Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Rand Paul: Extending Unemployment Benefits Would Be Borrowing From China ‘To Pay People Not To Work’ EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Rand Paul: Extending Unemployment Benefits Would Be Borrowing From China ‘To Pay People Not To Work’ EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Rand Paul: Extending Unemployment Benefits Would Be Borrowing From China ‘To Pay People Not To Work’ EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Rand Paul: Extending Unemployment Benefits Would Be Borrowing From China ‘To Pay People Not To Work’ EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Rand Paul: Extending Unemployment Benefits Would Be Borrowing From China ‘To Pay People Not To Work’ EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Rand Paul: Extending Unemployment Benefits Would Be Borrowing From China ‘To Pay People Not To Work’ EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Rand Paul: Extending Unemployment Benefits Would Be Borrowing From China ‘To Pay People Not To Work’ EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Rand Paul: Extending Unemployment Benefits Would Be Borrowing From China ‘To Pay People Not To Work’ EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Rand Paul: Extending Unemployment Benefits Would Be Borrowing From China ‘To Pay People Not To Work’ EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Rand Paul: Extending Unemployment Benefits Would Be Borrowing From China ‘To Pay People Not To Work’ EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Rand Paul: Extending Unemployment Benefits Would Be Borrowing From China ‘To Pay People Not To Work’ EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Rand Paul: Extending Unemployment Benefits Would Be Borrowing From China ‘To Pay People Not To Work’ EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Rand Paul: Extending Unemployment Benefits Would Be Borrowing From China ‘To Pay People Not To Work’ EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Rand Paul: Extending Unemployment Benefits Would Be Borrowing From China ‘To Pay People Not To Work’ EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Rand Paul: Extending Unemployment Benefits Would Be Borrowing From China ‘To Pay People Not To Work’ EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Rand Paul: Extending Unemployment Benefits Would Be Borrowing From China ‘To Pay People Not To Work’

3 posters

Go down

Rand Paul: Extending Unemployment Benefits Would Be Borrowing From China ‘To Pay People Not To Work’ Empty Rand Paul: Extending Unemployment Benefits Would Be Borrowing From China ‘To Pay People Not To Work’

Post by Guest Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:57 pm

Unless unemployment benefits are extended in the next few months, six million Americans will lose their benefits in 2012, including one million in January alone. This will suck $57 billion out of the economy in the first quarter of next year.

Republicans have turned several extensions of unemployment benefits into political theater, refusing to extend them without offsetting cuts elsewhere in the budget. On CNN’s State of the Union yesterday, Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) started this song-and-dance again, telling Candy Crowley that he would not support any plan that extended unemployment benefits without a way to pay for it, because to do otherwise is “to borrow money from China to pay people not to work”:

“If you want to extend unemployment benefits, they have to be paid for,” Paul said. “We have an unemployment program. We have a tax for it. It’s paid for for 26 weeks. So the question is, do we want to borrow money from China to pay people not to work?”

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2011/11/21/372924/rand-paul-jobless-benefits-china-not-wor/

Back to top Go down

Rand Paul: Extending Unemployment Benefits Would Be Borrowing From China ‘To Pay People Not To Work’ Empty Re: Rand Paul: Extending Unemployment Benefits Would Be Borrowing From China ‘To Pay People Not To Work’

Post by Guest Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:17 pm

I tweeted this very thing this afternoon. Asked if he was human?

Can't post what my heart and my head are saying.

Back to top Go down

Rand Paul: Extending Unemployment Benefits Would Be Borrowing From China ‘To Pay People Not To Work’ Empty Re: Rand Paul: Extending Unemployment Benefits Would Be Borrowing From China ‘To Pay People Not To Work’

Post by TR11005 Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:21 pm

Don't ever ask for a war again. They are never paid for. How does he expect unemployed to survive?

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:54 am

I am going to tweet my message many times today. I agree TR, play with all our money and our lives and then have 2 unfunded wars. That money comes from somewhere and it sure isn't from their personal pockets.

I think Rand Paul's comments show a complete lack of humanity and christianity. He got what he wanted, he played to the base of fellow non-feeling, non-christian, inhuman types. My idea for them: Find your own country, go live with your intolerant selves, armed to the teeth, preaching you version of morality and christian living and leave the real people alone. You can vote for who you are told to vote for and live how they tell you to live and be happy. The rest of us are looking for something just a little different.

Rand Paul: Extending Unemployment Benefits Would Be Borrowing From China ‘To Pay People Not To Work’ 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:42 pm

The French Revolution comes to mind. Its like saying Let them eat cake even though Marie Antoinette didn't really say that.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:34 pm

Pretty much like Nancy Reagan on School Lunches "ketchup is a Vegetable."

Which is what they are saying for school lunches now, Same discussion, just different people. Makes me sick. Dazed
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum