Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
CBC Meetings With Obama Yield Nothing, EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
CBC Meetings With Obama Yield Nothing, EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
CBC Meetings With Obama Yield Nothing, EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
CBC Meetings With Obama Yield Nothing, EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
CBC Meetings With Obama Yield Nothing, EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
CBC Meetings With Obama Yield Nothing, EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
CBC Meetings With Obama Yield Nothing, EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
CBC Meetings With Obama Yield Nothing, EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
CBC Meetings With Obama Yield Nothing, EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
CBC Meetings With Obama Yield Nothing, EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
CBC Meetings With Obama Yield Nothing, EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
CBC Meetings With Obama Yield Nothing, EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
CBC Meetings With Obama Yield Nothing, EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
CBC Meetings With Obama Yield Nothing, EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
CBC Meetings With Obama Yield Nothing, EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

CBC Meetings With Obama Yield Nothing,

2 posters

Go down

CBC Meetings With Obama Yield Nothing, Empty CBC Meetings With Obama Yield Nothing,

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:35 pm

CBC Meetings With Obama Yield Nothing, White House Quiet on 5 CBC Requests

3 meetings… results? Of course, meeting is better than not meeting. But if nothing results from meeting… what is the point? To this point, the White House has given no indication it will. Meanwhile, unemployment in the black community is double that of the national average with teen unemployment at a staggering 44%.

1. Publicly support or use the “bully pulpit” on… or
2. … speak out loudly on, or
3. … issue a “statement from the White House (or the Press Secretary or the President)” on, or
4. … push for legislation on… or
5. … or challenge House or Senate Republicans on … or
6. … push various cabinet secretaries on, or…
7. … Meet again in any detail on…

… any of the five points below…

Back to top Go down

CBC Meetings With Obama Yield Nothing, Empty Re: CBC Meetings With Obama Yield Nothing,

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:59 pm

The silence from WH on this issue amazes me.

Back to top Go down

CBC Meetings With Obama Yield Nothing, Empty Re: CBC Meetings With Obama Yield Nothing,

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:15 pm

We need to push the Congressional Progressive Caucus ASAP! They are starting a nationwide "Speakout for Jobs" tour that is focusing on job creation and under and unemployment. They have asked we contact them with our stories.

This caucus has strong leaders who are not afraid to speak out such as Rep. McDermott, Rep. Jackson, Jr. and Senator Bernie Sanders. Who can forget Bernie's one man, all day filibuster late last fall?

They are also promoting the "People's Budget", which includes funding for HR 589, as opposed to Ryan's "Path to Ruin".

They have asked us to contact them. Now it is up to us to do this. I fear this will be our last chance. They need to hear from ALL OF US, not just a few in order to get things moving. We are their ammunition against the GOP and we need to step it up also!

Send them your story now!
http://action.progressivecongress.org/p/salsa/web/questionnaire/public/?questionnaire_KEY=546

More info about the "Speak Out" tour:
http://speakouttour.com/

More information about the Congressional Progressive Caucus:
http://cpc.grijalva.house.gov/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:56 pm

Registered, emailed and sent my story. Please all, I urge you to do this also. There are many good people on this committee. We cannot not just lay down in defeat. We've had blows before, we'll have them again, keep screaming. CBC Meetings With Obama Yield Nothing, 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by mj33 Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:44 pm

Interestingly enough, Emanual Cleavor just recently came out with a message to american people about the economy and job creation, in an attempt to address the situation between now and labor day by partially asking for our involvement, as they will most likely be visiting cities etc... Whether or not this is in direct response as 'followers' to the CPC proactive approach with involving the people or trying to make themselves sound good, It's at least step in right direction, and Ive had some concrete ideas intend to share with them as for job creation, nothing that should be totally shocking, but not counting that it will wake them up at same time. I really am not thrilled about hearing the rhetorical lip service once again in the initial 30-45 sec's in blasting/blaming the 'other side' by 'spinning' and pointing fingers, realize its a pure politician talking as they only know how to, but its not best strategy for gaining support. Either way, we can put that all aside and hopefully generate some positive ideas into realistic solutions with employers and potential employees.

mj33

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:50 pm

There are many members of the CBC who are also members of the Congressional Progressive Caucus. This may be the what he was addressing. Cleaver himself is not a member of the CPC, but Reps. Lee, Jackson, Waters, Rangel and others are.

Something has to be done before Labor Day, time is running out very quickly!

Back to top Go down

Post by mj33 Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:55 pm

Good point, I was thinking about that also after I typed that too. Hm.. interesting. Waters and Boxer are in states averaging 29,000 exhaustees per week, so they would be best fit for wanting to actively participate alongside this being members that they are.

yes, absolutely before Labor Day indeed, theres NO WAY can go through entire month of August at this rate, we're talking major economic and poverty stricken issues, with evictions and homelessness on the rise, and living out of one's car and/or tents is NOT ACCEPTABLE, not even short term until we 'get back up on our feet'.

mj33

Back to top Go down

Post by jchapman Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:51 pm

Sick & Tired wrote:The silence from WH on this issue amazes me.
It might amaze you, but it infuriates me, & it certainly shouldn't surprise anybody.

jchapman

Back to top Go down

Post by mj33 Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:57 pm

is WH,the ways and means in the house or somebody else?

What type of response have we gathered as a group from David Camp and Orin Hatch's office in direct response to our calls about HR 589?? Im curious since they are two head honchos and wonder what lame arguments were getting from these two. My rep. in Ohio wasn't even aware of HR 589, shows how out of touch either she or her office staff was, and she is democratic party, and another from my hometown that represents probably one of very worst top few counties for unemployment rate in Ohio, JUST BECAME A COSPONSER of 589 yesterday, Tim Ryan.

mj33

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum