Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Crew of 42: Dems Hold Packed Unemployment Event EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Crew of 42: Dems Hold Packed Unemployment Event EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Crew of 42: Dems Hold Packed Unemployment Event EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Crew of 42: Dems Hold Packed Unemployment Event EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Crew of 42: Dems Hold Packed Unemployment Event EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Crew of 42: Dems Hold Packed Unemployment Event EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Crew of 42: Dems Hold Packed Unemployment Event EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Crew of 42: Dems Hold Packed Unemployment Event EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Crew of 42: Dems Hold Packed Unemployment Event EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Crew of 42: Dems Hold Packed Unemployment Event EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Crew of 42: Dems Hold Packed Unemployment Event EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Crew of 42: Dems Hold Packed Unemployment Event EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Crew of 42: Dems Hold Packed Unemployment Event EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Crew of 42: Dems Hold Packed Unemployment Event EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Crew of 42: Dems Hold Packed Unemployment Event EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Crew of 42: Dems Hold Packed Unemployment Event

2 posters

Go down

Crew of 42: Dems Hold Packed Unemployment Event Empty Crew of 42: Dems Hold Packed Unemployment Event

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:52 pm

VERY CROWDED EVENT. House Democrats held a large rally (not a press conference…) for unemployment insurance in the U.S. by Rep. Lloyd Doggett, Sandy Levin, Charlie Rangel, Jim McDermott and John Lewis who are all members of House Ways and Means. Other members talking loudly for unemployment benefits were Bobby Scott, Barbara Lee, Rosa DeLauro and Jim McDermott. At the event were union members from Washington DC and those struggling to find employment across the country. I was there focused on the 99ers and so was Rep. Barbara Lee. Lee has a bill that would extend their benefits and she mentioned their problem today. The Senate GOP has been quiet. Unemployed people who spoke and attended the event spent the day lobbying members of Congress and their staff on the issue in person.

http://www.crewof42.com/cbc/dems-hold-packed-unemployment-event/

Back to top Go down

Crew of 42: Dems Hold Packed Unemployment Event Empty Re: Crew of 42: Dems Hold Packed Unemployment Event

Post by Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:21 am

S&T... seriously no disrespect intended to your post.

But in my opinion Barbara and her government crew can just wash away to sea and it won't be noticed. At this point who's fooling who? They're certainly not fooling us.

Am I wrong?

Back to top Go down

Crew of 42: Dems Hold Packed Unemployment Event Empty Re: Crew of 42: Dems Hold Packed Unemployment Event

Post by Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:43 pm

Well, aren't we a negative Nellie today. razbery

JK, X...seriously though, its news that should be welcome. I think its a little comforting to see that some in congress are still fighting for us. Its not great news and hasnt changed anything but its better than nothing, dont you think?

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:39 pm

X wrote:S&T... seriously no disrespect intended to your post.

But in my opinion Barbara and her government crew can just wash away to sea and it won't be noticed. At this point who's fooling who? They're certainly not fooling us.

Am I wrong?

You aren't wrong in principle. They are in the house and the majority rules. In the senate if one senator doesn't want a law to pass he can stop it. Sound like America?

I think we should try and support the minority who stand up for us though. I do agree that it will be difficult to get this passed in either house.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:20 pm

Oh no doubt it will be difficult....an uphill battle, as usual.

Back to top Go down

Post by ranbrow123 Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:18 pm

I said it in another thread but I'll say it again: no point in giving up, it's not like continuing to fight for it can do any damage, right? Just keep fighting, be realistic in your expectations (which admittedly would mean expecting it not to pass), and in the small chance it does happen to pass, consider it a pleasant surprise.

ranbrow123

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:22 pm

that is the way I see it too ranbrow. it certainly cant hurt to keep at it. what have we got to lose? (besides maybe sanity lol)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:48 am

Hi all, I am back about 1/2 hour. Couldn't wait until tomorrow to tell you. I was working the phones while up at Fox chase today, spoke with aides and staff at Reps. Lee,Clyburn and Dogget's office. The Hill was crawling with people lobbying for the UE Extension and the 99ers. According to all three offices, they were making progress, the republicans were not against it, just working out ways to pay for it. Nothing definite, but good news for now. Just had to share this with all. Hopefully, by next week, we will have some news. Crew of 42: Dems Hold Packed Unemployment Event 34243

And, thanks for all your prayers for Dad. This scan showed that the chemo is working and there are no active cells. Still have to complete the chemo cycles, but it's working. Christmas came a little early for us.
Now, we get the UE extension and HR589 and HO!HO!HO!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum