Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
POSSIBLE JOB SCAM EMAILS EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
POSSIBLE JOB SCAM EMAILS EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
POSSIBLE JOB SCAM EMAILS EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
POSSIBLE JOB SCAM EMAILS EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
POSSIBLE JOB SCAM EMAILS EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
POSSIBLE JOB SCAM EMAILS EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
POSSIBLE JOB SCAM EMAILS EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
POSSIBLE JOB SCAM EMAILS EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
POSSIBLE JOB SCAM EMAILS EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
POSSIBLE JOB SCAM EMAILS EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
POSSIBLE JOB SCAM EMAILS EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
POSSIBLE JOB SCAM EMAILS EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
POSSIBLE JOB SCAM EMAILS EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
POSSIBLE JOB SCAM EMAILS EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
POSSIBLE JOB SCAM EMAILS EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

POSSIBLE JOB SCAM EMAILS

+6
LRS
sunriseinbama
nfpexec
TR11005
laine25
TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA
10 posters

Go down

POSSIBLE JOB SCAM EMAILS Empty POSSIBLE JOB SCAM EMAILS

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:34 pm

Hubby just received mail (see below). Upon reading it, he was suspicious that a company VP had the time to personally review resumes and selected his. We investigated and found that it's yet another of many job scams that prey upon laid-off, hard-working job seekers. Hope all of you will follow suit and post things like this so our members won't lose any money. (LOL We don't have money!) Big thanks to Desperate for setting up this thread so we can help each other.

Hello XXX

I was forwarded your resume from my VP, and based upon your background we would like to extend you an offer to interview with us.
We've recently expanded our National Healthcare Division and need individuals capable of working Full-Time and/or Part-Time for Marketing, Recruitment, and Business Development.
Experience not required, although HR, Marketing, Sales, Recruitment, and Customer Service is a plus.

Below are the times we have available this week:
Wed, Aug 3, 2011 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EDT
Wed, Aug 3, 2011 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM EDT
Thu, Aug 4, 2011 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM EDT
Thu, Aug 4, 2011 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT
Fri, Aug 5, 2011 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EDT
To secure your time slot, please click on a link above and Schedule your Interview. After you schedule your interview time we will send you Login instructions. This is a great way for our Candidates to Interview with us and make sure it is a mutual fit.

Important Note: This interview is in our Web Conference Room.
It's a Web-Based Interview Platform. A webcam is not required!

We Look Forward to Speaking with You.

Thank you,

Devon Barrett
HR/Employment Generalist
HRP Staffing
877-636-4067

DevonBarrett@hrpstaffing.com

Last edited by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA on Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

POSSIBLE JOB SCAM EMAILS Empty Re: POSSIBLE JOB SCAM EMAILS

Post by laine25 Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:36 am

There is so much of this going on..it's disgusting. I've been a victim as well. I decided to take my resume off the major websites. I don't get any suspicious emails or mail anymore. I don't even get calls but I'd rather be safe then sorry.
laine25
laine25

Back to top Go down

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:06 pm

Another email my husband just received. Researched the name and email address. Seems it is someone who is trying to gather suckers for an internet marketing business. If any of you get something like this, I would be leery.

xxxxxxx,

Hello xxxxx, this is xxxxx. I am a regional recruiter with a Fortune 500 company in XXXXX. I saw your resume on Monster and was impressed with your experience. I am interested in bringing you in for an interview this week. You can reach me at xxx-xxx-xxxx. I look forward to hearing from you! Thanks, and have a great day!

xxxxx.
xxx-xxx-xxxx
"Success is the progressive realization of a worthy ideal"

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:39 pm

A 18 year old High School dropout can receive this email! There out is NO EXPERIENCE. That means even a POSSIBLE JOB SCAM EMAILS 318754 POSSIBLE JOB SCAM EMAILS 457196 can qualify. I receive these too. Have your e-mail with good SCAM protection like YAHOO. This eliminates better then 90% of the scams now.

If you don't post your resume you can not be found on Monster and most job boards. This how I get most of my Contract Assignments. Applying for jobs has worse odds then winning the lottery.

Report these if all possible, perhaps BBB or government site. I have not had to do it in a long time. Google them and do research anything that you have suspicions. Remember not everything on the Internet is the truth, same as your snail mail.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by nfpexec Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:07 pm

Lately I've gotten a ton of spam email to the address on my resume. I had pretty good filters that limited my spam so I can only conclude that this is somehow related to scammers out there. I dont know if they're phishing or spreading viruses but as soon as I see one that looks suspicious I delete. Today also I got some call about checking a website for money. I didnt know who he was so I just ignored it.
nfpexec
nfpexec

Back to top Go down

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:13 pm

TR11005 wrote:A 18 year old High School dropout can receive this email! There out is NO EXPERIENCE. That means even a POSSIBLE JOB SCAM EMAILS 318754 POSSIBLE JOB SCAM EMAILS 457196 can qualify. I receive these too. Have your e-mail with good SCAM protection like YAHOO. This eliminates better then 90% of the scams now.

If you don't post your resume you can not be found on Monster and most job boards. This how I get most of my Contract Assignments. Applying for jobs has worse odds then winning the lottery.

Report these if all possible, perhaps BBB or government site. I have not had to do it in a long time. Google them and do research anything that you have suspicions. Remember not everything on the Internet is the truth, same as your snail mail.

LOL That's what I have been doing. My husband gives me all the questionable emails, and I research them while he searches for work. We have Yahoo mail; and yes, you are right, it does filter out most of this crap. When I researched this email above, I found it was from a 17 year old. He made the stupid mistake of blogging on another site about how he wants to make a fortune helping others achieve financial success. Yeah, by ripping people off! Probably saw the gap on my husband's resume and thought to himself "ANOTHER DESPERATE UNEMPLOYED SUCKER". Good thing I was not born yesterday! I have been posting these on our forum to help others out. If they keep one person from getting scammed, then it is worth it. One concern I have is how easy it is for these jerks to get our information on Monster and others like it. My hubby has gotten a job from Monster in the past, but now is so distrustful of all these job sites.

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriseinbama Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:18 pm

on dothanhelpwanted.com, there was an ad posted for administrative office for Wayne Construciton. I sent my resume in and Saturday got a call from an online educational company saying I had requested info from their website. I told them that know I hadn't and no I wasn't interested. Then I got the email from "Wayne" Here's the add info I replied to.
Admin./office Job

Admin./office

The ideal candidate is highly organized, able to work without supervision, able to multi-task, has excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ensures our clients receive high quality service.
Specific duties include:
Answering phones in a professional manner with a friendly demeanor; screen and direct all incoming calls appropriately
Requirements:
• Energetic, outgoing personality with excellent communication skills (verbal, listening and written) and interpersonal skills
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Excellent organizational skills
• High School Diploma, college desirable

If you meet the requirements. Pls send resume to - this ID: waynejob@live.com
Company Name: Wayne construction
Available: Immediately. Full Time. 2nd shift.
Posted: 11/24/11

Here's the response I got:
----- Forwarded Message -----
To: sunriseinbamaXXXXXXX(edited for privacy for me)
Sent: Saturday, November 26, 2011 10:03 PM
Subject: PERSONAL ASSISTANCE
Good day, how are you doing over there, hope your day has been nice?? am Wayne Johnson by name am also from the state, am at my early 40years, i work with SAMSUNG PRODUCTION COMPANY here in the state as a marketer which God has really blessed me in my choosing career(MARKETING). I also get goods in the company at the low amount and sell too apart from the company services, as per staff prize, i travelled most of the time to the head office in south korea and some times our branch in japan , for trannings and getting to know about the new products at the same time make order for the items needed by my own personal customers. Anyway I have a open job for you to work with as my direct personal assistant in the state which will really helps you too, to become a permanent staff of the company in future, that is if you really work hard with company cos you re not only work with me, you also work with the company at the same time, the job is not really stressful, B.cos you might have a job presently, and still intend to work with me, the most important is to be truthful to your boss and you shall be reward for your good work. I would love to meet up with you to talk about this job but I am currently away on business trip to the head office,
I ought to have a light interview with you but pending the time i come to the state, still you can work with me, B.cos the job you are to handle for now is not much till i come down to the state, I will pre-pay you in advance to do my business errands. I will also have to forward my consignment to your address or shipped to a post office near you and then you can pick it up at your convenience. When you get my mails/packages, you are required to mail them to where I want them mailed to.. You don't have to use your money, all you need to do is to have the packages shipped to your house.You are allowed to confirm the package content ( laptops,phones, plasma tv, portable dvd and of different kinds, and personal letters). All expenses and taxes will be covered by the company, You will work between 20 - 25hrs a month. I will be paying $500.00 per-week for this position. That is not a bad offer is it? I need your service because I am constantly out of town and you also need to be coming online most times incase of information B.cos december is around the coner and people has been contacting me for some goods while am out of the state, i am making order here in order to shipp them to your address. I will return to STATE by 20th December 2011 so this process will be going on till i get back in December. If you don't mind, I will meet up with you when I return and then we can talk about the possibility of making this longterm .Well, let me know if you are able to handle the position,I will provide you my personal UPS account number for Shippment, All you have to do is to provide the company account number to UPS and shipping charges will be applied into the account, I will provide clear set of instructions for each task, If I am to pay you upfront for your service, How should your name appear on the money? May be you can provide me with the following details below :-
Full Name:..............................
Full Address:........................
(NO P.O.BOX) opional........
City:................................
State:.............................
Zip Code:.......................
Phone Number:..........
Sex:.................................
Yahoo Messenger ID.......
Nationality..........................
Current Job.......................
Get back to me with the required details above , So that the pay-check can be forward to you as soon as possible and I will appreciate quick response from you.Thanks and please get back to me asap and confirm this mail asap.
Have a lovely day.
Wayne

sunriseinbama

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:20 pm

What immediately jumped out at me about this email, is that it reads like it was written by someone whose first language is NOT English, and it sounds very much like a Nigerian scam.

Chris Hansen did a story about a similar scam on "Dateline" a few years back, and actually went to Nigeria to try to find the person(s) behind it. That trip took him to a village where there is a scam "industry" (for lack of a better term) operating business, romance, investment, and various other kinds of scams, and victimizing people all over the world.

If I remember correctly, the victims believed that they were helping someone who owned an export business. There was also a romance scam component involved, as the victims believed that they were in a "relationship" and referred to the business owner as their "fiance'".

The job offer is a twist on the scam, but the bottom line is the same - merchandise ordered with stolen credit cards is shipped to your home. Then either (a). someone is supposed to pick the merchandise up from you, or (b). you are asked to ship the merchandise off to someone/somewhere else.

One victim of this scam that Chris Hansen spoke to had a pile of merchandise in a closet that no one had come to pick up, and she didn't want to get involved in shipping it, because she thought that it might be stolen or being ordered using someone else's identity. She was also having problems getting the deliveries to stop coming to her home.

Scams and spam like this is why I don't post to, or respond to Craigslist ads for jobs, and I NEVER post my resume on sites like Monster, Careerbuilder, etc..

One more thing, the checks/cashiers checks/money orders that these scammers send to the victims are so good that the banks cannot always tell if they are for real, or not! They appear to clear, then in about 6-8 weeks, they get returned, and guess who ends up having to pay for it? YOU!

Last edited by LRS on Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

LRS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:20 pm

sunrise, I hate to say this, but just reading his email, his english and spelling are awful and that makes me immediately suspicious of him and the details are just too out there. I would report this. There is no way that this is on the up and up. The right questions are not being asked for one thing and even if they were, don't respond via email until this person/company are checked out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:21 pm

and I second LRS post. Not trying to be your guardian, but these scams are not all that uncommon and I know myself, that anything is better than nothing, but this just doesn't sound safe or legit.

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:35 pm

I would recommend having more than one email address. I have one address that I use for my resume, job applications, and anything work related, one that I use for signing up on mailing lists, and one that I use for family and friends only.

LRS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:53 pm

That's a great idea LRS. I have a few friends doing the same thing. Wish I had thought of it before.

Back to top Go down

Post by KSWGuy325 Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:40 pm

Sometimes people really do want to help, and there do exist MLM companies where people actually change their lives and begin to make a full-time income off of their home-based business. The sad truth, however, is that 99% of MLM consultants fail to ever make more than $400/mo.

What I am saying here is, don't be too harsh on the guy that wants to help people out of their financial difficulties, if he has a solid plan for true marketing (not tribal/relationship marketing), he just might be able to help. Wink 

KSWGuy325
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:30 am

KSWGuy325 wrote:Sometimes people really do want to help, and there do exist MLM companies where people actually change their lives and begin to make a full-time income off of their home-based business.  The sad truth, however, is that 99% of MLM consultants fail to ever make more than $400/mo.  

What I am saying here is, don't be too harsh on the guy that wants to help people out of their financial difficulties, if he has a solid plan for true marketing (not tribal/relationship marketing), he just might be able to help.  Wink 
The sad truth is 99% don't even make $1, but wind up spending hundreds in supplies vital to the success of the "business"! You're not here to pitch one of these, are you?
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by KSWGuy325 Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:33 am

I am involved with a company, but no, I am not going to pitch it here. I am here doing market research.

What I was trying to illustrate is the fact that there are people with good hearts, with the best of intentions, who are genuinely trying to help.

The problem with most MLM/Network Marketing/Relationship Marketing companies is that they rely on 'tribal marketing' which is the slowest and most painful way to build a business; they don't teach you how to do real marketing (and some even discourage it) and this is the reason that many of these companies are viewed as a scam.

KSWGuy325
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by DesperateInRI Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:34 pm

KSWGuy325 wrote:I am involved with a company, but no, I am not going to pitch it here.  I am here doing market research.  

What I was trying to illustrate is the fact that there are people with good hearts, with the best of intentions, who are genuinely trying to help.  

The problem with most MLM/Network Marketing/Relationship Marketing companies is that they rely on 'tribal marketing' which is the slowest and most painful way to build a business; they don't teach you how to do real marketing (and some even discourage it) and this is the reason that many of these companies are viewed as a scam.
Market Research? Sorry, we aren't Guinea Pigs.
DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by KSWGuy325 Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:32 pm

Not trying to make you Guinea Pigs. Just being honest with you. I have been unemployed myself, I identify with your pain. I'm trying to help, don't make it something it's not.

KSWGuy325
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by DesperateInRI Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:15 pm

Bye! We are NOT research subjects!!!!
DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 503Depressed Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:28 pm

I get so much SPAM jobs via CareerBuilder.com, however I have also obtained good job leads via CareerBuilder and Monster. Some place will only use those 2 sites.
503Depressed
503Depressed

Back to top Go down

Post by 503Depressed Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:18 pm

packing@employercenterusa.biz.secureserverdot.com
2:17 PM (59 minutes ago)

to me
HAVE A GOOD DAY!
Garland offers logistics services which are created in cooperation with clients to satisfy their needs.

Garland suggests solutions in how we control our customers logistics at either our premises or at those of our clients.

We can lessen costs for Warehousing | Personnel | Distribution by:
   Changing prices from unchangeable to variable.
   contracting out gives stimulus for quality.
   makes our customers to focus on core activities and sales volume.
   Economies of scale.
   lessening of administrative costs.

Garland has invested heavily to manage a upscale service.
It has created its own solution which allow customers receive more benefit throughout the logistics process.

GARLAND,
Would like to propose You an occasion to RENT only  1 m2 of Your garage
or house space to provide following logistics operations for our company:

Arrival of goods
   Stock recording
   Stock disposal
   dispensation If You (are capable for transporting max 160 lbs - Please reply back as soon as possible)
   monitoring goods movements

Our company is ready to suggest You 145usd salary for each week of 1  m2 rent.
If You are ready to carry more space, please reply back immediately.
We have beneficial premiums for beneficial employees.

In our storerooms Garland can provide the following procedures:

PickPickup and PackWrapping  – ReceivingReceipt, CheckingMonitoring, SeparationAssignment, LabelingDesignation, PackingSorting and PostageShipment.
   WarehousingCustody – CheckingExamination, PackingWrapping and Keeping
   PreparationPerforming of Orders – LabelingDesignation, PackingSorting and Distribution.
   StockQuantity ControlKeeping - EmailPostage notifications.
   Statistics - Statistical information if demanded.

Garland, a Portuguese independent company has serious experience in the Logistics of Fashion, Literature, High Technologies, Drilling Equipment & Tires and Tubes.
Why not hear more about our complete assortment of services and contact us?
apply with Your resume immediately and we will rent even Your roof space!
Have a good day!
503Depressed
503Depressed

Back to top Go down

Post by DesperateInRI Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:23 pm

LMAO 
DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down