Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania

+4
Rose
Dazed&Confused
PamelaJo
mistermunster
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania - Page 2 Empty Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania

Post by mistermunster Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:49 pm

mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania - Page 2 Empty Re: Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:36 pm

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-06-14/arizona-lawmakers-let-jobless-aid-lapse.html

I pray God will help some of my neighbors. Makes me want to drive up to Phx and bunch them all in the nose. I would, if gas wasn't so expensive. Just plain evil, and now their mad at Brewer as well.

Back to top Go down

Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania - Page 2 Empty Re: Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania

Post by Dazed&Confused Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:06 pm

PA June 14, 2011 votes on third consideration

Votes on Third Consideration

HB 242 (Rep. Garth Everett)
HB 395 (Rep. Bernie O’Neill)
HB 424 (Rep. Robert Godshall)
HB 581 (Rep. Keith Gillespie)
HB 807 (Rep. Curt Sonney)
HB 1479 (Rep. John Payne)
SB 274 (Sen. Richard Alloway)
SB 1030 (Sen. John Gordner)

This last one is PA Unemployment SB 1030 and is on third consideration in the house, after that it is voted on by the assembly and signed. This is good news. I can't tell you how much ugly things you learn about government but you learn how it runs to. If you go to this page and in your "Find" box type 1030, you will see it on second consideration, then third consideration by the house. That would be it for the House, Not sure it has to go back to senate because of amendments but that is probably all worked out.. 1 more vote by the House 3 consideration, back to the senate (probably already approved), to the assembly and to Corbett by Friday, maybe Thursday.

This is what I got out of the house /senate website.

Here is the link http://pahousegopnews.com/Broadcast/ViewBroadcast.ashx?ID=1685

remember put in find box 1030 and you will see 2nd, 3rd consideration.

I think this is correct. Even the Rep. want this to go through.

Oh and even the senate and house think Corbett is a donkey, they tell him what to do.

Dazed
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Atctz Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:11 pm

Thanks Dazed, let's hope that this is it, and let's hope that AZ moves to pass their EB fix.
Atctz
Atctz

Back to top Go down

Post by c62ta68 Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:27 pm

THANK YOU DAZED YOU ARE ALWAYS ON TOP OF THINGS GOD BLESS

c62ta68

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:54 pm

What happened with the crappy amendments that they slipped in from H 916? Are they still in it?
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:34 pm

Joan, I think the house republicans are trying to keep a few of them in, holding up the final vote in the house, probably get that tomorrow. Now the senate says they don't like 2 the little changes, sooooooooo, who I don't know but it is awful quiet. It will be okay, they said they will stay until Friday for the fix. Fix it now, deal with the other stuff later. is what I say. They are not going to give up all this money that spurs the economy and will get the republicans thrown out next year. I am so disgusted. They knew about this since March.....Dazed
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:25 pm

Well I am sorry to report, but it's been posted that AZ Republicans pushed back on Gov. Brewer and did not pass the extension today.
Please all in AZ and PA, don't sit silently by.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:38 pm

Update Pennsylvania

June 14, 2011
A Quick Unemployment Update.
Total People in Discussion: 0
Categories: Current Affairs, PA Governor, Politics
We've been told that talks are continuing between the House, Senate and Corbett administration in an effort to reach an agreement on legislation preserving federally funded unemployment benefits for 45,000 Pennsylvanians.

Those state residents will lose benefits by Friday if the House and Senate cannot come to agreement on a Senate bill that tightens eligibility requirements in an attempt to save about $120 million a year in future spending.

Assuming things go to plan, the House could vote as soon as tomorrow on a Senate bill that require jobless Pennsylvanians would be required to actively seek work; wait longer to receive unemployment benefits if they receive a severance package and face stricter eligibility requirements if they voluntarily quit a job.

Lawmakers must pass the bill, and Gov. Tom Corbett must sign it, by Friday, to avert Pennsylvanians from being dropped from the jobless rolls.

The House-added language governing voluntary quitting and so-called "willful misconduct" is considered too harsh to pass the Senate. But House Republican leaders have to tread carefully: if they make the bill too lenient, they risk losing GOP votes on the bill. Some Republicans also want language included to pay down the roughly $3.8 billion the state owes to Washington in borrowed unemployment benefits.

Nonetheless, House Majority Mike Turzai, R-Allegheny, was optimistic about the chances for an agreement.

"They're getting there. It's close," he said. Senate Labor & Industry Committee Chairman John Gordner, R-Columbia, has said he wants to pass the extension bill now and tackle so-called "solvency" issue in the fall.

Senate GOP spokesman Erik Arneson said talks are continuing and have been productive.

"We're optimistic we'll get this worked out," he said.

In Pennsylvania, the average weekly unemployment payment is $310, capped at a maximum of $564 a week, a Labor & Industry Department spokesman said.

Jobless Pennsylvanians now receive a maximum of 93 weeks of benefits. Starting June 11, seven weeks of benefits are set to expire. If the 13 weeks also expire, the jobless would receive a maximum of 73 weeks of benefits.
Permalink | Comment | Linking Blogs | Add to del.icio.us | Digg It
June 14, 2011

http://blogs.mcall.com/capitol_ideas/ Just trying to help. Dazed
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by laine25 Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:32 am

No, MaryKay, I'm not sitting silently. I have been writing and calling my representatives, even the President. But it doesn't seem to do any good. Our politicians don't care if 15,000 Arizonans have their benefits cut. It will hurt our economy even more.
laine25
laine25

Back to top Go down

Post by c62ta68 Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:47 pm

Thanks Mary Kay praying for everyone !!

c62ta68

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:09 pm

Yes laine I think it will. I still urge all members in these two states to stay on it, I know you have tirelessly, but both states are willing to do it just getting push back, I am writing and will push back harder. Nothing is over until it's signed, I know, but don't be silent. Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania - Page 2 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Atctz Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:13 pm

If anyone gets any info as to where the PA EB fix sits please post. I have been looking all over but cannot find anything new for today.
Atctz
Atctz

Back to top Go down

Post by c62ta68 Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:24 pm

yes please thanks guys if I do I will post also

c62ta68

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:40 pm

Silence no more from PA House. I have just received this email from GOP Representative John Taylor at 2:32:

(my name), I believe we reached a compromise with this bill and it will be passed within this week.

Representative John Taylor

Man, I hope he is right. Amen and Pray. Dazed

Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by c62ta68 Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:43 pm

YES I HAVE BEEN PRAYING ALL ALONG LETS HOPE AND KEEP THE FAITH DAZED

c62ta68

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:45 pm

I have been writing the Representatives all morning. I finally got an answer, so glad. Yes, just pray.
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Atctz Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:52 pm

Thanks for posting Dazed.
Atctz
Atctz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:04 pm

Dazed&Confused wrote:Silence no more from PA House. I have just received this email from GOP Representative John Taylor at 2:32:

(my name), I believe we reached a compromise with this bill and it will be passed within this week.

Representative John Taylor

Man, I hope he is right. Amen and Pray. Dazed

I wrote to all of these GOP Representative today, and this is how I got this response. Please go to http://www.paaflcio.org/?zone=/unionactive/view_page.cfm&page=Top20Labor20News

and write these GOP Reps, they are the ones the AFL-CIO says are on our side for a unamended SB1030. It won't take too much time. Please do it.

Dazed
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Atctz Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:06 pm

I will, thanks Dazed.
Atctz
Atctz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:17 pm

Thank you Atctz. Dazed
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:13 pm

If there are any lurkers out there who need some words to help you get started, here are some of mine (I believe in the catching flies with honey approach):

Dear Rep. XXX,

Please stand by the Pennsylvanians who have stood by you. Despite the improving job numbers we've seen recently, many families in Pennsylvania are still hurting. We need your help in supporting an unamended SB1030. And please keep in mind that few government expenditures so directly help the economy as does unemployment compensation--these are dollars that will immediately be recirculated into the Pennsylvanian economy!

Thank you in advance for support and for your continued public service.

Your friend and constituent,

JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:49 pm

Thank you Joan. I thought I posted this a few minutes ago. Please all in PA and AZ, continue to call and email. I will as well. Thanks again Joan. Great words.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum