Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
And another one bites the dust EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
And another one bites the dust EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
And another one bites the dust EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
And another one bites the dust EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
And another one bites the dust EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
And another one bites the dust EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
And another one bites the dust EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
And another one bites the dust EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
And another one bites the dust EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
And another one bites the dust EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
And another one bites the dust EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
And another one bites the dust EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
And another one bites the dust EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
And another one bites the dust EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
And another one bites the dust EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

And another one bites the dust

3 posters

Go down

And another one bites the dust Empty And another one bites the dust

Post by ET Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:31 pm

ET
ET

http://ellenturner.coolpage.biz/

Back to top Go down

And another one bites the dust Empty Re: And another one bites the dust

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:33 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:12 pm

"The employees have demonstrated exceptional loyalty and dedication over the years."

LOYALTY AND DEDICATION?? The way I look at it companies don't give a rat's buttocks about being loyal or dedicated to their employees and haven't in decades so...why should employees? To companies it's all about their bottom line and if employees don't fit into their profit plans they are let go. Even worse they close shop forever or move overseas where the labor force is plentiful and cheap. 42,000 plant closings 2000-2009 with an expected 90,000+ more through 2020. This country will never survive that kind of onslaught as we are seeing every day the dismantling of it's "bread and butter" (manufacturing, technology, and inventiveness).
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by ET Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:17 pm

You are correct chopthis91...and that is why I was let go..too independent, forthright, for the workers, etc, etc. I am sure that most of us, were let go, because we were not "perfect" robots.
ET
ET

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:46 pm

ET wrote:You are correct chopthis91...and that is why I was let go..too independent, forthright, for the workers, etc, etc. I am sure that most of us, were let go, because we were not "perfect" robots.

I know I was let go because I wouldn't conform to a tyrant boss that everyone avoided at all costs. He was a micro managing slave driver whose only goal was to belittle and humiliate people on a daily basis. I never went above his head because the district manager (his boss) was just as bad if not worse than my boss. It was a no win situation. I had to hire an attorney to get UI which the company denied me. I won that battle and also the COBRA ARRA Premium Reduction appeal. Since then there have been many changes made in the company and even my former boss is gone (forced early retirement is what I heard).
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by ET Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:58 pm

chopthis91...I see you are in Florida too. It is rampant here in the south. Workers are treated like garbage. Twiiter chat about to start. TTUS.
Ellen
ET
ET

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:58 pm

I didn't read how many are loosing their jobs?

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:17 am

ET wrote:chopthis91...I see you are in Florida too. It is rampant here in the south. Workers are treated like garbage. Twiiter chat about to start. TTUS.
Ellen

Truthfully workers are treated like garbage everywhere. Workers are expendable just like an old car or an old typewriter. Companies will use people up til they have nothing left to give and that's when companies dump them for the sake of "restructuring" or "downsizing". Funny thing (not literally funny) is they do it to workers who are older and will struggle to find work. If they do find work it usually means a pay cut with no benefits or benefits they can't afford. Companies will eventually pay the price for the way they treat their employees. I just hope I live long enough to see it happen.
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by ET Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:15 pm

TR11005: the plant is closing Dec. '11. Production ends Aug. '11. 46 employees.

Last edited by ET on Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
ET
ET

Back to top Go down

Post by ET Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:20 pm

chopthis91:Companies will eventually pay the price for the way they treat their employees. I just hope I live long enough to see it happen.

Not in our lifetime. More jobs are going overseas or eliminated completely. You see, how the few unions in this country, are trying to hold onto some sort of grievance procedures for workers.

What is sad..is that we desperately need jobs...and might be hired as "scabs" when these union workers refuse to work. Most likely, the schools, etc. will shut down during this period of time. Now, this will be interesting to watch.

Gov. Scott's budget comes out next Tuesday, eliminating 8000 jobs and cutting perks for teachers. Big demo in Orlando: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=195020153856600
ET
ET

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:08 pm

ET wrote:chopthis91:Companies will eventually pay the price for the way they treat their employees. I just hope I live long enough to see it happen.

Not in our lifetime. More jobs are going overseas or eliminated completely. You see, how the few unions in this country, are trying to hold onto some sort of grievance procedures for workers.

What is sad..is that we desperately need jobs...and might be hired as "scabs" when these union workers refuse to work. Most likely, the schools, etc. will shut down during this period of time. Now, this will be interesting to watch.

Gov. Scott's budget comes out next Tuesday, eliminating 8000 jobs and cutting perks for teachers. Big demo in Orlando: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=195020153856600

My wife and I were shocked when Scott was elected as governor we both looked at each other and agreed..."we gotta get out of here...this state is bad now but about to get much worse." We are however still here trying to hang on but I feel dumber everyday not leaving. My sister has offered for us to pack up and move in with her and her husband in SC but losing our independence would be very hard. However, as my unemployment benefits are gradually going away we also realize that we cannot make it on just my wife's salary. S FL isn't cheap as you well know. The cost of living in SC is MUCH cheaper all around and the unemplyment rate is around 9% compared to 12% in FL.
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by ET Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:21 pm

chopthis91 sounds like a plan. Good advice to leave. See if you CAN afford to move. If you are renting...go. If you own...try to rent out house and/or abandon/foreclose it. Yeah...you are in a tough situation. Not old enuf to collect SS.
e
ET
ET

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down