Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Google Alerts regarding "PopVox.com" EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Google Alerts regarding "PopVox.com" EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Google Alerts regarding "PopVox.com" EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Google Alerts regarding "PopVox.com" EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Google Alerts regarding "PopVox.com" EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Google Alerts regarding "PopVox.com" EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Google Alerts regarding "PopVox.com" EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Google Alerts regarding "PopVox.com" EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Google Alerts regarding "PopVox.com" EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Google Alerts regarding "PopVox.com" EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Google Alerts regarding "PopVox.com" EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Google Alerts regarding "PopVox.com" EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Google Alerts regarding "PopVox.com" EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Google Alerts regarding "PopVox.com" EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Google Alerts regarding "PopVox.com" EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Google Alerts regarding "PopVox.com"

4 posters

Go down

Google Alerts regarding "PopVox.com" Empty Google Alerts regarding "PopVox.com"

Post by Ron S Sat May 21, 2011 2:46 pm

https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/112/hr589/.../oppose

To all forum members who utilize “Popvox” and are concerned with the outcome of HR 589: The link above may perhaps be a cause for some degree of consternation regarding the unbiased congressional reporting entity that “Popvox” portrays itself to be. This particular link came up automatically in my daily email "google alerts" prompt, which allows me to track any new developments for this HR 589 bill in the news and blogosphere.

Specifically, this particular link directs you to a page on “Popvox” that sets one up to immediately oppose this bill rather than to the home page where one would start off with a choice of whether to support or oppose HR 589, or any other bill for that matter. I am not sure if this is a “Google Alert” default/defect, or if the “Popvox” website is at issue causing this glitch to occur, or that this particular instance is a combination thereof. However, previously, when my “Google Alerts” have picked up “Popvox” it always directed me to the “Popvox” home page, so this is the first time this type of seemingly “voter steering” has occurred. This reminds me of what sometimes has occurred in residential real estate when realtors purposely “steer” or “red line” certain ethnic groups to or away from certain areas in order to adhere to an ulterior agenda. I report this incident since this forum does promote the use of “Popvox”, which I have previously utilized in the past. I know from past use of “Popvox” that when one chooses to leave a comment with their support or opposition to a given bill, that Popvox will significantly contain one’s message by limiting the “character count” and also try to editorialize to a degree by toning down comments it deems as perhaps too inflammatory. I am not trying to arrive at a “rush to judgment” or indictment of “Popvox” undeserving so. However, I am concerned why this apparent glitch occurred with steering me directly to the opposition page for HR 589, just assuming that is what my position was to this bill, which it most definitely is not.

Ron S
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Google Alerts regarding "PopVox.com" Empty Re: Google Alerts regarding "PopVox.com"

Post by Guest Sat May 21, 2011 2:50 pm

Thanks for the info. I am going to disable it for now. When the issue is resolved or there is further clarification, I will put it back.

Back to top Go down

Google Alerts regarding "PopVox.com" Empty Re: Google Alerts regarding "PopVox.com"

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Sat May 21, 2011 3:19 pm

Ron S wrote:https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/112/hr589/.../oppose

To all forum members who utilize “Popvox” and are concerned with the outcome of HR 589: The link above may perhaps be a cause for some degree of consternation regarding the unbiased congressional reporting entity that “Popvox” portrays itself to be. This particular link came up automatically in my daily email "google alerts" prompt, which allows me to track any new developments for this HR 589 bill in the news and blogosphere.

Specifically, this particular link directs you to a page on “Popvox” that sets one up to immediately oppose this bill rather than to the home page where one would start off with a choice of whether to support or oppose HR 589, or any other bill for that matter. I am not sure if this is a “Google Alert” default/defect, or if the “Popvox” website is at issue causing this glitch to occur, or that this particular instance is a combination thereof. However, previously, when my “Google Alerts” have picked up “Popvox” it always directed me to the “Popvox” home page, so this is the first time this type of seemingly “voter steering” has occurred. This reminds me of what sometimes has occurred in residential real estate when realtors purposely “steer” or “red line” certain ethnic groups to or away from certain areas in order to adhere to an ulterior agenda. I report this incident since this forum does promote the use of “Popvox”, which I have previously utilized in the past. I know from past use of “Popvox” that when one chooses to leave a comment with their support or opposition to a given bill, that Popvox will significantly contain one’s message by limiting the “character count” and also try to editorialize to a degree by toning down comments it deems as perhaps too inflammatory. I am not trying to arrive at a “rush to judgment” or indictment of “Popvox” undeserving so. However, I am concerned why this apparent glitch occurred with steering me directly to the opposition page for HR 589, just assuming that is what my position was to this bill, which it most definitely is not.

Thanks!!!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 22, 2011 12:59 am

Good spot... has someone taken the action to contact PopVox about this?

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sun May 22, 2011 12:34 pm

Ron S wrote:https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/112/hr589/.../oppose

I clicked on the link you posted and it says page does not exist Question
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron S Sun May 22, 2011 1:21 pm

Google Alert - hr 589 blogurl:http://www.crewof42.com
Google Alerts <googlealerts-noreply@google.com>
Add to Contacts
Web 1 new result for hr 589 blogurl:http://www.crewof42.com

Comment on H.R. 589: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion ...
Explain why your Members of Congress should oppose H.R. 589. Letter Writing Tips . I oppose H.R. 589: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of ...

Ron S
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sun May 22, 2011 1:25 pm

Ron S wrote:Google Alert - hr 589 blogurl:http://www.crewof42.com
Google Alerts <googlealerts-noreply@google.com>
Add to Contacts
Web 1 new result for hr 589 blogurl:http://www.crewof42.com

Comment on H.R. 589: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion ...
Explain why your Members of Congress should oppose H.R. 589. Letter Writing Tips . I oppose H.R. 589: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of ...

Join or LoginBlogPressAboutHomeBills in CongressOrganizations

Page Not Found
The page you were looking for does not exist!

If you came from another website, please inform them that their link is broken. If the link was from another part of this website, please contact us using the link at the bottom of the page.

You can go back to our homepage.

This is what comes up when I click the link.

gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron S Sun May 22, 2011 1:35 pm

Okay....this link must be loosing its intended navigation when I transfer it from my email to this website on a cut and paste maneuver. All I can do is forward my email with this link to the webmaster of this forum if they intend on doing anything further if they need it as evidence.

Ron S
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sun May 22, 2011 2:28 pm

you can use the contact us form and send it via email.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum