Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Occupy Wall Street: A Bottom Up Revolution in Need of Leadership to Define Its Mission  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Occupy Wall Street: A Bottom Up Revolution in Need of Leadership to Define Its Mission  EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Occupy Wall Street: A Bottom Up Revolution in Need of Leadership to Define Its Mission  EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Occupy Wall Street: A Bottom Up Revolution in Need of Leadership to Define Its Mission  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Occupy Wall Street: A Bottom Up Revolution in Need of Leadership to Define Its Mission  EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Occupy Wall Street: A Bottom Up Revolution in Need of Leadership to Define Its Mission  EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Occupy Wall Street: A Bottom Up Revolution in Need of Leadership to Define Its Mission  EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Occupy Wall Street: A Bottom Up Revolution in Need of Leadership to Define Its Mission  EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Occupy Wall Street: A Bottom Up Revolution in Need of Leadership to Define Its Mission  EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Occupy Wall Street: A Bottom Up Revolution in Need of Leadership to Define Its Mission  EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Occupy Wall Street: A Bottom Up Revolution in Need of Leadership to Define Its Mission  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Occupy Wall Street: A Bottom Up Revolution in Need of Leadership to Define Its Mission  EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Occupy Wall Street: A Bottom Up Revolution in Need of Leadership to Define Its Mission  EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Occupy Wall Street: A Bottom Up Revolution in Need of Leadership to Define Its Mission  EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Occupy Wall Street: A Bottom Up Revolution in Need of Leadership to Define Its Mission  EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Occupy Wall Street: A Bottom Up Revolution in Need of Leadership to Define Its Mission

4 posters

Go down

Occupy Wall Street: A Bottom Up Revolution in Need of Leadership to Define Its Mission  Empty Occupy Wall Street: A Bottom Up Revolution in Need of Leadership to Define Its Mission

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:36 pm

With all of this positive energy and support for them, Occupy Wall Street must mature into a thinking, functioning body, with organized leadership and a clear vision of what it is they want to accomplish and change. It is time to create that list of demands, giving the movement direction and a larger purpose. All kinds of organizations and unions have offered their names in support of the movement, but Occupy Wall Street must be careful not to be co-opted. Indeed, they are surely aware that some of the names suddenly supporting them are nothing more than extensions of a sellout Democratic party that has become a branch office for the special interests, located right next to the GOP's.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/pearl-korn/occupy-wall-street-a-bott_b_1015187.html
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Occupy Wall Street: A Bottom Up Revolution in Need of Leadership to Define Its Mission  Empty Re: Occupy Wall Street: A Bottom Up Revolution in Need of Leadership to Define Its Mission

Post by tristen303 Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:35 pm

Finally somebody says, it now we all need to follow through with how to handle it.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Occupy Wall Street: A Bottom Up Revolution in Need of Leadership to Define Its Mission  Empty Re: Occupy Wall Street: A Bottom Up Revolution in Need of Leadership to Define Its Mission

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:40 pm

tristen303 wrote:Finally somebody says, it now we all need to follow through with how to handle it.

I hate when people politicize it. But if these are all dems that makes me very happy. This should not be a left right thing but the Tea Party are steering it that way. Corruption transcends both sides.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:00 pm

The message was clear in occupy boston today, I even have video of it...will post as soon as I can figure out why my phone isnt connecting to my FB account. I have to post it there first then I can post it here. its of 2 of the occupiers telling a crowd what occupy movement means to them. I couldnt wait to show it and now its giving me a hard time, figures.

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:09 pm

If you can't show, please explain what it was said.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:21 pm

The entire point of this occupation is NOT to have anyone in charge or define one point as their mission. The people are in charge, not one party who only represents a fraction of the people or corporate money. The message is clear, we want decent wages, lower taxes, our social security, government that is for the people who elected them, not the corporate money, rid politics and government of big money, decent education for children and adults, affordable health care for all people and the banks to not be able to just use our money as they please. Most of all, when the people take to the streets to shout, they want someone to listen, not blow them off and quote a non-existent poll that reflects their core values.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:45 pm

The leaders are the people, the 99%

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:46 pm

Hardball was just interviewing two of the many protesters at occupywallstreet and getting their views on what it means to them and why they are there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:02 pm

I shot a great video today of 2 of them explaining and I cant upload the dam thing!!
Occupy Wall Street: A Bottom Up Revolution in Need of Leadership to Define Its Mission  806957

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:13 pm

MaryKay wrote:The entire point of this occupation is NOT to have anyone in charge or define one point as their mission. The people are in charge, not one party who only represents a fraction of the people or corporate money. The message is clear, we want decent wages, lower taxes, our social security, government that is for the people who elected them, not the corporate money, rid politics and government of big money, decent education for children and adults, affordable health care for all people and the banks to not be able to just use our money as they please. Most of all, when the people take to the streets to shout, they want someone to listen, not blow them off and quote a non-existent poll that reflects their core values.

Well said!

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum