Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
PA unemployment office is incompetent!  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
PA unemployment office is incompetent!  EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
PA unemployment office is incompetent!  EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
PA unemployment office is incompetent!  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
PA unemployment office is incompetent!  EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
PA unemployment office is incompetent!  EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
PA unemployment office is incompetent!  EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
PA unemployment office is incompetent!  EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
PA unemployment office is incompetent!  EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
PA unemployment office is incompetent!  EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
PA unemployment office is incompetent!  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
PA unemployment office is incompetent!  EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
PA unemployment office is incompetent!  EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
PA unemployment office is incompetent!  EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
PA unemployment office is incompetent!  EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

PA unemployment office is incompetent!

Go down

PA unemployment office is incompetent!  Empty PA unemployment office is incompetent!

Post by 08pacollegegrad Wed May 25, 2011 11:19 am

I don't see how these people can get jobs and keep them when they are absolutely worthless at what they do. They are zero help whatsoever to me no matter how frequently I call and ask the tough questions.

They have cut off my unemployment again, this time I haven't received money in over a month, over a job that I worked at for NINE DAYS. This was only a part time job that was truly meant to hold me over until I got something better. Mind you, I was let go after those nine days for "not working fast enough." That's hardly a valid reason to deny someone unemployment, but when I called in and told them I left, they said they couldn't pay anymore benefits until they sent my employer the separation form.

So a few weeks passed with no word from the unemployment office. I called again and they told me that my employer never got the first separation form because they claimed they couldn't deliver it for some reason. Apparently, someone spelled the name of the city wrong so it never got to my employer's corporate office. The guy on the phone said oh we need another address from you because this is in your best interest blah blah blah. Fine. I gave them an address off my pay stub, which is for the franchise owner. I told them clearly it was the only other address I had so don't go bugging me to get another one (in addition to giving them the corporate address, I gave them the address for the store where I actually worked...no idea why they didn't just send it to the store instead. Sigh.).

So then they send it there I guess...and it's now past that deadline. I just got off the phone with them today and they said they have no records of the form being returned. They said they'd give a note to the adjudicator (spelling?) and they'd have it checked on and see if they needed anything else from me. I asked if I could talk to someone else, and the rep, whose name I didn't get because they basically mumbled it, was not very nice to me. When I couldn't hear them say something, they practically screamed at me. Then he/she said there was no one else I could talk to and I would just have to wait to hear something. I can't believe there was no offer for me to speak with a supervisor or something.

I am sick of PA unemployment's antics, and since I can't really get any other calls back right now, I am just going to have to keep putting up with them. I interviewed for a full time job last week, but have heard nothing yet, so I am going to follow up with them today. I think I would fit in really well and the people I met with seemed to like me...the one woman was telling me all about the benefits and we had a really good convo. But I know this could mean nothing anymore, because I've heard so many stories of people who think their interviews went great and then they don't get the job. So while I am hoping, I am not counting on it.

It's sad what these people are putting me through for a job I had for not even 10 days, and I lost it through no fault of my own. Just give me the money already. This was a high turnover kind of business that I worked for (think retail/fast food/etc.), so I doubt they even remember me anymore. It's so annoying.

08pacollegegrad

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum