Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Think Mom died of kidney failure EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Think Mom died of kidney failure EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Think Mom died of kidney failure EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Think Mom died of kidney failure EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Think Mom died of kidney failure EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Think Mom died of kidney failure EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Think Mom died of kidney failure EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Think Mom died of kidney failure EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Think Mom died of kidney failure EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Think Mom died of kidney failure EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Think Mom died of kidney failure EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Think Mom died of kidney failure EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Think Mom died of kidney failure EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Think Mom died of kidney failure EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Think Mom died of kidney failure EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Think Mom died of kidney failure

3 posters

Go down

Think Mom died of kidney failure Empty Think Mom died of kidney failure

Post by rhiannonj Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:29 pm

Sometimes I hate google. For some reason I went back into my old FB posts back when Mom was hospitalized and saw that the docs said her blood tests showed her having acid in her blood which they say caused a lack of oxygen.

So I started googling and found that Ibuprofen can be toxic to the kidneys and can cause renal kidney failure. I had been giving her 2 tablets twice a day to help with the pain in her leg from a pinched sciatic nerve!

Then I googled kidney failure symptoms and found this:

By understanding what the causes of renal failure are, it is easier to try and prevent it. However, sometimes prevention is impossible and therefore, knowing the symptoms is the best way to ensure it doesn’t deteriorate and take your life.

* Metabolic acidosis: This means that the body has a higher level of acid because the kidneys are not properly filtering the blood. This can result in organ failure.
* Rising urea levels in the blood.
* Weakness, lethargy, shortness of breath.
* Mental function greatly decreases
* Coma.
* Fluid builds in the lungs to combat the acid and this leads to conjunctive heart failure.

This perfectly describes how mom was when I found her that day! So now I'm beating myself up again and going through the "what if's"!
rhiannonj
rhiannonj

Back to top Go down

Think Mom died of kidney failure Empty Re: Think Mom died of kidney failure

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:04 pm

When you were first describing your mom's symptoms kidney failure is what it sounded like. However, you have to realize that sometimes when people get sick, and especially as they get older, the kidney's will just give out. I don't think you giving her ibuprofren caused it at 2 tablets a day.

You really have to take a lot. Don't let this worry
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:10 pm

rhi, I completely agree with lendme. As people age, kidney failure is a huge reason they fail in health. Between all their tests, scans and the meds they take, some for many years, and as their systems slow down they just don't process as well. You did the best you could and I truly believe, that when it's your time, it's your time. Another thing rhi, congestive heart failure can cause the kidneys to shut down as well. Congestive heart failure is so common in the elderly, especially when bed ridden, Their bodies just start to fail, some without any illness at all. I pray for your Mom and know she is at peace, along with mine and many other's here. You didn't cause this to happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:29 pm

Rhi, i work in a rest home and dispense medicine to residents many times a day. Ibuprofen is given several times a day to some of them by Dr's orders. A lot of them have liver disease and other issues with their organs and the doctors say its perfectly safe. One of them takes 800mg a day. The Ibuprofen had nothing to do with it, trust me. Im no Dr, but She must of had some thing seriously wrong or it was issues that come with old age. Please dont start thinking that way and stay away from medical stuff on line!! They say the worst thing you can do is to blindly start looking up symptoms. All it will do is frighten you for no reason.

Back to top Go down

Post by infoJoe Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:59 pm

Very sorry to hear about your mom. It seems that not many people realize how dangerous Ibuprofen and other analgesics can be to the kidneys. My wife was taking Ibuprofen in heavy doses before I discovered how dangerous they could be. For the sake of overall kidney health, a good kidney diet is more beneficial for long term health of the kidneys.

infoJoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum