Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Obama ignores 99ers during Twitter Town Hall EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Obama ignores 99ers during Twitter Town Hall EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Obama ignores 99ers during Twitter Town Hall EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Obama ignores 99ers during Twitter Town Hall EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Obama ignores 99ers during Twitter Town Hall EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Obama ignores 99ers during Twitter Town Hall EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Obama ignores 99ers during Twitter Town Hall EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Obama ignores 99ers during Twitter Town Hall EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Obama ignores 99ers during Twitter Town Hall EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Obama ignores 99ers during Twitter Town Hall EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Obama ignores 99ers during Twitter Town Hall EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Obama ignores 99ers during Twitter Town Hall EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Obama ignores 99ers during Twitter Town Hall EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Obama ignores 99ers during Twitter Town Hall EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Obama ignores 99ers during Twitter Town Hall EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Obama ignores 99ers during Twitter Town Hall

+9
Hunterforjobs
gettheminNOVEMBER
stansmad
TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA
TR11005
exhaustedandtired/1208
Redpossum
Falcon7
Jobless_in_Ma
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Obama ignores 99ers during Twitter Town Hall Empty Obama ignores 99ers during Twitter Town Hall

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:02 am

Yet again they came flooding in, questions from 99ers on twitter to their President, the shadow people who exist seemingly without acknowledgement by employers and their Government. A Government they have paid for, a Government that they have had a hand in choosing.
President Obama never sees the metaphorical outstretched hand of the 99ers during these town halls, never picks the questions from the 6 million consumers who can’t pitch in and help this economy, the soon to be homeless, and the parents of children whose futures never will be. All invisible, all helpless without leaders willing to lead.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Obama ignores 99ers during Twitter Town Hall - National liberal | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/liberal-in-national/obama-ignores-99ers-during-twitter-town-hall#ixzz1RQ77OksQ

Back to top Go down

Obama ignores 99ers during Twitter Town Hall Empty Re: Obama ignores 99ers during Twitter Town Hall

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:28 am

It's a crying shame. Completely ignored AGain!!
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Obama ignores 99ers during Twitter Town Hall Empty Re: Obama ignores 99ers during Twitter Town Hall

Post by Falcon7 Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:24 am

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:It's a crying shame. Completely ignored AGain!!

Did you really expect anything else??

Falcon7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:28 am

Falcon7 wrote:
Jobless_in_Ma wrote:It's a crying shame. Completely ignored AGain!!

Did you really expect anything else??
I seriously did. Then I saw the news conference last night about his new stance on Social Security cuts and I think it is time to "No" to him in 2012 - or threaten to, our numbers are in the millions and would have a huge impact on the elections!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:46 am

I hate to say this but Romney isn't looking too bad right now. He's pretty moderate.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Redpossum Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:57 am

I knew this was going to happen. Obama's handlers never allow anything unscripted. This whole event was staged, from start to finish, the questions were selected in advance.

It was nothing but a dog and pony show.

I hate Obama so much right now, there are no words to express my rage and anger.

Redpossum

http://possumhole.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:59 am

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:I hate to say this but Romney isn't looking too bad right now. He's pretty moderate.
Never thought I'd see the day when I would agree with this statement. affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:01 pm

This is an outrage. We need to start protesting. Its obvious they dont pay attention the numerous polls about this. Most Americans said they DONT want him to cave and DONT want them to touch SS. I guess what we want or think just doesnt matter. The only thing that will get through to them MAYBE is if we have massive, consistent, Egypt style protests. Sorry if this sounds inflammatory but I just dont care about that right now. We have been complacent too long.

I don't know how to get people together for it, but I do know that this is obviously the next step. I dont care if they have to call in the national guard or if I get arrested for protesting, it will be well worth it. WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING AND IT HAS TO HAPPEN SOON!

We are losing our Nation to greed and corruption. IT HAS TO STOP!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:30 pm

I think we all need to remain calm until we actually have a release on what is and what is not on the table. Bloomberg and msnbc are reporting that this is a banner "headline". Keith Ellison was on this morning with Morning Joe disputing the headline. The cuts are to come as they have said in administering the programs where they know they can cut it's on the "costing" side. Medicare Part B prescription plan and the administration of SS not in the payouts. Let's just wait and see. They are meeting now and nothing that leaks can be believed until it comes from one of them. Obama ignores 99ers during Twitter Town Hall 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:34 pm

As far as being ignored. Well, we kind of knew it was coming when they finally released the details yesterday morning, it was a twitter townhall, not a Presidential Twitter Town Hall. We should not have been completely ignored I agree, but now we handle it our way and we keep up the pressure. Tomorrow's jobs report looks anything but promising, housing just as bad, so when we are all not paying any taxes and receiving no benefits and mortgages and rents are not being paid and our utilities are being disconnected in large numbers and insurance companies are losing our business not just in healthcare, but car, home, life and we stop buying altogether, they'll listen. Watch how fast. Obama ignores 99ers during Twitter Town Hall 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Redpossum Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:44 pm

MaryKay wrote:As far as being ignored. Well, we kind of knew it was coming when they finally released the details yesterday morning, it was a twitter townhall, not a Presidential Twitter Town Hall. We should not have been completely ignored I agree, but now we handle it our way and we keep up the pressure. Tomorrow's jobs report looks anything but promising, housing just as bad, so when we are all not paying any taxes and receiving no benefits and mortgages and rents are not being paid and our utilities are being disconnected in large numbers and insurance companies are losing our business not just in healthcare, but car, home, life and we stop buying altogether, they'll listen. Watch how fast. Obama ignores 99ers during Twitter Town Hall 34243

Well, Mary Kay, I do politely disagree with your call to remain calm.

If we wait until the details are known, the deal will already be done, and it will be too late to change anything. That is the problem with reactive approaches; you cede the initiative to the opposition.

The time for calm moderation is past. Now is the time for bold, outspoken action. We have every right to be totally outraged, and the Obama apologists have zero remaining credibility. To paraphrase Bushboy Junior, you're either with us, or you're with the Republicans. There is no longer any credible or acceptable excuse for attempting to rationalize the President's betrayal of the American people.

Redpossum

http://possumhole.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:46 pm

I always rant and vocalize my anger and frustrations but I am going to say what I feel without provoking! But Obama has really played the middle by jumping on the republican bus. He has no true loyalties to his party. He thereby has caused his fellow dems. to now have to weigh their political future by having to ride the bus with him and play both ends or they can rebel and take a stand and let him know that this is their party! When Obama plays the middle he is doing this to influence both sides and make impressions how he is a moderate by siding with the repubs. But this should show every dem. voter he stands for nothing but his own political interest and will throw anyone under the bus for his gain! I'm waiting to see if there is a republican that can run on a principle of balance and weigh both sides of the isle and when anyone votes they know where the stand, and if a repub. runs on a moderate platform and leads voters to feel that maybe he can take careof problems on both sides of the isle, he may do well. But Obama has turned many different coats with no loyalties. But if there isn't any decent repub. I also hope Hillary runs. Bachmann will certainly assure Obama a second term. But Hillary will be a shoe in especially against Bachmann! But Obama will finagle her to be his VEEP! See if I am wrong next year! But right now, as I said over 18 mons. ago! I repeat!!!!! Unemployment and unemployed and the rate over 9% is the new acceptable norm! We are like other countries and no longer the land of dreams and achievements. Its a land of survival of the fittest! Those with money on both sides are of interest to both parties! But unemployed and SS folks are now sacrificial lambs! With liberty and justice for all!!! Is a worn out phrase and term!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:48 pm

Redpossum wrote:
MaryKay wrote:As far as being ignored. Well, we kind of knew it was coming when they finally released the details yesterday morning, it was a twitter townhall, not a Presidential Twitter Town Hall. We should not have been completely ignored I agree, but now we handle it our way and we keep up the pressure. Tomorrow's jobs report looks anything but promising, housing just as bad, so when we are all not paying any taxes and receiving no benefits and mortgages and rents are not being paid and our utilities are being disconnected in large numbers and insurance companies are losing our business not just in healthcare, but car, home, life and we stop buying altogether, they'll listen. Watch how fast. Obama ignores 99ers during Twitter Town Hall 34243

Well, Mary Kay, I do politely disagree with your call to remain calm.

If we wait until the details are known, the deal will already be done, and it will be too late to change anything. That is the problem with reactive approaches; you cede the initiative to the opposition.

The time for calm moderation is past. Now is the time for bold, outspoken action. We have every right to be totally outraged, and the Obama apologists have zero remaining credibility. To paraphrase Bushboy Junior, you're either with us, or you're with the Republicans. There is no longer any credible or acceptable excuse for attempting to rationalize the President's betrayal of the American people.
I agree. We have been "calm" for too long and now we seem to be even worse off than we ever were. EUC08 will be ending in December, millions will be without a lifeline and now there is a great possibility that Social Security and Medicare will be cut. The time has come to be proactive. For three years, we have been "reactive" and we are still sitting here with no jobs and no future.

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:27 pm

Many of us 99ers are now on early SS benefits. Being forced to in order to survive. We as sick and tired of all this. Many of us will still have to work for years.

We need to be mad as HELL!!! The future looks pretty grim. Where is our Declaration of Independence from these bad people that run this country. May they rot in Hell!

Listening to the same thing all the time, with the same results. That is INSANITY! The government needs to be woke up. None of us want a 911, but now it is time to be pushy!

If nothing is resolved out of those meetings the next few days. Then we must take action.

The real question is how soon, verses when. When is enough a enough out of these bums! Where is our shot that was heard around the world. We need to order them that we don't play any more!MAD MAD

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:08 pm

My call to remain calm was not a call to inaction. There are many rumors afloat today and after the disappointment of yesterday we are angry. My reference to calm was the report/banner/headline that is stating only part of the facts that are now being reported on the various news stations. I will believe what happens, when and if it happens, that is all I meant. The Wash Post headline is a leaked story as of this morning and I don't believe it is the whole story. That's allI meant. I do not think we give up or stop advocating and have said so several times in the last 24 hours and if you think I am not angry as well you are wrong. I will not however, participate in violence or threats on peoples lives or well being. That's who I am. I have been here almost since the beginning and for the purpose of getting us the help we so desperately need. When I joined last year I was already a 99er and advocated for the extension of benefits and started the letter for the 99ers and tweeted my little fingers off on more than one occasion after Desp. so kindly gave me a tutoring session. I have no intention of leaving or not continuing the fight. On more than one occassion I have wanted to smack Eric Cantor and Mitchell McConnell's smug expressions right off their faces all by myself. I am just not someone who wants to post threats or take part in acts that are violent, I still don't believe it will get us anywhere. There is a deal that needs to be made in Wash DC and very soon or benefits and jobs will be nothing compared to what's needed if we default. There is a group in Washington DC aimed at killing the poor and what's left of the middle class, the Republicans and another group that is hell bent on what seems to me, a way to destroy the country and they are the Tea Partiers, all of whom have very little knowledge of the real world and like it or not, we are a country in the world's financial system. As we go, so go they. Am I really happy with the President today, not so much, would I run out like so many last November and just elect anyone to get rid of him, well, quite frankly, that really didn't help us at all did it? I am not an apologist for this or any President or Senator or Member of Congress and I do feel we are abandoned, I just feel it differently than you do.

Pat Buchanan made a statement on Morning Joe today about John Boehner having to be careful of what he agrees to, as he will not be elected again, especially by Tea Partiers if he gives away anything, he needs to keep his job he said. Well his job is what the good people of Ohio tell him his job is and according to the polls its JOBS,JOBS,JOBS, not worrying about keeping his job or making the Tea Party happy.

Compromises will have to be made by all at the table in order to not default. They need to make the right compromises that pinch everyone not just the poor and middle class, but they will need to to a little compromising there too, and it's been proven it can be done on the costing end of the budget. So much of this crap, and it's crap, is political theater at it's agonizing best, keeping the bases happy.

So, I am committed to being here and will continue to advocate as long as you will all allow me to, but I don't believe in headlines for the purpose of continuing the theater and as of right this minute there has been no deal. The next meeting is Sunday.

Back to top Go down

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:24 pm

Once again, we have been thrown under the bus. Think it would be a good idea for another Democrat or Independent to challenge Obama in 2012. I know that incumbents usually run unopposed, but in this case, maybe it would be better than what we have now. Bernie Sanders for President! LOL

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:51 pm

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA wrote: Once again, we have been thrown under the bus. Think it would be a good idea for another Democrat or Independent to challenge Obama in 2012. I know that incumbents usually run unopposed, but in this case, maybe it would be better than what we have now. Bernie Sanders for President! LOL
I wish Bernie was about 4 years younger! I think he is 81 or 82 now and with the stress of the Presidency, probably wouldn't make it through a term - hmmm, maybe Hilary could be the VP! What a great team that would be!

Back to top Go down

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:11 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA wrote: Once again, we have been thrown under the bus. Think it would be a good idea for another Democrat or Independent to challenge Obama in 2012. I know that incumbents usually run unopposed, but in this case, maybe it would be better than what we have now. Bernie Sanders for President! LOL
I wish Bernie was about 4 years younger! I think he is 81 or 82 now and with the stress of the Presidency, probably wouldn't make it through a term - hmmm, maybe Hilary could be the VP! What a great team that would be!

What a great idea!

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:19 pm

I would LOVE to see Hillary back in the race!! That would make my day!

Back to top Go down

Post by stansmad Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:54 pm

Redpossum wrote:I knew this was going to happen. Obama's handlers never allow anything unscripted. This whole event was staged, from start to finish, the questions were selected in advance.

I hate Obama so much right now, there are no words to express my rage and anger.
Was there ever any doubt ? The story I read a couple days before this "town hall" stated in the first paragraph that he he would take "selected" questions. He is always in campaign mode.

stansmad

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:00 pm

stansmad wrote:
Redpossum wrote:I knew this was going to happen. Obama's handlers never allow anything unscripted. This whole event was staged, from start to finish, the questions were selected in advance.

Was there ever any doubt ? The story I read a couple days before this "town hall" stated in the first paragraph that he he would take "selected" questions. He is always in campaign mode.

So fellow unemployed WHAT HAS THE RIGHT DONE HUH? PLEASE TELL ME besides CUT BENEFITS in RED STATES.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:00 pm

The questions weren't chosen by Obama they were pre selected by the vp of Twitter the guy who did the interviewing. He chose not to select questions from 99ers and I said this in the other thread and was accused of being negative LOL.

The VP from Twitter had his own agenda, again these townhalls on twitter are not for the public but advertising for twitter, competing with facebook, if Marc whats his name of FB hosted it, I'm sure he'd let the unemployed ask the questions but it wasn't. Not really a fan of FB but at least I'm more familar with it.

Last edited by Hunterforjobs on Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:02 pm

GEE ALL 82 FRIGGEN Co-SPONSORS are DEMOCRAT for the 99ers bill. SAY IT RIGHTIES DEMOCRATS SUPPORT THE 99ers BILL 589!
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by stansmad Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:15 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:GEE ALL 82 FRIGGEN Co-SPONSORS are DEMOCRAT for the 99ers bill. SAY IT RIGHTIES DEMOCRATS SUPPORT THE 99ers BILL 589!
OKAY , THEN WHY DOESN'T YOUR (D) PRESIDENT RESPOND TO THE ISSUE ? WHY NOT PUT IT IN AS A POSSIBLE BARGAINING CHIP IN THE DEBT NEGOTIATIONS ?

stansmad

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:18 pm

stansmad wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:GEE ALL 82 FRIGGEN Co-SPONSORS are DEMOCRAT for the 99ers bill. SAY IT RIGHTIES DEMOCRATS SUPPORT THE 99ers BILL 589!
OKAY , THEN WHY DOESN'T YOUR (D) PRESIDENT RESPOND TO THE ISSUE ? WHY NOT PUT IT IN AS A POSSIBLE BARGAINING CHIP IN THE DEBT NEGOTIATIONS ?

WHY IS YOUR PARTY MAKING IT A BARGINING CHIP THAT IS MEAN THING TO DO. MAKE MILLIONS OF UNEMPLOYED PEOPLE A CHIP! PATHETIC!

REALLY GREAT PARTY YOU SUPPORT. THEY USE POOR PEOPLE AS A BARGINING CHIP WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by gettheminNOVEMBER on Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next