Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
We are so crued EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
We are so crued EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
We are so crued EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
We are so crued EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
We are so crued EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
We are so crued EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
We are so crued EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
We are so crued EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
We are so crued EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
We are so crued EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
We are so crued EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
We are so crued EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
We are so crued EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
We are so crued EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
We are so crued EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

We are so crued

+10
SameOlSong
Loser
503Depressed
invisiblecitizen
dumbfounded
USA Citizen
DesperateInRI
jmainframe
Springflowers
beretta1071@gmail.com
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

We are so crued Empty We are so crued

Post by beretta1071@gmail.com Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:10 pm

This situation that all of unemployed find our selves in is just unprecedented and to some extent with no way out.  I have a job, but my husband has been unemployed since October 2012, he has worked on and off temp jobs all thru 2012.  

It is so sad that that a job is the new lottery now, if you get laid off, you are basically screwed.  With the combination of so few jobs, more lay-offs, price of food and gas going up, we are in a perfect storm.    It is like we are all stuck in a nightmare that we cannot wake up from.  We need money to buy basic needs, if you don't have a job = no money.   You can't just "get a job" someone has to offer one to you.  If no one offers you a job, their is nothing you can do.  If you can't pay your rent=become homeless.    If you live in apartment you can't grow your own food.   I' am afraid more and more people are going to become unemployed, until the unemployed outnumber the employed  (mark my words it will happen)

I can't believe what an unbelievable situation millions of people have been thrown into, and nothing is being done about it.   This is forced poverty and destitution being foisted on us.  This is the stuff revolutions are made of.  Unfortunately I don't feel hopeful of that either, the goverment will just declare martial law and that will be the end of any uprising or revolution.

In my opinion, it is time for a universal basic income for all of the unemployed,  ( that is another discussion).  Other wise I don't have any answers.

beretta1071@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

We are so crued Empty Re: We are so crued

Post by Springflowers Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:59 pm

beretta1071@gmail.com wrote:This situation that all of unemployed find our selves in is just unprecedented and to some extent with no way out. I have a job, but my husband has been unemployed since October 2012, he has worked on and off temp jobs all thru 2012.

It is so sad that that a job is the new lottery now, if you get laid off, you are basically screwed. With the combination of so few jobs, more lay-offs, price of food and gas going up, we are in a perfect storm. It is like we are all stuck in a nightmare that we cannot wake up from. We need money to buy basic needs, if you don't have a job = no money. You can't just "get a job" someone has to offer one to you. If no one offers you a job, their is nothing you can do. If you can't pay your rent=become homeless. If you live in apartment you can't grow your own food. I' am afraid more and more people are going to become unemployed, until the unemployed outnumber the employed (mark my words it will happen)

I can't believe what an unbelievable situation millions of people have been thrown into, and nothing is being done about it. This is forced poverty and destitution being foisted on us. This is the stuff revolutions are made of. Unfortunately I don't feel hopeful of that either, the goverment will just declare martial law and that will be the end of any uprising or revolution.

In my opinion, it is time for a universal basic income for all of the unemployed, ( that is another discussion). Other wise I don't have any answers.

I think the entire jobs thing is failing, technology has moved beyond the job system like what this blog talks about

http://ramennoodlenation.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-jobs-system-is-failing.html

I don't think people should suffer via Lotto either and starve at the whim of a boss whose had a bad hair day. Then think of all the "punishments" that await if you do not have money. I agree with you.

Springflowers

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:59 am

This country is in a lot worse shape than the government wants to admit. If they ever admit how bad things REALLY are, there would be panic and rioting, the likes of which this country has never seen! Countries who control our vital resources (IE oil) want to see us dead, China (who also is no friend of us) control our debt, and the greedy rich are hoarding all of the remaining money and resources, and are probably planning their exit strategy when things here turn ugly.

Hype and perception are NOT effective when it is nowhere near reality, and I believe the majority of people are now becomming wise to all the hype.

Sorry for all the doom and gloom, but this is what I'm sensing.
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by beretta1071@gmail.com Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:44 am

Springflowers,

Your are correct, technology is another problem, yet people are praising technology moving so quickly, not thinking of the ramifications.

Yes, i agree with jmainfraime, the country is in worse shape than government wants to admit. I think though eventually it will be so bad, that it will not be helped but be noticed. When we have 50 percent of the population without jobs, that is when it will not be denied any longer, I think that is when we will have unrest, and I do believe it will get to 50 percent, i mean everyday people are losing jobs, maybe small numbers but it is like a slow drain.

beretta1071@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by beretta1071@gmail.com Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:47 am

Also if you have not heard, unfortunately I don't have the link, but Sears, Barnes & Noble, Radio shack, JC penny are all going to be closing hundreds of stores, their go another thousand or so people. that is what i'am saying slow drain, will reach 50 percent or more eventually.

Of course these stores are not doing well, people don't have any disposable income.

beretta1071@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DesperateInRI Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:30 pm

I saw the same thing on the news about those retail stores, beretta. It won't end with those, this is going to cause a major chain reaction to the economy. No spending, no demand, no jobs!
DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:10 pm

Yeah, a spokesman for Walmart said their February sales so far have been a total disaster. He hasn't seen it this bad in the 7 years that he has been with the company!
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by DesperateInRI Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:13 pm

jmainframe wrote:Yeah, a spokesman for Walmart said their February sales so far have been a total disaster. He hasn't seen it this bad in the 7 years that he has been with the company!
If WalMart is feeling the hit, think of how poorly other companies are doing! Not a good sign at all!
DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by USA Citizen Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:52 pm

What amazes me is that this is happening at all. Who can we blame for not having the foresight to prevent this jobs catastrophe? Who had the means to prevent the shipping of manufacturing and jobs overseas? Who had the power to stop the demise of the American Dream? Oh well. So technology is destroying more jobs than it creates. So the service sector jobs don't pay enough to survive on in the U.S. So the free trade agreements end up costing Americans more than it benefits them. So what are our leaders and politicians doing about this? Are they coming up with great plans and enacting programs that will put Americans back to work? No. Politicians are bickering over how to throw more millions of Americans out of work. Instead of helping Americans, our politicians are wreaking America. Those politicians are so rich that they don't care about what happens to ordinary Americans. So what can unemployed Americans do about this jobs catastrophe? Absolutely nothing. We are so screwed.
USA Citizen
USA Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by beretta1071@gmail.com Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:50 pm

I don't understand how the news networks and our politicians cannot see this slow motion train wreck. This is a DEMAND problem, their is no demand for products, services, etc.., because people do not have disposable incomes. Even people who have jobs, some of my co-workers are so blind, they sit there and wonder why people can't get jobs. I have a job and I see how bad it is. Its like they don't want to see, until it happens to them. I just CAN'T BELIEVE IT!. its like these people are purposely blind. That is the worst of all, is that people DON'T want to see, so how do you even try to fix something like this when people are in denial.

beretta1071@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Springflowers Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:51 am

Obama signed even more free trade deals so now NAFTA has been expanded on. Yes they are wealthy and out of touch and only care about getting theirs.

Americans are brainwashed by the media, they do not care to know what is going on. The ones who are directly impacted think they are alone and do not realize the numbers suffering, the ones still with jobs are playing whistle by the graveyard and do not want to know.

All the numbers and businesses closing show what reality is coming. An America where Sears can't even stay in business? I guess people don't even have disposable incomes to buy washing machines and tools anymore. The delusion and willful ignorance really makes me sick. So many do not want to know.

The only thing that explains it all to me is spiritual blindess and evil, people who are mostly brainwashed by a sold out media.

Springflowers

Back to top Go down

Post by Springflowers Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:51 am

jmainframe wrote:Yeah, a spokesman for Walmart said their February sales so far have been a total disaster. He hasn't seen it this bad in the 7 years that he has been with the company!

yes that is really bad. Walmart sells FOOD too, so what does that say?

Springflowers

Back to top Go down

Post by Springflowers Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:55 am

beretta1071@gmail.com wrote:

Yes, i agree with jmainfraime, the country is in worse shape than government wants to admit. I think though eventually it will be so bad, that it will not be helped but be noticed. When we have 50 percent of the population without jobs, that is when it will not be denied any longer, I think that is when we will have unrest, and I do believe it will get to 50 percent, i mean everyday people are losing jobs, maybe small numbers but it is like a slow drain.

There are a few websites that talk about what is going on. Acouple blogs, like ramen noodle nation and that Economic collapse guy, and Zero Hedge, etc, but most do not want to know. I think they are hiding how bad things are and are cooking the numbers. They tell people not to believe their lying eyes as they see the endless wasteland of closed businesses and jobless friends in front of them and sadly people believe it. What is scary is people remain clueless about what is coming. I think they do not want people to know as they do the final clean-out of the till. I read there is even more bail-outs going on but they aren't reporting them. The entire country is being ripped off and vast IGNORANCE and BRAINWASHING is letting it happen.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/17/business/dont-blink-or-youll-miss-another-bank-bailout.html?_r=0

Springflowers

Back to top Go down

Post by USA Citizen Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:53 am

It's time to bail out more banks who aren't making enough profit. It's time to bail out big companies that are too big to fail. It's time to bail out the government that can't print money fast enough. How can we help? We can do without jobs. We can do without unemployment benefits. We can do without cars. We can do without homes. We can do without food. We can do without family. Can do without a government that can do without us? Can we do without politicians that only care about their next lobby payoff? They can do without us. They have the FEMA camps built. They have the railroad cars with shackles. They have the caskets ready made. They are just waiting for the billions of rounds of ammunition that is on order.
USA Citizen
USA Citizen

Back to top Go down

We are so crued Empty REALITY OF NYC: unemployment down welfare is up

Post by dumbfounded Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:36 am

I am a NYC displaced worker since December 9th and was forced to go on welfare to survive. Once you get on welfare they sent you to a back to work program which is a joke, you are in a room that holds 30 people but there are over 50 people in the room sitting there from 9-5 doing nothing, the jobs that they offer are minimum wages. The people who are their to help you are little help at all if you have job experience and college education. To add insult to injury you have to work for your welfare check which is free labor for a lot of city agencies, because you are only earning your welfare check and not the pay that a regular employee would get. Oh and to top it off the only work they give you is cleaning in the parks, sanitation, transit, and NYPD. Talking to many of the folks there they are all a result of the December 9th kicked off of unemployment. IF I COULD WORK FOR PENNIES WHY CANT THEY GIVE ME A REAL PAY CHECK. Is this what my two Associate and a Bachelor degree gets me. Unemployment is down but welfare is up in New York City

dumbfounded

Back to top Go down

Post by USA Citizen Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:40 pm

dumbfounded wrote: IF I COULD WORK FOR PENNIES WHY CANT THEY GIVE ME A REAL PAY CHECK. Is this what my two Associate and a Bachelor degree gets me. Unemployment is down but welfare is up in New York City

This link suggests that it takes a Bachelor degree to get entry level jobs:
http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t5161-it-sure-beats-washing-cars#61116

If you have a Bachelor's degree then you may qualify for picking up trash or washing cars.
USA Citizen
USA Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecitizen Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:08 am

I have asked many people about their job security and the looming sequestration - most don't have a clue about what the sequestration is. When I explain it to them, their response is along the line of "we have government contracts so we can't be touched." If sequestration does happen, it will be much harder for our elected officials to pretend massive unemployment doesn't exist. Also, I wonder what looming crisis is building as far as shelter goes. With so many houses sitting empty for months on end, and so many people either laid-off or facing 20% pay cuts - where are people going to live. Government is doing nothing about this fast-growing crisis while we are accustomed to government stepping in when disaster is about to strike. We can't count on government being there for us anymore.

invisiblecitizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Springflowers Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:51 am

USA Citizen wrote:
dumbfounded wrote: IF I COULD WORK FOR PENNIES WHY CANT THEY GIVE ME A REAL PAY CHECK. Is this what my two Associate and a Bachelor degree gets me. Unemployment is down but welfare is up in New York City

This link suggests that it takes a Bachelor degree to get entry level jobs:
http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t5161-it-sure-beats-washing-cars#61116

If you have a Bachelor's degree then you may qualify for picking up trash or washing cars.

I wonder if they would bother to request transcripts. I doubt it.

Springflowers

Back to top Go down

Post by Springflowers Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:53 am

invisiblecitizen wrote:I have asked many people about their job security and the looming sequestration - most don't have a clue about what the sequestration is. When I explain it to them, their response is along the line of "we have government contracts so we can't be touched." If sequestration does happen, it will be much harder for our elected officials to pretend massive unemployment doesn't exist. Also, I wonder what looming crisis is building as far as shelter goes. With so many houses sitting empty for months on end, and so many people either laid-off or facing 20% pay cuts - where are people going to live. Government is doing nothing about this fast-growing crisis while we are accustomed to government stepping in when disaster is about to strike. We can't count on government being there for us anymore.

Yes one thing about this sequester business, they won't be cutting down Obama's million dollar golf trips or money sent overseas to third world countiries, they will be cutting down needed services to americans. Isnt that how it usually works. I think the slew of empty houses being allowed to rot while people are pushed into homelessness is disgustingl.

Springflowers

Back to top Go down

Post by 503Depressed Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:38 pm

And those empty houses are being snapped up by Investers. JP Morgan/Chase bought a slew of them in several states with the intention of renting them out to single families. Buying a house is no longer an option, however now you can rent your old house just by paying a bank a huge rent price just to live.....the new normal in this country.....pay the already rich even more of the money that you don't have to spare....
503Depressed
503Depressed

Back to top Go down

Post by Springflowers Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:19 am

That's sick, yeah theyll become the new landlords with huge rents. Rent should be going down looking at the economy but most places its not, why not?

Springflowers

Back to top Go down

Post by 503Depressed Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:56 pm

In Portland, OR...rents are on the rise, mostly because of the constant increase in property taxes, water and sewer rates, and in SE PDX Crime is on the constant increase. Weapon of choice has become the automobile, hit & runs are starting to outpace guns.
503Depressed
503Depressed

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:57 pm

503Depressed wrote:And those empty houses are being snapped up by Investers. JP Morgan/Chase bought a slew of them in several states with the intention of renting them out to single families. Buying a house is no longer an option, however now you can rent your old house just by paying a bank a huge rent price just to live.....the new normal in this country.....pay the already rich even more of the money that you don't have to spare....

This might explain the recent positive news the last several months in the housing industry. It's just another thing that is being propped up in a propped-up economy.
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by 503Depressed Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:05 pm

jmainframe wrote:
503Depressed wrote:And those empty houses are being snapped up by Investers. JP Morgan/Chase bought a slew of them in several states with the intention of renting them out to single families. Buying a house is no longer an option, however now you can rent your old house just by paying a bank a huge rent price just to live.....the new normal in this country.....pay the already rich even more of the money that you don't have to spare....

This might explain the recent positive news the last several months in the housing industry. It's just another thing that is being propped up in a propped-up economy.

Yep, investors are the main housing buyers now. Young couples can not afford houses, and banks are keeping credit extremely tight to discourage the former middle class from buying their old houses back, not to mention all of us with damaged credit who are now way too big a risk.
503Depressed
503Depressed

Back to top Go down

Post by Loser Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:38 am

503Depressed wrote:In Portland, OR...rents are on the rise, mostly because of the constant increase in property taxes, water and sewer rates, and in SE PDX Crime is on the constant increase. Weapon of choice has become the automobile, hit & runs are starting to outpace guns.

Also, rents are rising because trust-fund kids move in, and they don't mind paying higher rents, since it's actually others' money that's paying for them. Those of us who actually have to work for a living get to live in ghettos, I guess. We are so crued 681285

(I used to live in Portland)
Loser
Loser

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum