Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Unemployed To Lose Benefits In Several States  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Unemployed To Lose Benefits In Several States  EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Unemployed To Lose Benefits In Several States  EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Unemployed To Lose Benefits In Several States  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Unemployed To Lose Benefits In Several States  EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Unemployed To Lose Benefits In Several States  EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Unemployed To Lose Benefits In Several States  EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Unemployed To Lose Benefits In Several States  EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Unemployed To Lose Benefits In Several States  EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Unemployed To Lose Benefits In Several States  EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Unemployed To Lose Benefits In Several States  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Unemployed To Lose Benefits In Several States  EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Unemployed To Lose Benefits In Several States  EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Unemployed To Lose Benefits In Several States  EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Unemployed To Lose Benefits In Several States  EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Unemployed To Lose Benefits In Several States

5 posters

Go down

Unemployed To Lose Benefits In Several States  Empty Unemployed To Lose Benefits In Several States

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:45 pm

The federal Extended Benefits program, which in states with high-unemployment rates grants claimants out of work for a long period of time a final 13 to 20 weeks of benefits, will be phased out on April 7 in Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Missouri, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee and Wisconsin, according to an analysis by the National Employment Law Project, a worker advocacy group.

State labor departments were notified of the changes by the U.S. Labor Department in a complex March 5 memo. States, in turn, are trying to explain what's going on to those who will no longer receive checks through the Extended Benefits program.

HuffPost readers: Losing your unemployment benefits? Tell HuffPost all about it. Email arthur@huffingtonpost.com. Please include your phone number if you're willing to be interviewed.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/19/unemployment-benefits-_n_1364459.html#access_token=AAAAACuIpepUBAA5uqwMZB2u7KsPw9gtPz1vwWnjGvuvEt5pZCrfjV5UTYIZAl3VQriHGyKvXNMzTPSLhVECiK8VfUnhZAavLiqX2L9tBi0nl24SDIz63&expires_in=4824

Back to top Go down

Unemployed To Lose Benefits In Several States  Empty Re: Unemployed To Lose Benefits In Several States

Post by Marian Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:55 pm

So scary!

I hate this bill! Why couldn't they just renew the full 99 weeks?
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Unemployed To Lose Benefits In Several States  Empty Re: Unemployed To Lose Benefits In Several States

Post by Hunterforjobs Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:32 am

It was a tradeoff. In order to extend the benefits, 99 weeks had to be cut down to around 73 from what I understand.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:29 am

Its really terrible, there are so many long term unemployed that still need those 99 weeks. Talk about denial, this government is knee deep in it!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:12 pm

It is horrible and should never have happened! It not have hurt them to extend UI benefits for the full 99 weeks until there really is a so called "Recovery!"
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:38 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
The federal Extended Benefits program, which in states with high-unemployment rates grants claimants out of work for a long period of time a final 13 to 20 weeks of benefits, will be phased out on April 7 in Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Missouri, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee and Wisconsin, according to an analysis by the National Employment Law Project, a worker advocacy group.

State labor departments were notified of the changes by the U.S. Labor Department in a complex March 5 memo. States, in turn, are trying to explain what's going on to those who will no longer receive checks through the Extended Benefits program.

HuffPost readers: Losing your unemployment benefits? Tell HuffPost all about it. Email arthur@huffingtonpost.com. Please include your phone number if you're willing to be interviewed.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/19/unemployment-benefits-_n_1364459.html#access_token=AAAAACuIpepUBAA5uqwMZB2u7KsPw9gtPz1vwWnjGvuvEt5pZCrfjV5UTYIZAl3VQriHGyKvXNMzTPSLhVECiK8VfUnhZAavLiqX2L9tBi0nl24SDIz63&expires_in=4824
Bumping - this is now in effect!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:26 pm

This is a joke. I live in Ma and have a job for almost a year now. I've sent out tons of resumes thinking that it's easier to get a job with a job. Needless to say I'm still at same "job".
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by RookieCAF Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:16 pm

Tell me about it, I am so underemployed it is a joke. No one is hiring for any "real" Jobs, save one every here or there Sad
RookieCAF
RookieCAF

Back to top Go down

Post by emvie Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:47 pm

I've been "temp" for just over a year - there are several other temps working at the same place...some much longer than I've been there. I've tried to find another job that's permanent, but to no avail.

My co-workers who have been there forever KNOW what's going on - we all talk about it occasionally - but are in denial about how things really are with the economy. They're afraid it could be them who's laid off next. They know finding a job at their age - some in their fifties - is tough in today's market.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful for the job I have, but I'm working very hard at a fraction of what I used to make AND still "temp."

emvie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down