Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Need a bit of help and support EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Need a bit of help and support EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Need a bit of help and support EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Need a bit of help and support EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Need a bit of help and support EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Need a bit of help and support EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Need a bit of help and support EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Need a bit of help and support EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Need a bit of help and support EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Need a bit of help and support EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Need a bit of help and support EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Need a bit of help and support EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Need a bit of help and support EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Need a bit of help and support EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Need a bit of help and support EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Need a bit of help and support

2 posters

Go down

Need a bit of help and support Empty Need a bit of help and support

Post by rhiannonj Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:46 pm

I need help. I'm not being allowed to grieve Mom's passing. It's only been 4 days since her funeral. And my older brother has been bombarding me with emails today and none of it was good.

Here is his latest:

"I have spent the entire day trying to bring to closure the issues remaining to be dealt with following her death and that fall under my responsibility as the executor of her will. Although she left no estate, it still fell to me to take care of these.

I have already advised you of certain items, mainly her will, (none on file), her Social Security and Navy benefits. Again, I urge you to move immediately to file for income assistance (I mean disability) as soon as possible. Please contact Laura Carrington to find out what immediate assistance is available since you now have no income. She should be able to assist with getting food stamps for you.

I have forwarded Mom's will and death certificate to Bank of America, although they won't have the certificate until tomorrow afternoon. I also mailed items to Greentree.

I can't speak with Bank of America about options available to you until they have the death certificate, but I spoke briefly of three options: foreclosure, which by law in MD requires 6 months, "short sale" which may not really represent any advantage to you, but is considered advantageous for the bank, and allowing the bank to take over the house and renting it from them. However, you need income for this. It will be a stretch to stay in the house even if you manage somehow to cover the mortgage, given the costs associated with maintaining a house.

You may rely on me to offer advice, but I should not be regarded as a source of financial support. I made that clear many times before Mom's passing. You may call me whatever names you care to bring to mind. I do what I do because I promised Mom that I would try and lookout for you, although I made it clear that that promise would not include financial support. I will continue to do that no matter what verbal abuse you may care to lay upon me. But I urge you to use me as a consulting source, but more importantly Laura, Pastor Lori, and whoever the state of MD has to counsel and assist you."

Oh, pew pew.. he spent one day doing this when I took care of Mom for 5 years! I don't think he has a clue as to what is going on in this economy, the unemployment situation and how they are cracking down on SS Disability!

Is it me or what? I think I'm losing it. Last night it was so bad I called the Suicide Prevention hotline.

Help.
Rhi
rhiannonj
rhiannonj

Back to top Go down

Need a bit of help and support Empty Re: Need a bit of help and support

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:01 pm

Is the House big enough to find renters where you can live there to?

Sorry you are having so many problems. Sad
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by rhiannonj Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:03 pm

I can rent out one room atm.. have an ad running. Can eventually rent the other but that's Mom's room and I can't even think about starting to clean it out now.

I just need time to grieve. Sad
rhiannonj
rhiannonj

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:12 pm

rhiannonj wrote:I can rent out one room atm.. have an ad running. Can eventually rent the other but that's Mom's room and I can't even think about starting to clean it out now.

Tell him to back off or I will give him a fat lip. Remind him you were there 24/7 and need your own time now. Its not about him or what he wants.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by rhiannonj Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:20 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
rhiannonj wrote:I can rent out one room atm.. have an ad running. Can eventually rent the other but that's Mom's room and I can't even think about starting to clean it out now.

Tell him to back off or I will give him a fat lip. Remind him you were there 24/7 and need your own time now. Its not about him or what he wants.

Wish you could give him a fat lip!!! He doesn't give a damn about me. He's just the executor of Mom's estate and doing his moral and legal responsibility.

I hate checking my email now because of him! Sorry, just a bit pissed.
rhiannonj
rhiannonj

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:29 pm

rhiannonj wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:

Wish you could give him a fat lip!!! He doesn't give a damn about me. He's just the executor of Mom's estate and doing his moral and legal responsibility.

I hate checking my email now because of him! Sorry, just a bit pissed.

Don't be sorry, that is why we are here to vent and support. I have met some great people here. Need a bit of help and support 34243
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by rhiannonj Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:34 pm

Pastor Lori from Mom's church is coming over. God I need help. Love you all!
rhiannonj
rhiannonj

Back to top Go down

Post by rhiannonj Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:47 pm

Just had a very nice visit with her. She was very supportive and is going to help me through this process. She'll be calling my older brother later this eve and politely tell him to back off because I'm on information overload.
rhiannonj
rhiannonj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down