Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Michigan Telephone Hearing - Employer perjured himself. Should I write judge a letter? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Michigan Telephone Hearing - Employer perjured himself. Should I write judge a letter? EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Michigan Telephone Hearing - Employer perjured himself. Should I write judge a letter? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Michigan Telephone Hearing - Employer perjured himself. Should I write judge a letter? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Michigan Telephone Hearing - Employer perjured himself. Should I write judge a letter? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Michigan Telephone Hearing - Employer perjured himself. Should I write judge a letter? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Michigan Telephone Hearing - Employer perjured himself. Should I write judge a letter? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Michigan Telephone Hearing - Employer perjured himself. Should I write judge a letter? EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Michigan Telephone Hearing - Employer perjured himself. Should I write judge a letter? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Michigan Telephone Hearing - Employer perjured himself. Should I write judge a letter? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Michigan Telephone Hearing - Employer perjured himself. Should I write judge a letter? EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Michigan Telephone Hearing - Employer perjured himself. Should I write judge a letter? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Michigan Telephone Hearing - Employer perjured himself. Should I write judge a letter? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Michigan Telephone Hearing - Employer perjured himself. Should I write judge a letter? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Michigan Telephone Hearing - Employer perjured himself. Should I write judge a letter? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Michigan Telephone Hearing - Employer perjured himself. Should I write judge a letter?

3 posters

Go down

Michigan Telephone Hearing - Employer perjured himself. Should I write judge a letter? Empty Michigan Telephone Hearing - Employer perjured himself. Should I write judge a letter?

Post by sattech200 Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:12 am

Good morning everyone!

I have been denied unemployment benefits because of termination due to excessive attendance violations. last violation was due to not returning to work on time which is considered misconduct. I have been employed with x company for 13 years on salary often working 60-80 hours a week. Only received one raise in last nine years.

I had my telephone hearing with an administrative law judge on yesterday. Since I am the claimant I testified first. I explained that a year ago I went through a separation with my spouse of 17 years and lost my family among a few other very stressful life circumstances. I fell into a deep depression that had caused a serious of tardiness and absences. I have never been informed of the exact triggering cause of my termination until the hearing yesterday. I only received one written disciplinary action that listed terms of possible termination if I violate the conditions. Last november I started counseling that led to prescriptions, anti depressants, etc... my x employer never requested any documentation from me however I voluntarily provided it which includes appointments with my therapist and psychologist (all of which occurred during normal work hours and I was given time off to go to those appointments) I also provided records of the medications I was taking and the paperwork of side effects which some of I had been experiencing. I have a ton of documentation to clearly shows I kept my employer informed of my illness and treatment. Heck, at one time my direct supervisor and I stopped to pickup my scripts while we were out running work errands. There is a lot more that I could say to substantiate that.

Then it was my x employer turn to testify. They testified, under oath, that I never informed them or provided them any documentation of this illness or my treatment. That they had no knowledge of this. I was in total disbelief! I didn't know what to say and didn't have the opportunity to respond. I am very....how do I say....UPSET!?!?!? I feel that could have a major impact on the decision the judge is going to reach. I had an advocate representing me and I talked to him after the hearing. He said it could go either way and that we should wait for the ruling.

I have compiled all of my evidence that clearly shows I kept my employer informed and have a professional letter typed that details my dispute to the testimony.

My question is:
Should I send this information to the judge now before he makes his ruling or should I wait as advised by my advocate?

Thank you for your time! any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

sattech200

Back to top Go down

Michigan Telephone Hearing - Employer perjured himself. Should I write judge a letter? Empty Re: Michigan Telephone Hearing - Employer perjured himself. Should I write judge a letter?

Post by elvis44102 Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

welcome to the forum

i am not a legal expert, but if you have such an advocate working for you

you should take the advice of someone who is familiar with these things
elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Michigan Telephone Hearing - Employer perjured himself. Should I write judge a letter? Empty Re: Michigan Telephone Hearing - Employer perjured himself. Should I write judge a letter?

Post by MarilynL Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:53 pm

I agree, with Elvis...I would wait. A judge won't even read it...if he could read everyone's "last word of defense", we wouldn't need lawyers or advocates. Hold on until the hearing, and if it's not on your side, I would almost bet that you would be able to appeal it...and then I would get that X employer for perjury at the same time...lol

MarilynL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum