Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
The Same Job Listings Week After Week EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
The Same Job Listings Week After Week EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
The Same Job Listings Week After Week EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
The Same Job Listings Week After Week EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
The Same Job Listings Week After Week EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
The Same Job Listings Week After Week EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
The Same Job Listings Week After Week EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
The Same Job Listings Week After Week EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
The Same Job Listings Week After Week EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
The Same Job Listings Week After Week EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
The Same Job Listings Week After Week EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
The Same Job Listings Week After Week EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
The Same Job Listings Week After Week EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
The Same Job Listings Week After Week EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
The Same Job Listings Week After Week EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

The Same Job Listings Week After Week

+3
nfpexec
ExhaustedinCA
PamelaJo
7 posters

Go down

The Same Job Listings Week After Week Empty The Same Job Listings Week After Week

Post by PamelaJo Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:52 am

I've noticed recently that the same job listings are posted in local papers week after week. The positions never seem to be filled, yet I know they must have many, many applicants. I've applied for each job for which I am qualified and it is so frustrating to see the job still being listed, sometimes for months, and apparently nobody has been hired.

Is this a common trend elsewhere in the country, or something which is a local issue? Have any of you found the same listings being posted over and over and never being filled?

It's just something which is starting to really anger me and leads me to believe these companies are simply not hiring. However, it costs them money to run the ads, so I just don't get it. It's been the same with online applications. Every time I check back on a site with a position which I've applied for, I find the same job listed time and again. Usually, it states the number of days the job has been posted...and I'm noticing many which indicate the job was posted 100+ days ago, etc. What's going on? I really do not know what to think and it only adds to the feelings of hopelessness and frustration. We need jobs. They post jobs. They do not seem to hire anyone. Surely, at least a couple of applicants must be qualified for these positions. So very frustrating!

Anyway, I'm curious if others notice this to be the case. If so, why do you think it's happening?

PamelaJo
PamelaJo

Back to top Go down

The Same Job Listings Week After Week Empty Re: The Same Job Listings Week After Week

Post by ExhaustedinCA Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:49 am

I have been noticing the same exact thing too. There are several I have found online and applied for and yet I still see the same listing over and over. One of the the positions I had applied for sent me a response that said "Congratulations you meet all of the qualifications, our HR department will be in contact to set up an Interview"...yet I never heard anything and then of course I see that same job still posted. I have tried to contact them and I always get their voice mail, but yet no return call.

idk what is going on, I just know I want a Job as does everyone else...
ExhaustedinCA
ExhaustedinCA

Back to top Go down

The Same Job Listings Week After Week Empty Re: The Same Job Listings Week After Week

Post by nfpexec Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:58 am

This isnt a recent thing. I'm in my third year of unemployment and I have seen this practive over and over again. I don't know what it's all about. It's ridiculous to waste people's time like that.
nfpexec
nfpexec

Back to top Go down

Post by MoInSTL Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:30 am

IMO, particularly in regards to online jobs, I think these jobs are posted to indicate fake growth to the public & to their competitors. Their may be other reasons but making it appear they are growing and adding jobs is frustrating.
MoInSTL
MoInSTL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:38 am

I agree with all of you. Pamela Jo, you and I are basically in the same area of PA/NJ and using, I am sure the same onlines and newspapers. I have noticed that the papers contain very few, but are actual jobs in very specific areas of expertise. The onlines are same thing week after week and I have noticed this since I was laid off in June 2008. Much of online is advertising revenue driven, they aren't updated and almost every one you "apply" to comes with a survey questionairre from Lincoln Tech, GCCC, MCCC, DeVry etc. All of them are not really accredited institutions and they are looking to bombard you with phone calls, emails and mail to get you to register for their "guaranteed" employment programs after graduation, which we know is bunk. Even comcast on demand is revenue driven and if you search the jobs through searchlight, write down the numbers of the jobs you are looking for, most have expired or are no longer available. I don't think they remove the postings purposely.

It's very frustrating. I really feel it's fraud. We just have to keep hanging in and trying, personally, I feel it will be a word of mouth from someone for all of us, not online at all. Maybe even an ad in one of our local papers, you know most of those are legit, no one will pay those prices if they are not really hiring, newspaper ads are very expensive today. The Same Job Listings Week After Week 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by cps70 Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:52 am

I am friends with a recent x HR manager and she told me that the reason they run ads that way at least at where she was at was because even though the company wasn't hiring they were told to keep the ad up because the way the job market was if they got the perfect person for an already filled psition and they would take less money and or benefits they would terminate the person already doing the job saying the position was eliminated or dept was downsized then hire the perfetct canidate...In fact that's what happened to my friend they told her they were outsourcing the HR then hired this guy with 30yrs exp at less then half what she was making.

cps70

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:59 am

Well that's sad for both of them. Your friend is being underpaid and they are getting away with it and the person terminated for apparently no reason but $$$. Hopefully, HR is aware that they won't retain your friend or any other employees once the job market opens up with that type of business plan. People are watching and paying attention to this. The HR person was a fool to make that public knowledge, it can be used in a Fair Employment hearing, I only hope the person your friend replaced persues that. I feel for your friend as well, caught between a rock and a hard place. The Same Job Listings Week After Week 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by 462Tech Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:29 am

My situation was different. My ex-employer posted an ad for an opening in my department two days before I quit. The starting salary was 50 cents more than my salary. I got the last laugh though, it's been 8 weeks and they still haven't filled my position. LMAO

462Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:51 pm

cps70 wrote:I am friends with a recent x HR manager and she told me that the reason they run ads that way at least at where she was at was because even though the company wasn't hiring they were told to keep the ad up because the way the job market was if they got the perfect person for an already filled psition and they would take less money and or benefits they would terminate the person already doing the job saying the position was eliminated or dept was downsized then hire the perfetct canidate...In fact that's what happened to my friend they told her they were outsourcing the HR then hired this guy with 30yrs exp at less then half what she was making.

OMG Another form of job discrimination. Makes me so angry and sick to my stomach.

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:54 pm

462Tech wrote:My situation was different. My ex-employer posted an ad for an opening in my department two days before I quit. The starting salary was 50 cents more than my salary. I got the last laugh though, it's been 8 weeks and they still haven't filled my position. LMAO

Hmmmmmm Wonder if they are sorry you quit. Perhaps they should offer to have you come back at a higher salary! LOL In this economy, I don't think it will happen. Years ago it would!

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by 462Tech Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:10 pm

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA wrote:
462Tech wrote:My situation was different. My ex-employer posted an ad for an opening in my department two days before I quit. The starting salary was 50 cents more than my salary. I got the last laugh though, it's been 8 weeks and they still haven't filled my position. LMAO

Hmmmmmm Wonder if they are sorry you quit. Perhaps they should offer to have you come back at a higher salary! LOL In this economy, I don't think it will happen. Years ago it would!

I doubt it. I wouldn't go back if they did raise my salary. Being on call 24/7 had a bad effect on my personal life. Fact is I didn't have a personal life. Besides I just accepted an offer today and start on Monday.

462Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:14 pm

462Tech wrote:
TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA wrote:

I doubt it. I wouldn't go back if they did raise my salary. Being on call 24/7 had a bad effect on my personal life. Fact is I didn't have a personal life. Besides I just accepted an offer today and start on Monday.

LOL I know. Right after I posted here I saw your announcement on the other thread. Congratulations!

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum