Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
These 73 Companies Won't Hire You If You Don't Have A Job EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
These 73 Companies Won't Hire You If You Don't Have A Job EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
These 73 Companies Won't Hire You If You Don't Have A Job EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
These 73 Companies Won't Hire You If You Don't Have A Job EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
These 73 Companies Won't Hire You If You Don't Have A Job EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
These 73 Companies Won't Hire You If You Don't Have A Job EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
These 73 Companies Won't Hire You If You Don't Have A Job EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
These 73 Companies Won't Hire You If You Don't Have A Job EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
These 73 Companies Won't Hire You If You Don't Have A Job EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
These 73 Companies Won't Hire You If You Don't Have A Job EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
These 73 Companies Won't Hire You If You Don't Have A Job EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
These 73 Companies Won't Hire You If You Don't Have A Job EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
These 73 Companies Won't Hire You If You Don't Have A Job EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
These 73 Companies Won't Hire You If You Don't Have A Job EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
These 73 Companies Won't Hire You If You Don't Have A Job EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

These 73 Companies Won't Hire You If You Don't Have A Job

+3
jmainframe
TR11005
Springflowers
7 posters

Go down

These 73 Companies Won't Hire You If You Don't Have A Job Empty These 73 Companies Won't Hire You If You Don't Have A Job

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:02 am

“Unemployed job seekers continue to be excluded from work opportunities, and this disturbing and unfair practice appears to be more pervasive than previously thought,” said Christine Owens, executive director of the National Employment Law Project.

“This practice is a perverse catch-22 that requires workers to have jobs in order to get jobs, and it means highly qualified, experienced workers who want and need work can’t get past the starting gate in the application process simply because they lost their jobs through no fault of their own,” Owens continued. “As a business practice, this makes no sense. It is debilitating to workers—particularly the long-term unemployed—and it hampers economic recovery.”

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/companies-discriminate-against-unemployed-2011-7#ixzz1RzCWWfFm

Back to top Go down

These 73 Companies Won't Hire You If You Don't Have A Job Empty Re: These 73 Companies Won't Hire You If You Don't Have A Job

Post by Springflowers Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:24 am

People should hide being unemployed then, why give them the information? They are nasty.

Springflowers

Back to top Go down

These 73 Companies Won't Hire You If You Don't Have A Job Empty Re: These 73 Companies Won't Hire You If You Don't Have A Job

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:00 am

Springflowers wrote:People should hide being unemployed then, why give them the information? They are nasty.
How do you hide it? Lie?

Back to top Go down

Post by Springflowers Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:11 am

Just don't give out the information.

People have to stop enabling evil. You do not owe these companies your soul.

Springflowers

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:22 am

Claim your a Freelancer and put Present instead of the date last work. Attend an online course and claim your a student. If you worked Contract or Temporary Assignments, put them all together and don't have gaps. Claim your still on assignment. It is not lying it is about survival!

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by Springflowers Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:28 am

TR11005 wrote:Claim your a Freelancer and put Present instead of the date last work. Attend an online course and claim your a student. If you worked Contract or Temporary Assignments, put them all together and don't have gaps. Claim your still on assignment. It is not lying it is about survival!

Agree.

Lying is a sin, and certainly have to think this one over with God, but sometimes I think people get put in positions where what is more evil telling a corrupt company you have a job or making sure to hide your real unemployment status, or letting your family starve giving into their evil "rules"?

Springflowers

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:17 pm

I'm glad someone compiled a list of companies who subscribe to this unethical policy. These companies need to be exposed and vilified for their hiring practices. I'm sure these companies realize that the unemployment rate has never been this high for this long ever in our nation's history. The only major corporation I saw on that list so far is Allstate. Shame on them! If I had any policies with them, I would cancel them immediately out of protest.

Legislation making this practice illegal needs to be passed IMMEDIATELY, and needs to be vigorously enforced. The term "Equal Opportunity Employer" needs to apply to everyone, including the unemployed.
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:38 pm

There is a bill sitting in the House Ways & Means Committee that addresses this type of discrimination - HR 1113. It was introduced by Rep. Hank Johnson of GA and has been sitting there since March. I don't even think there are substantial costs to this bill - it amends the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to include the unemployed.

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t1052-hr-1113-the-fair-employment-act-of-2011

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:01 pm

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by sbraney Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:43 pm

Claim your a Freelancer and put Present instead of the date last work.

I've done this - it's true though, but they always have an excuse. Some people have told me that it makes me appear too free spirited. Bull.

What I'd like to ask though is just how much transparency these firms have regarding our employment records? Do they have access to what is reported - for instance, if you omit something when filing for unemployment, you'll find out when the transcript comes back that they use to determine your eligibility.

Also, I'm curious if credit score keepers have access to information regarding our low income status when we apply for food stamps and other aid, etc. I asked the guy at the welfare center and he said that they don't provide anything to anyone, but it still doesn't mean that credit unions, insurance companies and credit agencies don't have access. Everything you do leaves a trail. My credit score has tanked even though I've paid everything on time, but they note that my bank account is low!! I'm not encouraged by the bank administering the food stamp program either. What I hate the most about my situation, is that I'm being held captive by the real criminals.

sbraney

Back to top Go down

Post by jchapman Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:45 pm

If you're unemployed thru no fault of your own, you've got nothing to hide. & above all else, don't lie about it. These folks are probably lying about the job openings they say that they have, & they have reasons to. Right now, anybody would be a fool to leave a job to go to another job to work for someont they're unfamiliar with, especially with a staffing agency.
You've got nothing to loose, so why not call them out on this? I've done it.

jchapman

Back to top Go down

Post by Springflowers Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:31 pm

[ My credit score has tanked even though I've paid everything on time, but they note that my bank account is low!

Americans need to stop being slaves to these numbers.

Refuse to even give credibility to them.

If I had a kid, Id tell them no credit cards and who cares if you have no credit, just do not borrow anything.

I cant believe they lowered your credit score based on you having a low bank account, that is sick. These agencies have no accountability, that is what is scary.

Springflowers

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:19 pm

I lie about being employed and I have no problems with it. I need work. If lying is a sin then God and I can talk about it later, I am almost a 99er and I have a job interview next week. I have to get this.

As far as credit goes, I have had bad credit for many, many, years. I have never been denied a job for that reason. I don't think they can do, or at least willing to do, a background check that shows employers. They will check your criminal background and that is it.

I have a reference set up to tell any prospective employer that I currently work for him part time. I also tell them, if they ask, that I started doing landscaping on the side since I lost my job and because they economy is bad I need some extra money to help make ends meet.

I feel like this makes me look like I haven't been sitting on my butt "doing nothing" for 2 years. I don't even think that they call references much anyway. I have had a few interviews and the reference I have set up to be my present one has never been called.

I would like to add though, that I am not applying for lofty positions and I have learned to live on very little money they last few years. This may not work if you are trying to land some big corporate job.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:22 pm

I totally agree with you lendmeflight2. Except it is not lying, it survival. Just because your not collecting income, doe not me your not working. Did Jesus have a paying job? That settles answering to God.

It is only been since the early 1900's that workers had regular incomes. Most workers before that lived on farms in this country. Paid when the crops came in.

This is all made up crap that the employers have to rule people out. Just like references. You some times have to call, it like it is. Nobody should be ruling anyone out, unless they committed a felony and are illegal. Anybody that tells you different then it is time to standup to that jerk and look him right into the eye. Enough said.

The problem is these jerks, just like Cantor, will twist the facts. Try to show even the President is a troublemaker. Call it like it is, just like the President did yesterday. He finally got it!

Start standing up for yourself. If you have a job gap of more than 3 months, then you need to fix it according to 19th century and before facts. This putting an end date is only a recent phenom made up by HR skunks! These 73 Companies Won't Hire You If You Don't Have A Job 34243

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:09 pm

Lie, yes. I wish I had when I was out of work.

Looking at the homeowner's insurance bill for my mom's house, now that she's passed...It's Allstate. That's gonna stop, and they're gonna hear why from me. And I mean that in a bad way.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:47 am

Springflowers wrote:
[ My credit score has tanked even though I've paid everything on time, but they note that my bank account is low!

Americans need to stop being slaves to these numbers.

Refuse to even give credibility to them.

If I had a kid, Id tell them no credit cards and who cares if you have no credit, just do not borrow anything.

I cant believe they lowered your credit score based on you having a low bank account, that is sick. These agencies have no accountability, that is what is scary.

Agreed, since being quietly and benignly phased in starting back in the 80's reliance on the often incomplete and/or inaccurate information of the 3 credit reporting agencies, Equifax, Experian and TransUnion has gotten out of control and needs to be curtailed of stopped completely. And now that people are getting wise to what that information is being used for (to disqualify people from getting loans, jobs, lowest possible insurance rates, etc.) I believe this will happen.
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum