Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Out of Touch Richer People EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Out of Touch Richer People EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Out of Touch Richer People EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Out of Touch Richer People EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Out of Touch Richer People EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Out of Touch Richer People EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Out of Touch Richer People EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Out of Touch Richer People EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Out of Touch Richer People EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Out of Touch Richer People EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Out of Touch Richer People EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Out of Touch Richer People EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Out of Touch Richer People EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Out of Touch Richer People EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Out of Touch Richer People EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Out of Touch Richer People

3 posters

Go down

Out of Touch Richer People Empty Out of Touch Richer People

Post by Springflowers Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:08 am

Caveat, not all rich people are out of touch, this is to deal with ones who are.

You ever wonder why some people never lack for a job? Are they in a society or something? Do their friends look out for them. How do some people end up so unattached from society? I have notice the affluents around here and even in my old town, you tell them the economy is crashing, they deny it. Do these people not know anyone else who is poor? Is their world one of cocktail parties and 4th of July parties with real food and salads? Do they go to the grocery store and not suffer at the high prices anymore? With some of them they would never know the economy is crashing and burning, they all seem to sniff their noses and act like what is wrong with you, when you say something here is going on..... pale

Springflowers

Back to top Go down

Out of Touch Richer People Empty Re: Out of Touch Richer People

Post by JadeBlue Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:14 am

You're probably right about this. The biggest peeve I have about unemployment is that the people who snub their noses at the unemployed only get their jobs because they know someone. They balk about how hard they worked to get that position- it's all BS. They schmoozed their way into that job and can easily find someone else to get them in elsewhere if they become unemployed. Good for them. For us poor folk, who mainly only know other poor, unemployed people, we have no hope.

This is literally what an ivy league education teaches you. They spend the majority of their time in college in study groups and networking parties. This is the truth, I have several friends who went to Harvard and Yale. They did an internship at Fortune 500 companies, and oh, look at that, they're now working at those companies! Imagine that!

I propose a new ivy league program- live on minimum wage for 1 year (successfully) and then get offered a great job. Companies will be all the better for it.

JadeBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Springflowers Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:47 am

JadeBlue wrote:You're probably right about this. The biggest peeve I have about unemployment is that the people who snub their noses at the unemployed only get their jobs because they know someone. They balk about how hard they worked to get that position- it's all BS. They schmoozed their way into that job and can easily find someone else to get them in elsewhere if they become unemployed. Good for them. For us poor folk, who mainly only know other poor, unemployed people, we have no hope.

That is how the system really works, they get up because of WHO they know. That is how most jobs are filled too. Some of us had ignorant parents who did well, and refused nepotism helping us along the path way to failure.
The Ivy League stuff is just icing on the cake, and well they were rich enough not to have to pay rent during internships, so they could work for free. See how that works?

Springflowers

Back to top Go down

Post by pbrad009 Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:19 pm

I don't see the point in making ivy league students live a year on minimum wage. If they came from a rich family and have connections then why should they not have it easier than others?
A good college education is no cakewalk. Sounds like you had sour grapes for breakfast.

pbrad009

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down