Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Dying Homeless Man's Final Wish to be Reunited With Dog EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Dying Homeless Man's Final Wish to be Reunited With Dog EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Dying Homeless Man's Final Wish to be Reunited With Dog EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Dying Homeless Man's Final Wish to be Reunited With Dog EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Dying Homeless Man's Final Wish to be Reunited With Dog EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Dying Homeless Man's Final Wish to be Reunited With Dog EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Dying Homeless Man's Final Wish to be Reunited With Dog EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Dying Homeless Man's Final Wish to be Reunited With Dog EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Dying Homeless Man's Final Wish to be Reunited With Dog EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Dying Homeless Man's Final Wish to be Reunited With Dog EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Dying Homeless Man's Final Wish to be Reunited With Dog EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Dying Homeless Man's Final Wish to be Reunited With Dog EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Dying Homeless Man's Final Wish to be Reunited With Dog EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Dying Homeless Man's Final Wish to be Reunited With Dog EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Dying Homeless Man's Final Wish to be Reunited With Dog EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Dying Homeless Man's Final Wish to be Reunited With Dog

4 posters

Go down

Dying Homeless Man's Final Wish to be Reunited With Dog Empty Dying Homeless Man's Final Wish to be Reunited With Dog

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:38 pm

A community came together to grant a homeless man his last wish.

That dying wish was to see his dog one more time.

It was a simple request, but one that meant the world to him in his final days.

People involved with the man’s last wish describe it as something they’ll never forget.

Now that he’s gone, they’ll always cherish the memories of the man and his best friend.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Dying-Mans-Final-Wish-to-be-Reunited-With-Dog-124040304.html

Dying Homeless Man's Final Wish to be Reunited With Dog 806957 Dying Homeless Man's Final Wish to be Reunited With Dog 448292

Back to top Go down

Dying Homeless Man's Final Wish to be Reunited With Dog Empty Re: Dying Homeless Man's Final Wish to be Reunited With Dog

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:48 pm

What a beautiful story. God Bless those who made it happen, and may that poor man rest in peace.

Back to top Go down

Dying Homeless Man's Final Wish to be Reunited With Dog Empty Re: Dying Homeless Man's Final Wish to be Reunited With Dog

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:55 pm

Our pets are are real best friends. It is true what they say about unconditional love.

Unfortunately I witnessed it twice two years ago. When my brother-in-law was in the final days of his life, his dog would not leave his side. He lay on the bed with him until after he passed and the funeral director came. Two months later, I saw the same thing with my dad's one-eyed shelter cat who was afraid of everyone but him. When my dad passed, she was laying at his side, and when the funeral director came, she practically attacked him for going near him. It was very sad, but also very touching.

That is why if it ever comes to a choice for me to have to give up my pets for a homeless shelter, I will pitch a tent in the woods before I ever give them up. They have gotten me through all this and I will never turn my back on them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Judi58 Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:27 am

I will never give up by best friend.. the only one who has been by my side... ( my picture avatar) she lays on my lap when I cry and attaches herself to me when I am depressed... she is the best and the only thing I can count on...
Judi58
Judi58

Back to top Go down

Post by couth11 Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:05 pm

I felt the same way before I became homeless in 2006, and am considering it, now. Realistically, you can't leave your pets undefended in a tent by themselves while you look for food or work. There are too many sick people in the world (and other hungry animals). And, if you can't feed yourself, what is your pet going to do? Rivers and streams are alive- they have lots of organisms that you your pet might not be able to handle.

I was lucky- I was able to find a neighbor who kept them for me, and let me pay her as I could for their food and litter. They really were my inspiration while I was homeless and job hunting. I won't be as lucky this time.

couth11
couth11

Back to top Go down

Post by couth11 Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:06 pm

It would be nice if more shelters were pet-friendly.
couth11
couth11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:55 pm

couth11 wrote:I felt the same way before I became homeless in 2006, and am considering it, now. Realistically, you can't leave your pets undefended in a tent by themselves while you look for food or work. There are too many sick people in the world (and other hungry animals). And, if you can't feed yourself, what is your pet going to do? Rivers and streams are alive- they have lots of organisms that you your pet might not be able to handle.

I was lucky- I was able to find a neighbor who kept them for me, and let me pay her as I could for their food and litter. They really were my inspiration while I was homeless and job hunting. I won't be as lucky this time.

I still refuse to give them up and I never will. There are some resources out there to help:

The Pet Network
Pet food banks, organizations that have supplies of cat and/or dog food available for pet owners who are going through difficult times.
Listings are organized by state, then city or town.

http://loveyourpetexpo.com/petfoodhelp.html

Website with nationwide links for low cost spay/neuter
http://www.lovethatcat.com/spayneuter.html

http://www.aspca.org/aspca-nyc/mobileclinic/

Pets of the Homeless Organization
http://www.petsofthehomeless.org/what-we-do

The Humane Society of America~Resources for Pet Owners
http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/resources/tips/trouble_affording_pet.html

Back to top Go down

Post by couth11 Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:53 pm

Those are all great links, and definitely should be passed on, but many depend on where you live, and whether or not they still have available money/resources. The aspca does what they can, but I know from my own experience, nobody came to get my 2 cats the first day I was homeless- and this was in the winter, and after several calls.

People do all they can to keep their families together, but sometimes it isn't possible, due to the circumstances they find themselves in. More reason to push for HR 589 and the creation of jobs.
couth11
couth11

Back to top Go down

Post by Judi58 Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:09 pm

couth11 wrote:Those are all great links, and definitely should be passed on, but many depend on where you live, and whether or not they still have available money/resources. The aspca does what they can, but I know from my own experience, nobody came to get my 2 cats the first day I was homeless- and this was in the winter, and after several calls.

People do all they can to keep their families together, but sometimes it isn't possible, due to the circumstances they find themselves in. More reason to push for HR 589 and the creation of jobs.

I am sorry really sorry that you went through this.. I dont judge we all do what we have too.
Myself I have many who would take my dog maybe before me.. But I am really sorry that it came to that for you...

I am so sick of it all.. Yes animals love you and you do what you have to making sure they are ok...

I am off to have a good cry because I cant handle the anger I feel... Sorry if my comment was inconsiderate not meant to be.. We do what we have too
Judi58
Judi58

Back to top Go down

Post by couth11 Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:42 pm

I am sick of it all, too. I hate what I see, I hate what I see happening to all of us. and I really hate that it is just a small group of politicians that are determining our fate, and who have made it next to impossible for us to get back on our feet. It is tearing us apart, and it is tearing our families apart.
There just are NOT enough jobs to go around. Some plants that left the US are going to close up shop overseas and come back, but big deal! Somewhere around the world someone else's life is about to be destroyed, and we are supposed to rejoice!

Either they need to create jobs, or they need to clear the way for us to create our own jobs or train for a new career- many of us are left out because we already have degrees some college and/or unwillingly defaulted student loans. Many of us seem to have been left out because of our age or ...just because...

I'd cry too, but I can't anymore. Let's just do our best to make sure that we are the last page in this miserable chapter of history. Hell stops here. No more Als.
couth11
couth11

Back to top Go down

Post by guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:04 am

I'm glad to see that some people still care and worked to make this happen, a dying man reunited w/ his beloved pet just one more time. Blessings to those who saw, and heard, and then acted to reunite them, giving that dying man and dog some comfort and peace of mind in the final hours, and Blessings to the young couple who adopted Yurt. I wish we saw more of this in this world....but what a sad commentary about our so-called civilized society.....a man homeless and no where to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by couth11 Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:07 pm

It is a beautiful story. Thank you for finding it, desp!
couth11
couth11

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:56 pm

Wow, I could cry. Judi58, is that a puggle?? Couth11, private message me with your pet info. I am in NC. I may be able to watch your critter. I love my 8 strays more than anything besides my kids.
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down