Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Retrospective Audits in FL? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Retrospective Audits in FL? EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Retrospective Audits in FL? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Retrospective Audits in FL? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Retrospective Audits in FL? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Retrospective Audits in FL? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Retrospective Audits in FL? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Retrospective Audits in FL? EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Retrospective Audits in FL? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Retrospective Audits in FL? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Retrospective Audits in FL? EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Retrospective Audits in FL? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Retrospective Audits in FL? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Retrospective Audits in FL? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Retrospective Audits in FL? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Retrospective Audits in FL?

2 posters

Go down

Retrospective Audits in FL? Empty Retrospective Audits in FL?

Post by BeachedinFL Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:56 pm

Hi all,

New to the boards, so I hope this is the appropriate place to post.

I've been un- and under-employed since March '09. Had a brief stint as a temp in a call center, a few freelance writing gigs here and there which have stretched out my benefits.

Last Fri I got a call out of the blue from unemployment -- they want details of all my job searches during 4 weeks in May and June.

I've heard of people having to give such info when they claim their weeks, but to produce it for the past? Is this legit? I was a bit skeptical -- I mean, why a phone call, don't they usually want everything in writing?

I told the lady I was not prepared to answer as I needed to be in front of my computer, so she gave me a number to call back. Before I do, I'd like some indication whether anyone else has run across this.

If it is legit, what happens if my info is sloppy or inaccurate, since, frankly, I never saw much reason to waste time and energy tracking the 99% of resumes that disappear into cyberspace with nary a response. . .

Color me cynical. . .

Thanks

BeachedinFL

Back to top Go down

Retrospective Audits in FL? Empty Re: Retrospective Audits in FL?

Post by lendmeflight2 Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:14 pm

Well, remember, you only need a certain amount a week. It's probably two, so you don't have to remember everyone of them. Personally I write down three different ones. They can technically check any of your weeks and you usually have to go in and show them so they can sign off.

I have had to do it in my state and as long as you have everything in order it's no problem.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:22 pm

Find out exactly how many you need per week. In PA it was 4. I always kept a log of reports I sent them. Go back over them and pick out 4 per week or 3 whatever you need. Make sure you have an email address, street address and whether you resonded from a job search or a posted ad in Classifieds. Many won't take walk ins anymore, so I used Human Resources as they rarely give you a name to send your resume to. I never had a problem and was never denied benefits. Just give them all your info. In PA they audit by mail, in NJ they do as well. Just make sure you have all your ducks in a row. They may ask you the outcome. You just tell them you haven't heard, are waiting to hear, or no response. Tell them what happened. Just make sure that you don't make anything up, sometimes they will check to see if Companies are at least hiring or when they have last posted on search boards.

Hope that helps. They are not singling you out though. States where the Governor's are looking to reduce benefits for budget reasons are doing this at will.

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:46 pm

In NC once you get one EB you have to go in once a month and give them your job search records. I have to go in the morning as a matter of fact, We have a form that has a place for three jobs. It has name, address, contact method, position applied for, and result. As long as you fill that up with the right info they will clear you. Just make sure have information.

The last time I was there people showed up with no job searches at all and one woman was writing addresses out of a phone book. They somehow let these people continue as well.

Just have everything together and you will be fine.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum