Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Payroll Tax Cut and UI Benefits Back Up For Discussion! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Payroll Tax Cut and UI Benefits Back Up For Discussion! EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Payroll Tax Cut and UI Benefits Back Up For Discussion! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Payroll Tax Cut and UI Benefits Back Up For Discussion! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Payroll Tax Cut and UI Benefits Back Up For Discussion! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Payroll Tax Cut and UI Benefits Back Up For Discussion! EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Payroll Tax Cut and UI Benefits Back Up For Discussion! EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Payroll Tax Cut and UI Benefits Back Up For Discussion! EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Payroll Tax Cut and UI Benefits Back Up For Discussion! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Payroll Tax Cut and UI Benefits Back Up For Discussion! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Payroll Tax Cut and UI Benefits Back Up For Discussion! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Payroll Tax Cut and UI Benefits Back Up For Discussion! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Payroll Tax Cut and UI Benefits Back Up For Discussion! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Payroll Tax Cut and UI Benefits Back Up For Discussion! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Payroll Tax Cut and UI Benefits Back Up For Discussion! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Payroll Tax Cut and UI Benefits Back Up For Discussion!

2 posters

Go down

Payroll Tax Cut and UI Benefits Back Up For Discussion! Empty Payroll Tax Cut and UI Benefits Back Up For Discussion!

Post by Marian Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:46 pm

http://centralny.ynn.com/content/all_news/571450/payroll-tax-cut-and-unemployment-insurance-benefits-back-up-for-discussion/

"While they all say they want to turn a new leaf in the new year, it remains to be seen whether they will be able to put the differences from the past year behind them.

The committee meets again next Wednesday."
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Payroll Tax Cut and UI Benefits Back Up For Discussion! Empty Re: Payroll Tax Cut and UI Benefits Back Up For Discussion!

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:59 pm

Im wondering what the election year will bring for the long term unemployed...whether its a good thing or a bad thing remains yet to be seen.

Back to top Go down

Payroll Tax Cut and UI Benefits Back Up For Discussion! Empty Re: Payroll Tax Cut and UI Benefits Back Up For Discussion!

Post by Marian Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:06 pm

It does remain to be seen, but I would think that it looks bad when the unemployment rate is still so high not to do something more promising...
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:39 pm

It would be the logical thing to do. Hopefully we will see a shift in congress. People have been hurting for far too long Crying or Very sad

Im optimistic....

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:56 pm

From what I've read the House's bill that slashed UI benefits, etc. is VERY unpopular and that a lot of people are now thinking that the Republicans don't compromise or work toward goals. They've shot themselves in the foot, and yet, want to beat Obama so they better start working for the people and not just the 1%...
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:43 pm

I couldn't agree more...once again UI in exchange for Bush Tax CUts....This time if they give in...IT HAD BETTER INCLUDE THE 99'ers. This is prob. our last chance to get help. Maybe we should start calling Rep.Lee again to get her to start in on HR589 as part of the deal or NO DEAL AT ALL.

As MaryKay would say...start calling, faxing, tweeting, and emailing everybody you can...get the word out. Exhaustees & 99ers have stuggled long eough without further help. The time is NOW!!!
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:39 pm

I posted a couple of petitions yesterday which we should all also sign... Wink
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:50 pm

superstevies wrote:I couldn't agree more...once again UI in exchange for Bush Tax CUts....This time if they give in...IT HAD BETTER INCLUDE THE 99'ers. This is prob. our last chance to get help. Maybe we should start calling Rep.Lee again to get her to start in on HR589 as part of the deal or NO DEAL AT ALL.

As MaryKay would say...start calling, faxing, tweeting, and emailing everybody you can...get the word out. Exhaustees & 99ers have stuggled long eough without further help. The time is NOW!!!

And, MaryKay is saying it again, I am back and I will be working the phones and the emails tomorrow. I will try twitter again, but was having problems prior to the computer deciding it had lived a long enough life and died on us, so I am a little leary of twitter, but will give it a shot.

Hoping you are all well. The unemployment report for Decemer is due out and it sounds like it's a bit shakey, particularly since it will show what we all knew, seasonal unemployment, was the high employer for the last quarter.

Let the fight begin again, and the games will follow. . . I am sure. Payroll Tax Cut and UI Benefits Back Up For Discussion! 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:12 pm

Started tweeting and sent about 60 emails yesterday. Once again the conversation is all things newtie vs mitt. Not for me. If we let them continue to control the conversation, we wind up 100th on the list.

Please all, get loud, limber up the fingers and start fighting. Payroll Tax Cut and UI Benefits Back Up For Discussion! 34243

Thanks to Marian for all these great posts and articles and to all who are working on this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:31 pm

Thanks MaryKay!

I hope that everyone here will fill out the petitions... every voice counts right now!
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:32 pm

Thanks MK & Marian...I been working all angles, Signed every petition, tweeted, emailed, called and faxed.

It makes me crazy though...I call both Feinstein & Boxer here in CA and all I can ever get is that they support unemployment...I say in return yes, I know but what about Long-term unemployed NO LONGER GETTING an help and they don't have much to say other than they support unemployment. AAAArrrrrggggghhhh! I just wish they would say they would fight for the 99ers & Exhaustees for once.

Oh well, I just keep on keep'n on. Harry Reids office was rude & just had the same old things to say, we will pass along your info.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:54 pm

Hi ss. Thanks for all your kind thoughts and prayers. I am working all angles as well. I have been emailing and calling today. Did a little tweeting and will advise anything and everything that I hear. Can't give up, I just won't let them win. Payroll Tax Cut and UI Benefits Back Up For Discussion! 34243

Stay well and thanks for all you do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum