling over the money they just cleaned out of the till.

Springflowers

Back to top Go down

Post by Springflowers Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:57 am

sunshiney wrote:Amen to both of those comments. What I want to know is when is all this downward spiraling going to stop? The media says the economy is showing improvement but where???

It's not the American economy is collapsing.

Springflowers

Back to top Go down

Post by beretta1071@gmail.com Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:38 pm

You are right Springflowers corporations outsourcing has made this situation worse, all of those manufacturing jobs gone. My husband is a casualty of his job moving to China, it was a good job with good benefits, all jobs were moved to China, leaving 500 people floundering about looking for work. If it weren't for that, we would not be struggling right now, he would be working there and we would be fine.

beretta1071@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DesperateInRI Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:45 pm

Even recruiters are being outsourced! I was called by one last week who was recruiting for a Fortune 500 company here. I don't know if he was from China, India or Mars, but I could not understand what he was saying! So much for that job!
DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 503Depressed Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:47 pm

I get called by many, of which several I can barely understand. Have resorted to not calling back those that leave messages that can not be understood...and have gotten the attitude of "Just send me an email"....got 11 calls yesterday about another opening at Intel...not that they matter, I can apply until I'm blue in the face, Intel is not going to hire me....that much is extremely clear.
503Depressed
503Depressed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:57 am

Know who are the primary vendors to companies vs the 2nd or 3rd 7/11 vendors that will not being you success. I need to say this after all these years? Come on friends.

Back to top Go down

Post by DesperateInRI Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:30 pm

smindles wrote:Know who are the primary vendors to companies vs the 2nd or 3rd 7/11 vendors that will not being you success. I need to say this after all these years? Come on friends.
Major companies around here use different recruiters. Some, like CVS, even advertise on their own from time to time.
DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:15 pm

Thanks Desp, I think we're saying the same thing. Primary vendor = primary recruiter = agency directly working for clients like CVS to find candidates. Not the oversees vendors that work through higher vendors/agencies with requisitions farmed out. These agencies are primarily a waste of time and don't represent job seekers correctly to the upper tier vendor.

I've seen what they submit. For the most part horrible!

Back to top Go down

Post by carlch Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:27 pm

Springflowers wrote:
beretta1071@gmail.com wrote:I fear things will only get worse. With the cuts the government is making, more people will lose their jobs, people that work for companies that contract with the government,. I believe we are in death spiral and more people are going to lose their jobs, and their is going to be much more suffering and misery.

Stores are already closing, Ive heard Sears, Radio Shack, Olive Garden, and many other businesses are in trouble. I left one town that ended up with everything closing up and now I am seeing it here...and its depressing. No
No one has any expendable income for consumer goods. These corporations who sold this country out for cheap labor, were so so so stupid, they couldn't even figure out that once no one made any money, that they would not be buying their products. I guess Obama can take more million dollar golfing trips at tax payer expense while cutting help for the disabled and old and limiting benefits to veterans.

Spring, I sporadically post under the new "Unemployed Friends" as I've been working on and off. Your comment says it all and is right on. I recall posting several comments almost identical to yours back in 2010-11 on the old board. I barely have money to purchase groceries and only buy the necessities. No money (income) means no spending as so many stores have closed my area.

carlch

Back to top Go down

Post by DesperateInRI Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:11 pm

.....simple economics! What part of that do our great leaders not understand???? Robert Reich and Paul Krugman have been saying it for over 4 years now! Why hasn't anyone paid attention?
DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by carlch Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:21 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:.....simple economics! What part of that do our great leaders not understand???? Robert Reich and Paul Krugman have been saying it for over 4 years now! Why hasn't anyone paid attention?

Desperate, Krugman has been my "go to" guy for reliable facts for sometime now. I also think NBR (Nightly Business Report) and the News Hour on PBS are fairly reliable for business and political news.

carlch

Back to top Go down

Post by MarilynL Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:27 pm

While I don't wish for a civil war or violence to become a part of our new world...I would love to see how our politicians, and employers alike, try to answer and appease the anger of our unemployed citizens. Something has to give soon...and unfortunately it may all come to that.

MarilynL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:29 pm

things are going to get worst 00591710

Back to top Go down

Post by Springflowers Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:15 am

I think this board is being invaded by "agents" so speak who are here to mock the unemployed and discount what is happening. The above sure seems that way. Mods pay attention, the powers that be, don't want any place talking about what is really happening out there.

Springflowers

Back to top Go down

Post by Springflowers Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:17 am

What is going to happen to a country where only the well-connected and heeled can even get decent employment to make ends meet and support a family? It's not going to be good to have most of the population struggling. Around here, they are closing even LONG TIME BUSINESSES.

Springflowers

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:34 pm

Springflowers wrote:What is going to happen to a country where only the well-connected and heeled can even get decent employment to make ends meet and support a family? It's not going to be good to have most of the population struggling. Around here, they are closing even LONG TIME BUSINESSES.

When complaining to our elected representatives (which we have done time and again) fails to get results, it will ultimately lead to civil unrest and violence. At that point, I suppose we'll see just how stable our government, police force, and society really are.
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by Springflowers Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:06 pm

jmainframe wrote:
Springflowers wrote:What is going to happen to a country where only the well-connected and heeled can even get decent employment to make ends meet and support a family? It's not going to be good to have most of the population struggling. Around here, they are closing even LONG TIME BUSINESSES.

When complaining to our elected representatives (which we have done time and again) fails to get results, it will ultimately lead to civil unrest and violence. At that point, I suppose we'll see just how stable our government, police force, and society really are.

As a Christian I believe in living in peace but to be frank, I am scared that is the way things are going to go too. You know looking where America is going is scary and sad too. Guess I am old enough to remember when things were far far better. No No Things will tip when people start going actually hungry and they cut all the safety nets. I think rural areas will be better off safety wise where people know their neighbors, big ones not so much.

Springflowers

Back to top Go down

Post by pbrad009 Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:52 pm

People, things will get better. A lot of it is in your attitude and outlook.
Government cuts have nothing to do with your well-being. So keep your chin up, keep moving forward, go out there and make it happen. Every cloud has a silver lining.

The guest who posted the "cry me a river" animation should have his experience at unemployment. He is most likely a  TEA party hack or a Rush Limbaugh ditto-head who thinks we are "funemployed" and that we should just follow our dreams. Let him live on nothing, then maybe he will change his pants.

If Sears or other long time businesses fail, then another one will come in and take their place. Then more jobs will open up.

pbrad009

Back to top Go down

Post by DesperateInRI Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:53 pm

pbrad009 wrote:People, things will get better. A lot of it is in your attitude and outlook.
Government cuts have nothing to do with your well-being. So keep your chin up, keep moving forward, go out there and make it happen. Every cloud has a silver lining.

The guest who posted the "cry me a river" animation should have his experience at unemployment. He is most likely a  TEA party hack or a Rush Limbaugh ditto-head who thinks we are "funemployed" and that we should just follow our dreams. Let him live on nothing, then maybe he will change his pants.

If Sears or other long time businesses fail, then another one will come in and take their place. Then more jobs will open up.
I hope the "Guest" who posted Cry Me A River sees this. You will rue the day you started on him.

I'm trying to delete all your useless, outdated posts but unlike you, I have a life so I can't waste my time sitting here doing this all day. Fellow members, feel free to let pbrad009 know your thoughts on his gibberish posts.
DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum