Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
RI unemployment rate falls; state sheds 6,300 jobs (Highest in 20 years!) EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
RI unemployment rate falls; state sheds 6,300 jobs (Highest in 20 years!) EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
RI unemployment rate falls; state sheds 6,300 jobs (Highest in 20 years!) EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
RI unemployment rate falls; state sheds 6,300 jobs (Highest in 20 years!) EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
RI unemployment rate falls; state sheds 6,300 jobs (Highest in 20 years!) EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
RI unemployment rate falls; state sheds 6,300 jobs (Highest in 20 years!) EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
RI unemployment rate falls; state sheds 6,300 jobs (Highest in 20 years!) EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
RI unemployment rate falls; state sheds 6,300 jobs (Highest in 20 years!) EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
RI unemployment rate falls; state sheds 6,300 jobs (Highest in 20 years!) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
RI unemployment rate falls; state sheds 6,300 jobs (Highest in 20 years!) EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
RI unemployment rate falls; state sheds 6,300 jobs (Highest in 20 years!) EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
RI unemployment rate falls; state sheds 6,300 jobs (Highest in 20 years!) EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
RI unemployment rate falls; state sheds 6,300 jobs (Highest in 20 years!) EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
RI unemployment rate falls; state sheds 6,300 jobs (Highest in 20 years!) EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
RI unemployment rate falls; state sheds 6,300 jobs (Highest in 20 years!) EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

RI unemployment rate falls; state sheds 6,300 jobs (Highest in 20 years!)

4 posters

Go down

RI unemployment rate falls; state sheds 6,300 jobs (Highest in 20 years!) Empty RI unemployment rate falls; state sheds 6,300 jobs (Highest in 20 years!)

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:15 am

surprise

Officials say Rhode Island's unemployment rate saw a welcome dip in August, but the state reported its largest month-over-month loss of jobs in 20 years.

The state Department of Labor and Training reported Friday that the jobless rate stood at 10.6 percent last month, down from 10.8 in July.

http://www2.turnto10.com/news/2011/sep/16/ri-unemployment-rate-falls-state-sheds-6300-jobs-ar-741397/#fbcomments

Where is our MATH expert? ricky..................!!!

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

RI unemployment rate falls; state sheds 6,300 jobs (Highest in 20 years!) Empty Re: RI unemployment rate falls; state sheds 6,300 jobs (Highest in 20 years!)

Post by stillnutty Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:53 am

Same story next door in CT. We lost 8,600 jobs and the rate fell! Article says becuase so many have stopped looking! BLeep

http://www.ctnow.com/business/hc-jobs-connecticut-august-20110915,0,6073173.story

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

RI unemployment rate falls; state sheds 6,300 jobs (Highest in 20 years!) Empty Re: RI unemployment rate falls; state sheds 6,300 jobs (Highest in 20 years!)

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:58 am

MA lost jobs too, and the rate went down!

I am sick of being referred to as "stopped looking"! We can look all day long, 7 days a week - THERE IS NOTHING TO FIND!!!!

Frustrated

Back to top Go down

Post by ricky Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:24 am

I'm glad I dont live in RI, or i'd been evicted and living in my moms basement by now.

#2 I find lots of jobs everyday, almost every week people offer me a job, so you need to change your rant to:

"THERE ARE NO PAYING JOBS OUT HERE!!!!"

----------------
I am sick of being referred to as "stopped looking"! We can look all day long, 7 days a week - THERE IS NOTHING TO FIND!!!!

ricky
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:22 am

ricky wrote:I'm glad I dont live in RI, or i'd been evicted and living in my moms basement by now.

#2 I find lots of jobs everyday, almost every week people offer me a job, so you need to change your rant to:

----------------

So you have decided to stay on the gimmie unemployment forum HUH?

By the way just hit the quote button to quote someone. I have no idea what the above post says.

gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:12 pm

ricky wrote:I'm glad I dont live in RI, or i'd been evicted and living in my moms basement by now.

----------------

Ricky, please stop avoiding the question. Using all the math tweaks you can come up with, how do RI, CT & MA lose thousands of jobs, yet the unemployment rate goes down? The majority of our members do not understand this new fuzzy math. The way you speak, you are a MATH whiz, so please enlighten us!

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:17 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:

----------------

Ricky, please stop avoiding the question. Using all the math tweaks you can come up with, how do RI, CT & MA lose thousands of jobs, yet the unemployment rate goes down? The majority of our members do not understand this new fuzzy math. The way you speak, you are a MATH whiz, so please enlighten us!

Right now he is trying to figure out how to bash the 99ers some more and find a job at the same time. O and he is learning new racial slurrs.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:40 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:

----------------

Right now he is trying to figure out how to bash the 99ers some more and find a job at the same time. O and he is learning new racial slurrs.
What makes me angry is that he is probably being paid to do that!! alien

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:51 pm

tiya wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:

----------------

What makes me angry is that he is probably being paid to do that!! alien

That brings the word SCUMBAG to a new level. alien alien
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:56 pm

Wouldn't it be ironic if he used to be unemployed but the only job he could find was working for the Koch brothers bashing the unemployed?

I often wonder what I would do if I were offered that deal.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:19 pm

Rates fall when the number of 99ers increases. September 2009 was a very high month for new application, so those collecting since will be joining our ever growing club. It's just sickening. And, furthermore, just an fyi for the math wizard, 428,000 is this weeks #, that is still far too many job losses added to those already unemployed. So where are the jobs????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:23 pm

I hear you loud and clear on the "stopped looking". I literally scream at the tv everytime I hear it. It's high time that someone really takes a look at hiring practices, the internet services that offer them, the validity of the posted jobs and the fact that no one will take a walk in applicant, thereby directing all of them to their website and a webapp.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum