Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Governor Corbett Signs Unemployment Benefits Extension, Reform Bill - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Governor Corbett Signs Unemployment Benefits Extension, Reform Bill - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Governor Corbett Signs Unemployment Benefits Extension, Reform Bill - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Governor Corbett Signs Unemployment Benefits Extension, Reform Bill - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Governor Corbett Signs Unemployment Benefits Extension, Reform Bill - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Governor Corbett Signs Unemployment Benefits Extension, Reform Bill - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Governor Corbett Signs Unemployment Benefits Extension, Reform Bill - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Governor Corbett Signs Unemployment Benefits Extension, Reform Bill - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Governor Corbett Signs Unemployment Benefits Extension, Reform Bill - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Governor Corbett Signs Unemployment Benefits Extension, Reform Bill - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Governor Corbett Signs Unemployment Benefits Extension, Reform Bill - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Governor Corbett Signs Unemployment Benefits Extension, Reform Bill - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Governor Corbett Signs Unemployment Benefits Extension, Reform Bill - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Governor Corbett Signs Unemployment Benefits Extension, Reform Bill - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Governor Corbett Signs Unemployment Benefits Extension, Reform Bill - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Governor Corbett Signs Unemployment Benefits Extension, Reform Bill

+10
persecutorx
marsbars19335
Jane0218
JoanB
americatheneedy
c62ta68
laine25
Atctz
Dazed&Confused
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Governor Corbett Signs Unemployment Benefits Extension, Reform Bill - Page 2 Empty PA EB unemployment benefits RESTORED! - Gov. signs bill into law

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:18 am

First topic message reminder :

HARRISBURG—

— Just days before 45,000 Pennsylvanians were to lose unemployment benefits on Friday, the Republicans who control the Pennsylvania House and Senate said Wednesday they'd reached an agreement to keep the cash flowing even as they moved to wring future savings out of the system.

The state House began debate Wednesday evening on an amendment to an already-approved Senate bill that would tighten eligibility requirements and drive down costs by, among other things, requiring people to look for work and to spend their severance packages before receiving full benefits.
cheers
http://tinyurl.com/3bvwqsr

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Governor Corbett Signs Unemployment Benefits Extension, Reform Bill - Page 2 Empty Re: Governor Corbett Signs Unemployment Benefits Extension, Reform Bill

Post by laine25 Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:24 am

Thank you c62ta68 and Jane0218 for your concern about AZ. I'm only one person so it might help to have a letter with some signatures. This is why I love this site...the people here do really care!

I called all my legislators but only was able to talk to a staff member for my legislative district office. She was very sympathetic and told me my district representative, a Republican, Mr. McComish would have voted for the extension of EB, however, the other Republicans want tax incentives for businesses and this is the reason why no vote was taken. This staff member told me she has a relative who was out of work for over a year so she could relate. Our governor Brewer did not have a bill including tax incentives so the Republicans opposed helping 15,000 people. I would target Governor Brewer, Russell Pearce, Ron Gould. I'd like them to call an Emergency Session to restore EB. I'm meeting with a Democrat this morning to discuss. But the Republicans hold the majority here unfortunately. Russell Pearce is target of a recall movement. He is the President of the Senate.
laine25
laine25

Back to top Go down

Governor Corbett Signs Unemployment Benefits Extension, Reform Bill - Page 2 Empty Re: Governor Corbett Signs Unemployment Benefits Extension, Reform Bill

Post by Atctz Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:25 am

For Jane0218, the Hub 7 week payments will stop due to our unemployment level dropping below 8%. I don't know if they are still making HUb paymnts or not. This bill was to continue with the regular 13 week EB.
Atctz
Atctz

Back to top Go down

Post by marsbars19335 Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:39 am

Good morning,
If you are in the middle of the last 7 weeks of eb will you be paid or has that stopped even with the new bill?

marsbars19335

Back to top Go down

Post by Atctz Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:50 am

I believe that all Hub payments stopped after June 11th. Once this SB 1030 legislation is signed by our Governor the regular 13 week EB will continue, their will be a delay now that we have reached almost a week since they stopped processing payments. The 7 week Hub will not continue, just the 13 week regular EB.
Atctz
Atctz

Back to top Go down

Post by marsbars19335 Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:56 am

Thank you Atctz, I tried calling this morning and although the gentleman I spoke to was very nice, he could not answer that question for me as he did not know. I am surprised as I thought I would at least get my last three weeks.

marsbars19335

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:57 am

For all asking. This bill addresses the EB portion. PA triggered off the HUP-EB. If you need further information please call you local UC office and have them verify. EB was extended with the bill. HUP (High Unemployment Period) only remains in effect when the rate is above 8% in PA.

Back to top Go down

Post by marsbars19335 Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:28 am

MaryKay wrote:For all asking. This bill addresses the EB portion. PA triggered off the HUP-EB. If you need further information please call you local UC office and have them verify. EB was extended with the bill. HUP (High Unemployment Period) only remains in effect when the rate is above 8% in PA.

Thanks MaryKay, I did call mu UC office and the gentleman I spoke to could not verify this info for me as he was not sure what was in the legislature. Did the HUP-EB trigger off on the 11th? The only bright spot in this for me is I was not expecting to be paid for the week ending June 11, so that surprise was most welcome....me not receiving my last two weeks not so much! On the upside I have a job interview this morning. I am very thankful for the information I get of this board! Thanks again!

marsbars19335

Back to top Go down

Post by persecutorx Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:30 am

thank you kindly for everyone posting this information. Smile

persecutorx

Back to top Go down

Post by c62ta68 Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:49 pm

Good luck on your interview today they have not posted the news on the LABOR AND INDUSTRY WEBSITE YET FOR PA

c62ta68

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:13 pm

Good news PA folks. Took them long enough though...
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Atctz Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:29 pm

The Labor and Industry site never really post's stuff up to date. Their is always a delay. I'm guessing Corbett will sign this today and we will have a waiting week or so before the payments start again.
Atctz
Atctz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:58 pm

Anyone get paid for the week ending July 11th yet?

Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Atctz Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:04 pm

I got paid on Tuesday the 14th for the week ending the 11th. My guess will be once Corbett signs this bill we won't see payments for this week ending the 18th till probably the end of June. Say the 28th or 29th.
Atctz
Atctz

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane0218 Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:31 pm

MaryKay wrote:For all asking. This bill addresses the EB portion. PA triggered off the HUP-EB. If you need further information please call you local UC office and have them verify. EB was extended with the bill. HUP (High Unemployment Period) only remains in effect when the rate is above 8% in PA.
MaryKay,
Thanks for the post, but this doesn't answer my initial question, which I don't think I worded properly.
I'm aware HUP EB triggered off. On May 14 (or 20?), when the April state unemployment rates were posted by bls, it showed that PA's unemployment rate decreased to a point where HUP EB no longer triggered.
But there is some kind of waiting period before PA actually stops paying HUP EB. And that's what I'm trying to find out. At first I thought HUP EB would stop effective the date of the posting by bls of the April unemployment rates. But I kept getting paid! Someone posted that it doesn't trigger off immediately; there's a waiting period. I don't know if it's a month, or 6 weeks, but that's what I'm trying to find out.

So does anyone know how long after bls posts state unemployment rates for PA does the HUP EB officially stop being paid? Is it four weeks, six weeks? Something else?

I'm asking because I received 4 weeks of HUP EB after the posting of u/rates for PA. Maybe they pay for 5 or 6 weeks after the posting date. If so, then I need to file for this week at least. Does anyone know the official timing between the posting of u/e rates for PA and the stopping of HUP EB?

Thanks!

Jane0218

Back to top Go down

Post by Atctz Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:38 pm

I would still file for this week, their is nothing to lose. When I called The UC center last week I was told that all payments of EB and Hup would end after June 11th. I am assuming that once these EB payments start again they will not process Hup claims. It is really difficult to get an exact answer for your question since many of these UC reps know less about this stuff then many members on this forum do.
Atctz
Atctz

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvzKoalas Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:27 pm

Atctz, the payments this week were for the week ending June 4th. They're always a week and a half behind. I got paid Wednesday (June 15th) for the week ending June 4th. For the week ending June 11th, I mailed my EB form on Sunday (June 12) which would normally pay out June 22nd or June 23rd. Also, I received four new EB claim forms in the mail on Thurdsay, June 16th.

LuvzKoalas

Back to top Go down

Governor Corbett Signs Unemployment Benefits Extension, Reform Bill - Page 2 Empty Governor Corbett Signs Unemployment Benefits Extension, Reform Bill

Post by LuvzKoalas Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:39 pm

I just went to Governor Corbett's website and according to the News for Immediate Release letter dated June 17, 2011, Governor Corbett signed into law Senate Bill 1030.

The Department of Labor & Industry offers the following advice to Extended Benefits claimants:

Extended Benefits claimants should file next week, starting on Sunday, as they normally would by mailing the claim form for the week ending June 18.

LuvzKoalas

Back to top Go down

Governor Corbett Signs Unemployment Benefits Extension, Reform Bill - Page 2 Empty Governor Corbett Signs Unemployment Benefit Extensions (PA)

Post by LuvzKoalas Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:47 pm

According to Governor Corbett's website, there is a letter dated June 17, 2011 - News for Immediate Release. It states, in part, that Governor Corbett signed into law Senate Bill 1030 for the EB in PA.

One important part of the letter:

The Department of L&I offers the following advice to EB claimants:

EB claimaints should file next week, starting on Sunday, as they normally would by mailing the claim form for the week ending June 18.

LuvzKoalas

Back to top Go down

Post by couth11 Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:53 pm

THAT is the best news I've had in days!
couth11
couth11

Back to top Go down

Post by Atctz Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:20 pm

Thankfully we got these benefits restored. It really was so unnecessary for them to go down to the wire like this, but at least it got passed. My prayers now go to Arizona. Hopefully those house and senate leaders will see the light.
Atctz
Atctz

Back to top Go down

Post by Atctz Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:22 pm

Thanks for the info on payments LuvzKoalas. I hope I will still get another payment this upcoming week.
Atctz
Atctz

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane0218 Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:33 pm

Thanks to everyone who has posted factual information. It's really appreciated! I love you

I don't know if the instruction to certify for EB payments this week means all EB, regular & HUP, or not.

I don't understand why the reps we call at the 1-888 # don't know the answer to this.

There's got to be someplace in the law where it states how many weeks after the u/e rates are published that HUP EB stops. But I can't find it, so I'm going to send in my form anyway.

Jane0218

Back to top Go down

Post by c62ta68 Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:38 pm

yes had to do all that and no call back bunch of crap /thank God we kept our extended benefits

c62ta68

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2