Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 18 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 18 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 18 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 18 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 18 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 18 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 18 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 18 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 18 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 18 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 18 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 18 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 18 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 18 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories!

+45
wornout
elvis44102
las44
broketrucker
TR11005
KeeptheFaith
exhaustedandtired/1208
zphtar
arbeitslos
IAMFedUp
TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA
Tomoko
mscpateach
anyoldname
lendmeflight2
462Tech
couth11
casheyes
c62ta68
New_Wave_Princess
hello
admin911
wartrace
LilMsMisses
suri
Jobless_in_Ma
troycomic
MissRi
irishmalou
503Depressed
Sunrise
laine25
JoanB
lizalphonso
nfpexec
Kulkulkan
unemployedandroid
chopthis91
Tiers for Fears
cousinsal
08pacollegegrad
MoInSTL
gettheminNOVEMBER
americatheneedy
Hunterforjobs
49 posters

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 18 Empty This week Job Hunting

Post by Hunterforjobs Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

Seemed to be a popular thread in the last UFF so I think we should continue it here.

Applied for three jobs this week including old company see vent, and have not heard from anyone of them.

Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 18 Empty Re: UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories!

Post by wornout Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:37 pm

Yesterday I went to a job fair for Aldi's. The location that they were having the fair was an hour away but I figured it was worth the trip. I spent $20 in gas to get there and when I got there they were hiring for one cashier and just wanted to keep the other applications on file. I felt like crying. $20 is like $200 to me right now.

wornout

Back to top Go down

UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 18 Empty Re: UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories!

Post by Hunterforjobs Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:15 pm

Well its been a few weeks and though I sent in resumes, I still hadn't received any responses.

When will these walls come crumbling down?

Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by IAMFedUp Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:31 am

It's been a while. I posted here a few months ago, but I come back with good news! I finally landed a job! I didn't get it from applying online though, I started out as a volunteer and basically networked to get it. After a few months of volunteer work they offered me a position as a temp. at first, which I did for a little over a month, and finally got hired as a permanent full time employee. I just wanted to share my experience with you guys and let you know that solely relying on online applications didn't work for me and once I tried a different tactic (going out and meeting people through volunteering) I was in the right place at the right time when a position opened up and the people I volunteered for recommended me and that's how I got it. I'm really happy and grateful, and I hope this helps you guys, because I was in the same position as you and I hope things pick up for all of you as well.

IAMFedUp

Back to top Go down

Post by Kulkulkan Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:26 pm

I find it truly annoying when an employer only allows applications by FAX. Sure, I'll go out and buy an expensive and outmoded technology just to apply to a job which doesn't even describe itself adequately! I can find fax emulators online, but seem like spam, really. I love too how the ad says, "no need to apply in person", when I wouldn't mind that at all!
Kulkulkan
Kulkulkan

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:32 pm

Kulkulkan Today at 12:26 pm
find it truly annoying when an employer only allows applications by FAX

staples has a fax service 1$ per page as well as giant eagle (grocery store).....
had an interview at the head quarters of one of the top 10 law firms in the world the other day...he told me the project has been put off till end of febuary....
elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:42 pm

IAMFedUp wrote:It's been a while. I posted here a few months ago, but I come back with good news! I finally landed a job! I didn't get it from applying online though, I started out as a volunteer and basically networked to get it. After a few months of volunteer work they offered me a position as a temp. at first, which I did for a little over a month, and finally got hired as a permanent full time employee. I just wanted to share my experience with you guys and let you know that solely relying on online applications didn't work for me and once I tried a different tactic (going out and meeting people through volunteering) I was in the right place at the right time when a position opened up and the people I volunteered for recommended me and that's how I got it. I'm really happy and grateful, and I hope this helps you guys, because I was in the same position as you and I hope things pick up for all of you as well.

FABULOUS NEWS! Keep us posted, IAM!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by arbeitslos Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:35 pm

IAMFedUp wrote:It's been a while. I posted here a few months ago, but I come back with good news! I finally landed a job! I didn't get it from applying online though, I started out as a volunteer and basically networked to get it. After a few months of volunteer work they offered me a position as a temp. at first, which I did for a little over a month, and finally got hired as a permanent full time employee. I just wanted to share my experience with you guys and let you know that solely relying on online applications didn't work for me and once I tried a different tactic (going out and meeting people through volunteering) I was in the right place at the right time when a position opened up and the people I volunteered for recommended me and that's how I got it. I'm really happy and grateful, and I hope this helps you guys, because I was in the same position as you and I hope things pick up for all of you as well.

That's great news; I'm so happy for you!

I've got some good news, too. Since October, I have been working at small non-profit. It's only three days a week and the pay isn't all that great, but I'm working and that's what counts. The best part is that I'm a graphic designer! I'm finally doing what I'm supposed to be doing. I'm doing a redesign of the company website and also just did a new site for one of their associates. I also create graphics and design flyers. I am having so much fun. In fact, I'm enjoying myself so much that I forgot to fill out my time sheet today! Oh well, I'll have to go back Friday and do it.

Something else exciting might be coming out of this. I showed the associate's website that I made to some friends and two of them want me to design websites for them! I'm thinking this could turning into a nice little business for me.

You know, the day I got this job I had hit my lowest point, total rock-bottom. I was screaming, crying, railing at God, Buddha, The Force, Capt. Kirk and just about everyone on the planet. Then, then phone ring and it was one of my employment agencies asking if I was still looking for work. I think I must've blown the poor girl's ear drums out I squeed so loud. It was like a miracle; I just couldn't believe it. I got this great job, I love it and I know they are happy with my work. I'm feeling so good about myself these days. I'm still paranoid about the bubble bursting, but I try not to think about it and live for the moment.

For those of you looking, hang in there. I thought for sure that I'd never, ever find another job and when I least expected it, I got one. So, keep positive, I know it's hard. In the words of the late Tug McGraw, You Gotta Believe!
arbeitslos
arbeitslos

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:40 pm

Thats good news for you guys. Maybe my luck will change. Still nothing so far.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:24 am

had a face to face with the hr lady....after a 40 mile drive....only to be told that the IT dept would then be additionally interviewing the people SHE selects.....kind of backwards and not hardly worth the 10$ gas expenditure anymore...(or so it seems) at least it was some interviewing practice/experience....
elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:02 am

arbeitslos wrote:

That's great news; I'm so happy for you!

I've got some good news, too. Since October, I have been working at small non-profit. It's only three days a week and the pay isn't all that great, but I'm working and that's what counts. The best part is that I'm a graphic designer! I'm finally doing what I'm supposed to be doing. I'm doing a redesign of the company website and also just did a new site for one of their associates. I also create graphics and design flyers. I am having so much fun. In fact, I'm enjoying myself so much that I forgot to fill out my time sheet today! Oh well, I'll have to go back Friday and do it.

Something else exciting might be coming out of this. I showed the associate's website that I made to some friends and two of them want me to design websites for them! I'm thinking this could turning into a nice little business for me.

You know, the day I got this job I had hit my lowest point, total rock-bottom. I was screaming, crying, railing at God, Buddha, The Force, Capt. Kirk and just about everyone on the planet. Then, then phone ring and it was one of my employment agencies asking if I was still looking for work. I think I must've blown the poor girl's ear drums out I squeed so loud. It was like a miracle; I just couldn't believe it. I got this great job, I love it and I know they are happy with my work. I'm feeling so good about myself these days. I'm still paranoid about the bubble bursting, but I try not to think about it and live for the moment.

For those of you looking, hang in there. I thought for sure that I'd never, ever find another job and when I least expected it, I got one. So, keep positive, I know it's hard. In the words of the late Tug McGraw, You Gotta Believe!

ARB, great news and equally great encouragement! I hope everyone is sticking to a 8 - 5 (or more) "work search day" looking for employment.

Thanks ARB!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:42 pm

Try waking up around 9 and after breakfast say around 10 am to around 12 am or until my eyelids get heavy, either searching, sending resumes, re doing resume, and continue searching.

Anyway nothing again this week.

Thinking of going back to school online. Need something to keep me from going bald from pulling hair out. Its a thought.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:28 pm

take classes through your local community college...
you are elligable for grants and loans
grant money gives you about $1,000 back after tuition
loan money about an additional 2,000.....

do not go to a for profit school they will absorb all the monies you are elligable for...
elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:26 am

My job search was put on hold this past week due to my father's death and funeral planning and probably this week as well helping my mother sort things out.

Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:35 am

Hunter, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. Take care of yourself and your mom.

Jeff

Back to top Go down

Post by DD Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:30 pm

My condolences to you as well....one the one hand, helping mom would be a good diversion, even though the circumstances suck. On the other hand, it prolongs everything else....glad that you can be there for mom. Hugs to you!

DD

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:38 pm

Well I applied to the USPS because they said they were hiring and failed--according to them--the assessment test. God, I hate those. I never know how to pass those things. So annoying.

I did however enroll in school and begin in March.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:49 pm

Keep the faith, Hunter. That "want to come work here" is coming!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:03 pm

X wrote:Keep the faith, Hunter. That "want to come work here" is coming!

I'm sorry what does that mean.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:40 pm

When you get that life changing call from a company you interviewed and what they would hypothetically say.

i.e. a job is coming soon. Things are picking up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:43 pm

That would be a dream.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:55 pm

Well I did land an interview for this coming Friday and so far enjoying the online college enviroment.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:06 pm

Hunter, I hope you were able to take advantage of the gov $$$ that reimburses you for quite a few training venues.

For example, Workforce Investment Act (WIA) funds, which will pay up to $5,500 for approved training.

Example... if one lives in Rhode Island, here is the RI employment site's list of WIA approved courses... http://www.dlt.ri.gov/wio/programs.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:48 pm

Didn't get it from the State. I received the full Pell grant award of 5,550 towards my education.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:45 am

Ok the interview went well. Though she told me at the end--why they wait til the end--they are early in the interviewing process and I probably wont hear from them for about three weeks. I take it, its a polite way of saying you didn't get the job. But I didn't leave feeling with the blah feeling.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by wausauguy Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:45 am

. good to hear that it went well.

Good Luck to you ! Keep posting...

wausauguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next