Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Question on my situation EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Question on my situation EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Question on my situation EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Question on my situation EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Question on my situation EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Question on my situation EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Question on my situation EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Question on my situation EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Question on my situation EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Question on my situation EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Question on my situation EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Question on my situation EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Question on my situation EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Question on my situation EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Question on my situation EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Question on my situation

3 posters

Go down

Question on my situation Empty Question on my situation

Post by munster05 Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:39 am

I started collecting UC at the beginning of April, 2011 in Pennsylvania. From what I understand, unless something changes, I will receive my original 26 weeks of UC, then get 20 weeks of Tier 1 EUC, then if necessary and eligible I would receive an additional 13 weeks of EB. Is this correct ?

munster05

Back to top Go down

Question on my situation Empty Re: Question on my situation

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:43 am

munster05 wrote:I started collecting UC at the beginning of April, 2011 in Pennsylvania. From what I understand, unless something changes, I will receive my original 26 weeks of UC, then get 20 weeks of Tier 1 EUC, then if necessary and eligible I would receive an additional 13 weeks of EB. Is this correct ?
No, not necessarily. There are only 13 states that will continue to pay EB when federal extensions stop. You should check with the PA unemployment office to see if PA is one of those states. If not, your benefits will end when you exhaust Tier 1.

Back to top Go down

Post by munster05 Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:58 am

From what I understand Governor Corbett signed to extend EB for PA, I was just verifying in the PA forum.

munster05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:09 am

munster05 wrote:From what I understand Governor Corbett signed to extend EB for PA, I was just verifying in the PA forum.
That is true, however, the majority of states base EB on the federal extended unemployment compensation program (EUC08), which is due to expire on 12/31/11. After that date, you will finish whatever tier you are on and that is it, unless PA is one of the 13 states that continue EB when federal programs expire.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:23 am

Edit to above post:

Currently there are 9 states that pay state Extended Benefits when federal extensions end, based on the unemployment rate in that state (P.L. 102-182).

• Alaska
    Connecticut
    Kansas
    New Hampshire
    North Carolina
    Oregon
    Rhode Island
    Vermont
    Washington

This may have been amended, adding 4 more states, however, I cannot find additional information. Please call your state unemployment office to verify.

Back to top Go down

Post by munster05 Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:44 am

Thanks for the info.....this is from the PA website...does this not make PA one of those states ? I take this to mean that once I expire my regular UC & tier 1 of EUC I would be eligible for regular EB ?

"Governor Corbett has signed legislation allowing up to thirteen weeks of regular EB to remain payable in Pennsylvania after June 11, 2011. If you are unemployed and have a balance of EB remaining after the week ending June 11, 2011, you will be able to resume filing for benefits with week ending June 18, 2011. This law change does not allow for the continued payment of High Unemployment Period EB (HUP EB) after June 11, 2011, even if a HUP EB balance remained on the claim."

munster05

Back to top Go down

Post by munster05 Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:48 am

Also I thought the EUC does not expire until June 9th, 2012 ? This is so confusing.

Information about EUC:

EUC will end by phasing out. The phase out of EUC is based on the date a claimant exhausts regular, state UC or their current tier or EUC, as follows:

If you exhaust your regular UC benefits no later than the week ending December 24, 2011, you may be eligible for Tier 1 EUC.
If you exhaust Tier 1 or Tier 2 EUC benefits no later than the week ending December 31, 2011, you may be eligible for the next tier of EUC.
The last week that EUC may be paid is the week ending June 9, 2012.

munster05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:54 am

To all PA Members who have questions. I cannot urge strongly enough that we do not advise anyone on how this will work, as we have seen many times in the past, it depends on the Unemployment Rate and at what levels States trigger off.

Please contact the UC Service Center 1-888-313-7284. I am sorry you will have to wait or receive a return call, however, the only people who can help you plan ahead are the people in the UC Service Centers. They can give you the correct information about your claim only. Remember, with the way these laws have changed, your claim information depends on the date your claim was initially filed.

Please all, contact 1-888-313-8284 and speak directly to a UC Representative.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:09 am

MaryKay wrote:To all PA Members who have questions. I cannot urge strongly enough that we do not advise anyone on how this will work, as we have seen many times in the past, it depends on the Unemployment Rate and at what levels States trigger off.

Please contact the UC Service Center 1-888-313-7284. I am sorry you will have to wait or receive a return call, however, the only people who can help you plan ahead are the people in the UC Service Centers. They can give you the correct information about your claim only. Remember, with the way these laws have changed, your claim information depends on the date your claim was initially filed.

Please all, contact 1-888-313-8284 and speak directly to a UC Representative.
Any member from ANY state who will fall off a Federal tier after December 24, 2011 should call their state unemployment office to see if their state will continue EB when the federal program ends. Again, there are very few states that will continue EB when EUC08 ends, despite the unemployment rate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:21 am

munster05 wrote:Also I thought the EUC does not expire until June 9th, 2012 ? This is so confusing.

Information about EUC:

EUC will end by phasing out. The phase out of EUC is based on the date a claimant exhausts regular, state UC or their current tier or EUC, as follows:

If you exhaust your regular UC benefits no later than the week ending December 24, 2011, you may be eligible for Tier 1 EUC.
If you exhaust Tier 1 or Tier 2 EUC benefits no later than the week ending December 31, 2011, you may be eligible for the next tier of EUC.
The last week that EUC may be paid is the week ending June 9, 2012.

The key word here is "PAID". This would mainly apply to only those who who QUALIFY for Tier 1 on December 24, 2011. Again, as it currently stands, your benefits will end when you exhaust whatever tier you are on as of December 24, 2011. State EB is NOT guaranteed after this date - call your UI office for further information on your state's law regarding this.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinball Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:37 pm

After 20 wks of tier 1, you would then go on to tier 2 for 14 more weeks if it is still available. EB comes into play after tier 3 as of now.

pinball

Back to top Go down

Post by munster05 Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:46 am

Thanks Pinball, but the way it looks I would not be eligible for tier 2 benefits because my tier 1 benefits would end after December 31, 2011 ?
The first week that I filed regular UC was 3/26/2011 so as of right now how I see my situation and correct me if im wrong, is that I am at least eligible for my original 26 weeks which would end week ending 9/17/2011, then file for tier 1 EUC for an additional 20 weeks which would take me up until week ending 2/11/2012, which is after 12/31/2011 so I would not be eligible for tier 2 EUC, but may be eligible for PA state EB of 13 weeks or another 14 weeks of tier 1 EUC if HR 589 passes ?

munster05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:50 am

PA # is 888-313-7284. Before you make any arrangements or financial plans, I cannot urge you strongly enough to contact the PA UC office. We can all speculate and guide you based on how it happened for us, but the rules have changed considerably. Please, contact your UC Rep.

They may tell you to call back when you are closer as these things can change based on uc rate in your state and it's changing monthly across the country. Good luck and hopefully you will get the answers that will help you to plan.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinball Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:45 pm

All tiers have expiration dates. All of the present tiers have expired & been extended several times. The tiers can & do disapear. You may be better off to keep that mindset and do whatever you can to enhance your employment opportunities now. Don't wait till the last minute. 99 weeks snuck up quickly for alot of people.

pinball

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:36 am

munster05, you are from PA - even if there is another extension of deadlines before the end of the year, your state does not qualify for Tier 4. Also, EB is now only 13 weeks there. If Congress does not extend EUC08, you may not even get state EB after you exhaust Tier 1 in Feb. Again, there are only a handful of states that continue EB when the Federal Program shuts off.

Don't wait to seriously start looking for a job - the longer you are out of work, the harder it is to find another job.

Right now, I would NOT count on anything past Tier 1 for you, ending in Feb. Call your state UE office regarding the continuation of EB when the Federal program ends!

Back to top Go down

Post by munster05 Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:07 pm

Thanks everyone for your help. Trust me I have been trying to gain employment again from the day I was downsized in March. I worked as a Manager for a VERY large Healthcare Insurer based out of Minneapolis(that should narrow it down) for 21 years only to be let go for no apparent legitimate reason. I have probably put in resumes for 30+ management jobs since I was downsized and have had about 6 interviews. I just wanted to know what to expect as far as UC, EUC, & EB since it is really tough to find a decent job in this economy.

munster05

Back to top Go down

Post by Riled American Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:49 pm

Hey MM, How ya doin?
Riled American
Riled American

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down