Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
No Federal Extended Benefits For People Laid Off as of July 1 - Program Ending EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
No Federal Extended Benefits For People Laid Off as of July 1 - Program Ending EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
No Federal Extended Benefits For People Laid Off as of July 1 - Program Ending EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
No Federal Extended Benefits For People Laid Off as of July 1 - Program Ending EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
No Federal Extended Benefits For People Laid Off as of July 1 - Program Ending EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
No Federal Extended Benefits For People Laid Off as of July 1 - Program Ending EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
No Federal Extended Benefits For People Laid Off as of July 1 - Program Ending EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
No Federal Extended Benefits For People Laid Off as of July 1 - Program Ending EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
No Federal Extended Benefits For People Laid Off as of July 1 - Program Ending EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
No Federal Extended Benefits For People Laid Off as of July 1 - Program Ending EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
No Federal Extended Benefits For People Laid Off as of July 1 - Program Ending EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
No Federal Extended Benefits For People Laid Off as of July 1 - Program Ending EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
No Federal Extended Benefits For People Laid Off as of July 1 - Program Ending EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
No Federal Extended Benefits For People Laid Off as of July 1 - Program Ending EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
No Federal Extended Benefits For People Laid Off as of July 1 - Program Ending EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

No Federal Extended Benefits For People Laid Off as of July 1 - Program Ending

+6
fredm74
TR11005
Jerry
gettheminNOVEMBER
mistermunster
Angelicrisis
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

No Federal Extended Benefits For People Laid Off as of July 1 - Program Ending Empty No Federal Extended Benefits For People Laid Off as of July 1 - Program Ending

Post by Angelicrisis Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:22 pm

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

No Federal Extended Benefits For People Laid Off as of July 1 - Program Ending Empty Unemployment: No Extended Benefits For People Laid Off From Now On

Post by mistermunster Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:49 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/30/unemployment-no-extended-benefits_n_887656.html

Don't know if this has been posted, didn't see it anywhere.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

No Federal Extended Benefits For People Laid Off as of July 1 - Program Ending Empty Re: No Federal Extended Benefits For People Laid Off as of July 1 - Program Ending

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:52 pm

If the right was smart they would push for the extensions. The true unemployment would be know and most likely around 16 to 18 percent. This would make Obama look really bad.

Obama thinks if he wills the economy to get better it will improve Wrong Obama the economy needs a wet nurse.

Then you have Boehner and Mcconnel whose only goal is to make Obama fail. Its worse than a rock and a hard place. Its more like Jeffery Dhamer and John Wayne Gacy the unemployed are stuck between.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

No Federal Extended Benefits For People Laid Off as of July 1 - Program Ending Empty Re: No Federal Extended Benefits For People Laid Off as of July 1 - Program Ending

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:58 pm

Angelicrisis beat ya to it. Just merge them.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:58 pm

HR589 is tied to EUC T1 = EUC goes, HR589 finally deader than dead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:09 pm

I like the analogy. I also wonder how all of this is going to affect the 99ers. Are they seriously going to let this large amount of Americans suffer when the top 2% are profitting this much and all of the funding for the wars is taking from the economy as well. once again Dhamer and Gacy ....great analogy.

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:13 pm

I merged the two topics.

The only way things will get done for the 99ers is if they hit the streets in masses.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:24 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:I merged the two topics.

The only way things will get done for the 99ers is if they hit the streets in masses.

Thanks Getthem. as I just read on one of my comments on the article
"The Gravy train" has come to a halt. I could'nt help but think the gravy train for who, Corporations?

I'm amazed at what has transpired this year. What is to come rather it be protest or not I just can't help but shake the feeling people are being herded like cattle.

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:54 pm

Angelicrisis wrote:

Thanks Getthem. as I just read on one of my comments on the article
"The Gravy train" has come to a halt. I could'nt help but think the gravy train for who, Corporations?

I'm amazed at what has transpired this year. What is to come rather it be protest or not I just can't help but shake the feeling people are being herded like cattle.

Same here and I think the right has over stepped their bounds. Look at WI and what is happening. The peoples voices are being heard and look at the recalls. All of this BS is intertwined. The only reason they are union busting is to break the back of the dem voter base. Where can I line up to break rich people to GETTHEM BACK?
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:17 pm

Agreed wholeheartedly. The line is a long one. I just hope Karma has it's day.

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:52 pm

They don't have to hit the street - they're already IN the street!!!

Jerry

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:07 pm

Actually. if you get laid off, many states the min amount is 20 weeks, not 26. So actually you have 12 weeks more and still collect extensions. I know, I was penalize the whole entire extensions with 20. Instead 99, I got about 80 weeks.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:13 pm

Jerry wrote:

They don't have to hit the street - they're already IN the street!!!

Good point When I say hit the streets I mean make some NOISE! Yes we can be LOUDER!!! No Federal Extended Benefits For People Laid Off as of July 1 - Program Ending 562135

gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:20 pm

We can be much louder!!!! They are working all weekend, we should make it a point to contact all of them. Give them something to work on.

Back to top Go down

Post by fredm74 Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:26 pm

I am truly in the state of shock. I can't believe this is happening. What happened to the 13-month extension that Obama signed back in December? Has the world gone crazy?

Can't they just cut out Tier 3 and 4 and extend Tier 1 with the HR589? I think Federal extended benefits are CRUCIAL to this economy. Whether Obama wins re-election or not, next year the economy will still be in shambles. This is a loooooong road to recovery.

fredm74

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:26 am

This has nothing to do with 99ers. It just means that means that anyone laid off of from now on will simply be 26er's. This will be an absolute disaster. The 13 month extension is still in effect but anyone laid off now will not get to tier 1 before the deadline day.

We need to to prepare for this. We need to be here for these people because they are going to be in a world of hurt.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:36 am

lendmeflight2 wrote:This has nothing to do with 99ers. It just means that means that anyone laid off of from now on will simply be 26er's. This will be an absolute disaster. The 13 month extension is still in effect but anyone laid off now will not get to tier 1 before the deadline day.

We need to to prepare for this. We need to be here for these people because they are going to be in a world of hurt.

S H I T hits the F A N time maybe? The wake up time is coming.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:41 am

lendmeflight2 wrote:This has nothing to do with 99ers. It just means that means that anyone laid off of from now on will simply be 26er's. This will be an absolute disaster. The 13 month extension is still in effect but anyone laid off now will not get to tier 1 before the deadline day.

I hope you 100% right lendmeflight. You don't think this has any correlation with HR589 at all? It is tied to tier 1 and if they are cutting fed extentions for anyone filing after tommorow then what msg is that sending about the possible funding for HR589. Once again, I hope you are right once again, just asking for your stream of consciousness so to speak on the issue. It will def help me sleep better.

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by lstjr Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:44 am

I mean no offense to anyone here but this is BS. I appreciate all the work you have done , the emailes, faxes, tweets and phone calls and I've done my share because I thought our government would listen to us, and I used to believe in our government. But it seems clear they're not listening! The repugs are willing to destroy this country and starve/kill millions of people to get what they want, make the rich richer and get one of their thugs in office in 2012. The dems (I've been a life long dem) are just sitting there and saying “please sir, may I have another” although they seem to be growing a spine lately. I believe the only way they will listen is if we do “take it to the streets” I'm not advocating violence but I would be the first to throw a brick through a plate glass window, but I need someone to have my flank. I'm just saying there comes a point where enough is enough, we can all sit behind our PC's and keep doing the same thing we've been doing for a couple years and think thing will change (I think that's the definition of insanity) or we do something different. Blessed be.
lstjr
lstjr

Back to top Go down

Post by fredm74 Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:51 am

But as of tomorrow a 26er isn't going to qualify for Tier 1-Tier 4. As 99ers we are fighting to extend Tier 1 (HR589). I am confused as to why you don't think this latest bombshell doesn't affect 99ers?

It just doesn't make sense if by some miracle HR589 passes while 26ers don't even get Fed Ed.

Either way, this is going to cause an uproar and the Unemployment Rate will skyrocket. 26 weeks of unemployment just isn't going to cut it in this crappy economy.

I don't think this news has hit Twitter/Facebook yet. I am going to forward this link.

fredm74

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:53 am

I agree, I think its going to take drastic measures to get them to do something for 99ers.

Just to be clear though, this isnt referring to 99ers. Its referring to the benefits that are due to expire for everyone at the end of the year. It will be a hell of a fight to get them extended again.

there have been massive uprisings in other countries for equal or less than than what our government has been trying to doing to the american people. I fear too many Americans have become complacent or just feel defeated. We need to come together and PROTEST WI STYLE ALL OVER THE COUNTRY!! I cant believe we havent already.

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:02 am

lstjr wrote:I mean no offense to anyone here but this is BS. I appreciate all the work you have done , the emailes, faxes, tweets and phone calls and I've done my share because I thought our government would listen to us, and I used to believe in our government. But it seems clear they're not listening! The repugs are willing to destroy this country and starve/kill millions of people to get what they want, make the rich richer and get one of their thugs in office in 2012. The dems (I've been a life long dem) are just sitting there and saying “please sir, may I have another” although they seem to be growing a spine lately. I believe the only way they will listen is if we do “take it to the streets” I'm not advocating violence but I would be the first to throw a brick through a plate glass window, but I need someone to have my flank. I'm just saying there comes a point where enough is enough, we can all sit behind our PC's and keep doing the same thing we've been doing for a couple years and think thing will change (I think that's the definition of insanity) or we do something different. Blessed be.

Not a big advocater of violence either, but I do agree with you. They are passively aggressively killing millions of innocent people, and something does need to be done. My only thing is as I've said earlier it seems like that is the direction they are pushing us. I've already seen a lady get arrested in her on yard for video-taping the police, and just read where a handicapped kid got beat b/c he did'nt "communicate" properly. Peaceful protest are cornered with violent swat. We have already entered a police state.

With that being said I was raised to fight for my convictions, and right now I feel like I've been hit by a semi emotionally and physically especially today for some reason today . I just don't want to play into the hands of an establishment that has already proven they are slowly parraleling with Nazi-Germany during Hitlers run. Strong statement I know but imo the analogy definetly fits.

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:08 am

fredm74 wrote:

But as of tomorrow a 26er isn't going to qualify for Tier 1-Tier 4. As 99ers we are fighting to extend Tier 1 (HR589). I am confused as to why you don't think this latest bombshell doesn't affect 99ers?

It just doesn't make sense if by some miracle HR589 passes while 26ers don't even get Fed Ed.

Either way, this is going to cause an uproar and the Unemployment Rate will skyrocket. 26 weeks of unemployment just isn't going to cut it in this crappy economy.

I don't think this news has hit Twitter/Facebook yet. I am going to forward this link.

Why do I think it doesn't effect 99ers? Because it doesn't.

Anyone laid off after today will never be a 99er, they will be a 26er. If 589 passes it will be help everyone that becomes a 99er before January 2012 and they will be able to collect the full amount.

This is beyond the 99er issue. This is going to be a disaster to the tens of thousands that are losing jobs due to republican budgets like the ones here in NC.

Also, this isn't really news. We knew this was going to happen. My first piece of advice for people is to know your unemployment law, know how your states system works, keep up with it and know how many weeks you have left.

In response to your statement about fighting for the 99ers by extending tier one I say we should be fighting for all the unemployed not just 99ers. Everyone will be a 99er early next year.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by fredm74 Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:18 am

lendmeflight2, THANK YOU. I was just a little agitated by this news. Yes, it makes sense now. I appreciate your knowledge on this.

fredm74

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:22 am

Angelicrisis wrote:

I hope you 100% right lendmeflight. You don't think this has any correlation with HR589 at all? It is tied to tier 1 and if they are cutting fed extentions for anyone filing after tommorow then what msg is that sending about the possible funding for HR589. Once again, I hope you are right once again, just asking for your stream of consciousness so to speak on the issue. It will def help me sleep better.

These are two different issues. If 589 passes tomorrow everyone that is a 99er passes tier 1 before January will get 14 extra weeks.
This is not some new legislation that past ending our federal benefits. This is the deal Obama made to keep it going as long as he could. If he had not passed that deal this would have happened in Summer of 2010 instead of January 2012. We all knew, or should have known, this would happen. Of course, the deadline could be extended again but I am doubtful that it will be. I have much more hope for the passage of 589 because that bill can be paid for (possibly) but a deadline extension could not be. There is no possible way that the house would pass a budget that would include enough funding for it.

This is as negative as you will ever hear me. I am not saying it won't pass but it won't be paid for. It will have to pass because we push for it, because we are in the streets for it, because we demand it. I qualify that by saying not because we demand it but because the working class at large demands it. This is our obstacle, our own kind is too against us. People who have jobs think we are lazy and don't want to work.

If I could organize everyone that was unemployed and get them to do my bidding I would have every unemployed person volunteer for the city and state of their own free will. I wouldn't even tell the state or city about it. I would try and get donations of uniform t shirts that say "unemployed civilian conservation corp", the UCCC, and we would, in huge numbers, do things that better our communities. I would call the media everyday. The national media would be all over this. This would destroy the stigma of being lazy and prove our worth and our will to work. The public would overwhelmingly demand benefits for us because they would see this as having earned them.

Then I would run for office.

I apologize for the tangent, carry on.

Last edited by lendmeflight2 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum