Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Need some advice...benefits suspended !!??!! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Need some advice...benefits suspended !!??!! EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Need some advice...benefits suspended !!??!! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Need some advice...benefits suspended !!??!! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Need some advice...benefits suspended !!??!! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Need some advice...benefits suspended !!??!! EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Need some advice...benefits suspended !!??!! EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Need some advice...benefits suspended !!??!! EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Need some advice...benefits suspended !!??!! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Need some advice...benefits suspended !!??!! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Need some advice...benefits suspended !!??!! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Need some advice...benefits suspended !!??!! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Need some advice...benefits suspended !!??!! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Need some advice...benefits suspended !!??!! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Need some advice...benefits suspended !!??!! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Need some advice...benefits suspended !!??!!

+3
TR11005
ricky
munster05
7 posters

Go down

Need some advice...benefits suspended !!??!! Empty Need some advice...benefits suspended !!??!!

Post by munster05 Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:08 am

I have been unemployed since April, 2011 from a management position in which I was downsized after 21 yrs and have been collecting until a few weeks ago. During unemployment I was working a 20 hr per week with a temp agency working a 3 month temp position making less than my PBC(partial benefit credit) so I was able to work and collect full benefits. This is where the problem starts. I then got a call from a company that I interviewed with almost 2 months earlier, saying they had a position open. It was not a job I wanted as it was in retail management sales and my background is in upper management but in health and life insurance. Desperate for a job, I called the temp agency and said I was going to leave the assignment I was on and go to the orientation for this new position. During the first day of training, I found out things about the position that were never communicated to me...things that would point to this job being a career nightmare and mistake and not the right fit for me. Meanwhile, I knew that the temp agency I was working for had a full time opportunity 8 month assignment with a large life insurance company that had a good chance of turning into permanent employment with that company, so I called the temp agency immediately the next day, and was given this new full time assignment. I called the other company and let them know that after my first day of orientation, I was no longer interested. I never received any earnings from them. The new assignment with the temp agency did not start for another two weeks, so when I filed my unemloyment for those weeks I guess it threw up a red flag to PA UC that I did not have any earnings. I then got a letter stating that I needed to fill out information on why I left this temp agency which was really only for one day. They then sent me another letter stating my benefits would be suspended and I needed to file an appeal. I filed the appeal, but my benefits have been suspended and they are saying the two weeks they paid me while I was waiting off my temp assignment was an overpayment. The only reason I am concerned is because this full time assignment is not starting 40 hrs until next week so I have had 4 weeks at 30 hrs where I should have been receiving partial benefits on top of the 2 weeks they say I was over paid. They are saying they suspended my UC because I quit that part time 3 month assignment for 1 day. I dont understand, because I was making less than my PBC so they would have had to pay me full benefits anyway. I reacted immediately & got a better full time position with the same temp agency. So now I am biting the bullet, making 35% less than what I was collecting in unemployment and 66% less than what I was making in my management position that was the basis for my original UC claim. More or less I am being penalized for trying to better myself, getting a full time position making less that what I could have received in UC as I could have stretched out another 5 months of Tier 1 and then possibly another 13 weeks after that of extended benefits. I now have to attend a hearing with the referee. Now they expect me to take off work to explain why I left a job with a temp agency, the same agency I am currently working for full time. I cant take off work as I do not get any vacation pay & cant afford to lose 3 hrs of pay as the state cut off my benefits and I am in the hole right now with bills up my kazoo. I have still been filing my bi weekly claim, so how do I explain this one.....when I answer the online filing question "Did you refuse work, when work was available?" Ya....I refused work because you are making me attend this hearing which makes no sense !! Should I call them and see if they can do this on the phone ? Are my chances good to get my benefits reinstated ?? How should I approach this with them ??

munster05

Back to top Go down

Need some advice...benefits suspended !!??!! Empty Re: Need some advice...benefits suspended !!??!!

Post by ricky Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:04 am

I don't get it? You people have a computer you can research everything, yet you dont understand this?

Eligibilty is based on your last job even if its for 1 day. quit fired etc you are disqualified until a hearing. You quit your temp job....thats all they need to know....

Now why dont you throw this major disincentive to work into the faces of the tea party people when they claim people on UI are lazy?

I'm just trying to get you to think 1 step ahead instead of being 1 step behind and now having to deal with this problem.

-------
More or less I am being penalized for trying to better myself, getting a full time position making less that what I could have received in UC as I could have stretched out another 5 months of Tier 1 and then possibly another 13 weeks after that of extended benefits.

ricky
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Need some advice...benefits suspended !!??!! Empty Re: Need some advice...benefits suspended !!??!!

Post by TR11005 Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:45 am

monster05

I am from Ohio, even with the computer it is impossible to know all the current laws. That booklet only covers some! Go to PA.gov and look up the Unemployment laws, they differ from state to state. You should at least consult with an Unemployment Lawyer found in your state for answers. That don't cost much, only if he represents you. They know the law and could understand your case. Tell the facts and get an opinion. Sometimes their opinion is free or cost $50 for consultation. This would help your anxiety level, I know I have been there. I used a lawyer and won my case, over a hidden unknown unemployment law not well known to the public. Need some advice...benefits suspended !!??!! 241540

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:04 pm

ricky wrote:I don't get it? You people have a computer you can research everything, yet you dont understand this?

"You people"? Rather rude way to address someone. Aren't you one of "us"? Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by ricky Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:15 pm

Yes but i sit here making sure I am informed. I don't play games or waste hours on facebook...... I repost my resume every other day on CL so its near the top....as well as other sites.....

I have been venting some really nasty stuff on HR "professionals" blog....asking where are the "professionals" Others have posted here about the idiot HR people who do phone interviews.

The mindset of government workers is...it has to fit neatly into the boxes.....so that requires preparation.....you research companies before you go to the interview?

A lot of problems that are vented here are of your own doing......that's not rude just being honest.

ricky
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:33 pm

"A lot of problems that are vented here are of your own doing......that's not rude just being honest."

Ricky, in many cases I politely disagree with you. Many are confused and are even life threatening situations. Remember Al? They deserve our support even though the answer is in there posting. It is not obvious to them and need another opinion which they can take if they want.

Thanking for posting nasty stuff on HR professionals blogs. HR and recruiters are a big problem theses days. It is OK for them to be nasty, they need to be called on it. Such as the Unemployed or ones who have worked temporary work need not apply.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by agnes3511 Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:58 pm

They see it as you quit your job, I hope you win but it's a long shot.

agnes3511

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:54 pm

@munster05 - Sounds to me like you left the temp agency because you got an offer for a permanent position with another company, and once you realized that the job was not what it was presented to be, you went back to your previous employer (the temp agency), and immediately got another position, which will last for 8 months, and has a very good possibility of becoming permanent. Am I understanding correctly?

If so, just explain that to EDD (don't know which state you are in, but that's what we call it here in California). I would try to speak to someone on the phone, or in person, if there is an office where you live. I would also explain that the one day you were at the new job was a training/orientation day, and it was unpaid training, if that is in fact true. If it was paid training, make sure to let them know, even if you have not been paid for that day yet. I think once EDD is clear about how this all unfolded, you should be o.k..

As for REFUSING work, if you are supposed to be at a hearing, that is NOT a refusal of work, but is is a REASON you were not available to work for either the day, or part of the day. A refusal means that you did not WANT to work. Big difference! They may not penalize you for that. Ask them to be sure.

Good luck!

LRS

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:11 pm

ricky wrote:I don't get it? You people have a computer you can research everything, yet you dont understand this?

Eligibilty is based on your last job even if its for 1 day. quit fired etc you are disqualified until a hearing. You quit your temp job....thats all they need to know....

Now why dont you throw this major disincentive to work into the faces of the tea party people when they claim people on UI are lazy?

I'm just trying to get you to think 1 step ahead instead of being 1 step behind and now having to deal with this problem.

-------
More or less I am being penalized for trying to better myself, getting a full time position making less that what I could have received in UC as I could have stretched out another 5 months of Tier 1 and then possibly another 13 weeks after that of extended benefits.

So ya come back just to an AZZHOLE again? Really? You have nothing else better to do? Get a dog or something.
"You people" = one strike This is for everyone here you offended.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by ricky Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:20 pm

Do you know that internet reserch is a skill very few people are good at? You can type questions into google and find the answers.

Think of it as a game, you want to kill the Holy grand master from planet zappo on level 7 to win.... maybe that will make sense to you.

I want to hear you did your homework, and got approved, or a job

---------
So ya come back just to an AZZHOLE again? Really? You have nothing else better to do? Get a dog or something.
"You people" = one strike

ricky
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:21 pm

ricky wrote:Do you know that internet reserch is a skill very few people are good at? You can type questions into google and find the answers.

Think of it as a game, you want to kill the Holy grand master from planet zappo on level 7 to win.... maybe that will make sense to you.

---------

How about you learn some manners first then give advice. OK?? I think you might be able to actually help some folks here. Just learn how to not be offensive when doing it.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:27 pm

ricky wrote:Do you know that internet reserch is a skill very few people are good at? You can type questions into google and find the answers.

---------
LMAO Read that posters profile! I think he did his home work - HE HAS HAD A JOB SINCE APRIL! Do you?

Furthermore, the behavior of all known Stuff Ricky writers can be described within a single theoretical framework called the HMITE (Hit Me In The Eye). This model incorporates the tarson and lepton-employ as well as their interactions through the strong, weak and unemployed forces. Only Jobs remain outside the HMITE framework. The force-carrying Job generating Stuff are called Irritants or Ricky-Jobs, and they differ fundamentally from the tarson and lepton-employ. The fundamental forces appear to behave very differently in ordinary Stuff, but the HMITE model indicates that they are basically very simple minded when matter is in a high “purge-the-troll” environment.

......and you thought I was just a dumb blonde! Need some advice...benefits suspended !!??!! 241540

Back to top Go down

Post by ricky Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:44 pm

Its the worst SIN to make with UI, actually quitting a job without the boss punching you in the face pulling a knife or gun or pulling out his weener and chasing you around the room....that you can quit for good cause and still collect.

--------
I could have received in UC as I could have stretched out another 5 months of Tier 1 and then possibly another 13 weeks after that of extended benefits. I now have to attend a hearing with the referee.

ricky
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by munster05 Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:15 am

WOW.....didn't expect to cause a freakout here !! Thank you everyone for your input. At my hearing I will just stress on these points:

* The job I left was a 3 month temporary assignment in which I was making less than my PBC, thus I was collecting full unemployment anyway.
* The full time job I left for I never received earnings from. It was an orientation/training that I was never paid for. I did not accept this job because I found out more detailed information about this position that was not covered with me originally. (Actually I was lied to & I will give the details at the hearing)
* I immediately, the next day called the Temp Agency and got a full time assignment that was to last for 8 months with a good possibility of receiving permanent full time employment with a company that I used to work for. (Actually I don't think that Temp Agency ever took me out of their systems)
* I am currently working full time & just want reimbursed for the 6 weeks that they have suspended my claim.

munster05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:22 am

munster, is this the full-time job you are referring to? If so, it looks like it was more than just "orientation/training". Even it that was all it was, you must be paid for it.

What are my options...need the experts...please help

Post by munster05 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:10 pm
Just started a new FT job today at a major mall engraving company and...HOLY CRAP !!! I was a real manager for 10 years for a health insurer where you actually coach and manage people while managing inventory and producing reports and presentations to keep your superiors informed. I went thru the first day training for this company and this is definetly not for me based on my qualifications...I was a Manager of operations of a major health insurer with 10 yrs experience and ZERO experience in sales, now after the first day of training I am informed that I will be expected to do sales, engrave, manage, coach and 50% of the time be at the store by myself and meet quotas based on my area are rarely met...also found out that I rarely will be working a 40 hr work week like the Regional manager Manager outlined with the offer and will be working more like 50 + hrs with 1/2 the pay I was getting with my old job...oh did I mentioned the Regional Manager lied to me and said that the only reason she did not get back to me sooner was because it was an HR Corporate error, but I find out that the real reason was that the person she originally hired lasted one week before she said..."I dont think so...I'm out of here" Since today was my first day....what are my options...can I bow out and rescind my acceptance, then continue to collect UC until I find something in my field, or am I stuck with this job ? [/b] I really don't even think they have me plugged into their HR system yet. I would not have accepted if I know what I know now after the first day that this is not in my field nor could I excel. I received alot more info that what I got over the phone and during the initial initial interview. I have alot of other irons in the fire with other Health Insurers in my field and hope to land there but know this retail job is not for me....at least this one with this company is not.

Please someone help me....I am supposed to report at 1:30pm tomorrow.

Thanks for your help guys, munster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:36 pm

munster05 wrote:WOW.....didn't expect to cause a freakout here !! Thank you everyone for your input. At my hearing I will just stress on these points:

* The job I left was a 3 month temporary assignment in which I was making less than my PBC, thus I was collecting full unemployment anyway.
* The full time job I left for I never received earnings from. It was an orientation/training that I was never paid for. I did not accept this job because I found out more detailed information about this position that was not covered with me originally. (Actually I was lied to & I will give the details at the hearing)
* I immediately, the next day called the Temp Agency and got a full time assignment that was to last for 8 months with a good possibility of receiving permanent full time employment with a company that I used to work for. (Actually I don't think that Temp Agency ever took me out of their systems)
* I am currently working full time & just want reimbursed for the 6 weeks that they have suspended my claim.

Yes munster, very sorry that your thread was disrupted by this now banned member.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinball Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:28 pm

The issue now munster is there are 2 separations that will need to be addressed. Leaving the 1 day a week temp job and leaving the full time job that you went to a 1 day orientation. The 1 day a week job at worst, you would have only a slight weekly penalty to your wba each week. It goes away after earning 6 times. That one is no big deal. But you quit a full time job after 1 training day. Every time someone in the Commonweath of Pennsylvania gets hired you are put on a list that the UC recieves weekly. This puts a stop on your claim which will prompt you to call unemployment and here you go again.

You have to remember this....unemployment compensation is not free, it has many strings attached to it. Always call and find out what happens if, before you do anything that may affect your UC.

pinball

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum