Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
The funny thing is... EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
The funny thing is... EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
The funny thing is... EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
The funny thing is... EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
The funny thing is... EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
The funny thing is... EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
The funny thing is... EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
The funny thing is... EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
The funny thing is... EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
The funny thing is... EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
The funny thing is... EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
The funny thing is... EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
The funny thing is... EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
The funny thing is... EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
The funny thing is... EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

The funny thing is...

+9
ET
New_Wave_Princess
Jobless_in_Ma
gettheminNOVEMBER
mistermunster
MoInSTL
americatheneedy
tibetan113
joeschizo
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The funny thing is... Empty The funny thing is...

Post by joeschizo Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:41 pm

I've been unemployed for three years. I lost my home to forclosure and my credit score is ruined.

I figure it will take ten years after finding a job just to get back to where I was in life.

The funny thing is, I wasn't really happy before I lost my job. It's incredibly hard to get motivated because of that. Do I really want to break my back just to be another guy with a mortgage and an ungrateful wife?

I'm thinking of doing something radically different. I just don't know what it is yet.

joeschizo

Back to top Go down

The funny thing is... Empty Re: The funny thing is...

Post by tibetan113 Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:51 pm

Hi, I read your post and I think too many of us can relate. Its just not the same anymore. When nothing is stable where's our motivation?

I'm 29 and remembered years ago, when I had money in the bank, great credit and a new business venture to embark on I wasn't at my happiest because I was so stressed out about getting married at 26 and children at 28 and making sure my career was going to take off (blah blah blah) but I was def looking forward to things.

Then my health took a turn for the worst at the same time the economy went down and so did my credit and bank account in numbers because I had no medical insurance and now I have to struggle to get up every day because I am so fatigued. My motivation is very low these days and so is my unemployment check. I can't imigine feeling this worn out or worse the older I get No affraid
tibetan113
tibetan113

http://www.ourfamilyoffriends.com/?id=4651

Back to top Go down

Post by joeschizo Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:50 pm

I forgot to mention my medical bills... I suppose I need to file bankruptcy but I can't even find the motivation to do that.

The only things of material value that I have left are a couple of guitars. I guess I'll sell those on eBay before long as I never have the desire to play them anymore.

joeschizo

Back to top Go down

The funny thing is... Empty Bankruptcy

Post by tibetan1 Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:57 pm

I filed last year in February. Just find the cheapest route and be done with it. And yes it is a pain in the rear when it comes to dealing with taking the online classes but hey, you will be glad you did it. If you want to know who I went with PM me because i don't think I can post here.

tibetan1

Back to top Go down

The funny thing is... Empty Sorry that was me (above)

Post by tibetan113 Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:02 pm

I had no Idea I was a "guest" so I logged back in.

Maybe you should at least keep one guitar Sad
tibetan113
tibetan113

http://www.ourfamilyoffriends.com/?id=4651

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:19 pm

I get what you are saying. I tried my rear off for years to play by all the rules and be honest with everyone. Paid my bills on time. Now, I realize I should've just done what was best for me because NOT ONE creditor or family member I helped or anyone gave an iota when I became unemployed.

Last edited by americatheneedy on Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by MoInSTL Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:35 pm

I have sold just about everything I have of value. Sold 25 of my best & favorite CDs on Saturday and a compact stereo with speakers & remote tonight if that doesn't fall through. I even sold a gold domestic partners band. I have walked around the house and looked at all of my stuff to see if it can sell for anything on Craig's List.

I had perfect credit when I bought my house. I was able to sell it for a great price and buy here, but my credit is ruined. Since I own the house I can't file a Chapter 7 & Chapter 13 will cost me a couple of grand.
MoInSTL
MoInSTL

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:39 pm

Well, to tell you the truth. This 2+ year misadventure has opened my eyes to the poison that is "working" for the MAN, his banksters, low wages, and political coruption that has festered for many years. I'm keeping my head above water, Do I want another job? I guess so but I do have a problem with the very SYSTEM itself that CONTROLS the private sector. I mean, lets face it...WE are slaves to their whim, we have been ever since this whole idea got started. Once you realize this, then it's MORE confusing than ever. I lived by the OLD grey flannel suit ideology. That now is a LIE as we now see. So how can any of us follow this path again. I had a job for 28 years, played the LOYAL game etc. ONLY to get trashed along with 20 million others. I guess what I'm saying is having another full time gig is LEARY at best WITH an employer, because TRUST isn't there anymore and for them to get OUR trust back they have to show they can be trustworthy. At this point, that is a longshot.

I have been in the dark my whole life when it comes to politics. I trusted them all the joke is on me.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:43 pm

Happy to see you munster. cheers
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:44 pm

getheminNOVEMBER wrote:Happy to see you munster. cheers

staying on the fence guys!!! Cool Cool Cool

Can't step in SH!T there.LOL
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:55 pm

I trusted the politicians my whole life munster. The joke is on me.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:24 pm

This was a comment I found elsewhere and I thought it very appropreate

"Work hard and you will be successful" is just the Kool-Aid that they chose to drink. Work hard and you will be a cog in the machine that makes the wealthy more wealthy. Success stories do not take into account all the failures that resulted from "hard work".

Yeah, hard work can ALSO lead to failure, not much talk about that. I think all of us who worked HARD all these years ONLY to get the shaft. That's the NEW America the wealthy made.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:28 pm

mistermunster wrote:This was a comment I found elsewhere and I thought it very appropreate

"Work hard and you will be successful" is just the Kool-Aid that they chose to drink. Work hard and you will be a cog in the machine that makes the wealthy more wealthy. Success stories do not take into account all the failures that resulted from "hard work".

Yeah, hard work can ALSO lead to failure, not much talk about that. I think all of us who worked HARD all these years ONLY to get the shaft. That's the NEW America the wealthy made.

The biggest lie the government sold us is they follow some rule book. Nope its dog eat dog better sharpen your teeth.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:35 am

mistermunster wrote:

Good to see you. We welcome you!
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:58 am

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:
mistermunster wrote:

I didn't write this line Arrow Can't step in SH!T there.LOL where did it come from Question Question
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:02 am

mistermunster wrote:
Jobless_in_Ma wrote:
mistermunster wrote:

I didn't write this line Arrow Can't step in SH!T there.LOL where did it come from Question Question

Its my fault I hit the wrong button. I am new at this moderator stuff. Forgive me.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:05 am

getheminNOVEMBER wrote:
mistermunster wrote:
Jobless_in_Ma wrote:
mistermunster wrote:

Its my fault I hit the wrong button. I am new at this moderator stuff. Forgive me.

That was my response to you.LOL I was having problems quoting or hitting edit instead of quote?
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:12 am

getheminNOVEMBER wrote:
getheminNOVEMBER wrote:
mistermunster wrote:
Jobless_in_Ma wrote:
mistermunster wrote:

That was my response to you.LOL I was having problems quoting or hitting edit instead of quote?

gotcha! Wink
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by New_Wave_Princess Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:12 pm

mistermunster wrote:Well, to tell you the truth. This 2+ year misadventure has opened my eyes to the poison that is "working" for the MAN, his banksters, low wages, and political coruption that has festered for many years. I'm keeping my head above water, Do I want another job? I guess so but I do have a problem with the very SYSTEM itself that CONTROLS the private sector. I mean, lets face it...WE are slaves to their whim, we have been ever since this whole idea got started. Once you realize this, then it's MORE confusing than ever. I lived by the OLD grey flannel suit ideology. That now is a LIE as we now see. So how can any of us follow this path again. I had a job for 28 years, played the LOYAL game etc. ONLY to get trashed along with 20 million others. I guess what I'm saying is having another full time gig is LEARY at best WITH an employer, because TRUST isn't there anymore and for them to get OUR trust back they have to show they can be trustworthy. At this point, that is a longshot. I have been in the dark my whole life when it comes to politics. I trusted them all the joke is on me.

Hi Munster! I agree. This 3+ years of being unemployed has opened my eyes to a lot. I always played by the rules because we were told that's how we got a piece of the pie. I went to college and grad school, while working, doing internships, and still got great GPAs. After all, the idea goes good grades equals= good job. I have so many skills in many fields from marketing to accounting to computer training to broadcasting. I speak Spanish as well. Any employer would be getting three employees by hiring me.

However time and again I am bypassed while people I know with less skills get the job. My parents had these friends who had a son. He was your typical frat boy who barely graduated college because he spent college drinking kegs. Since mommy and daddy were paying he didn't worry about working either. So then he gets out of college and one of his frat brothers has a dad who's a bigwig at one of the public relations firms in Chicago. That the guy barely graduated college doesn't bother him at all. He's now a manager. I often wonder who got rejected from the job so frat boy could get it.

The ironic thing is before I lost my job I was severely depressed because it was job from hell with corruption and sexism. Now I wish I had any job to pay my bills.

New_Wave_Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by MoInSTL Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:19 pm

New_Wave_Princess, IMO it has a lot to do with age. I have never had such a hard time getting a job. In fact, in the past, I was almost always offered the position. I will be 56 in April. The economy has no room for older workers and particularly older women.
MoInSTL
MoInSTL

Back to top Go down

Post by New_Wave_Princess Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:23 pm

MoInSTL wrote:New_Wave_Princess, IMO it has a lot to do with age. I have never had such a hard time getting a job. In fact, in the past, I was almost always offered the position. I will be 56 in April. The economy has no room for older workers and particularly older women.
I know and it's scary. I am 40 (ugh) and though I don't look or act it, I am terrified I'll never work again. I've gotten so many illegal questions on interviews from my age (I look 15 years younger) to asking if I have kids (no) or planning to have any (possibly). I "pass" as Hispanic or Native American so I get interviewers "casually" asking me. I've never had this problem before. In fact 6 years ago I was offered 3 jobs at the same time, now I get rejected from jobs I fit to a t.

New_Wave_Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:23 pm

It does suck when you've worked for an employer for a long time just to lose your job because your manager has decided that they don't personally like you. Well, at least they were forced to pay for my unemployment and getting slapped down by the Michigan DOL.

Least I got 99 weeks of unemployment from them. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by ET Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:33 pm

New Wave.....40..you are just a babe! Wait til you hit the big 60!!! "End of the line for employees"... is what the train conductor yells as we get off the job train. Believe it or not, I have two interviews next week. They know my age (62). This should be interesting.
MisterMunster...I knew Fred Gwynne, when I lived in NYC, NY. One of the nicest people to ever know. Real and sincere.
ET
ET

http://ellenturner.coolpage.biz/

Back to top Go down

Post by MoInSTL Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:35 pm

I agree ET. At 40 I was just getting started!
MoInSTL
MoInSTL

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:38 pm

MoInSTL wrote:New_Wave_Princess, IMO it has a lot to do with age. I have never had such a hard time getting a job. In fact, in the past, I was almost always offered the position. I will be 56 in April. The economy has no room for older workers and particularly older women.

Age discrimination is rampant but there is really no way to prove it when it comes to trying to find work. I'm 59 and feel it deep in my bones that my age has worked against me even though I could bring a world of knowledge to a company and do a great job. Also, the longer we are out of work the harder it is becoming to even get an interview much less a job.

Like many here I to have become disenchanted with working for the man or even working at all. I have an interview with a "top" company on Friday but they are only hiring part time. I've been rejected so many times these past 2 years that I'm wondering what's the point but I keep trying in spite of myself. I have nothing to lose at this point because even if I'm rejected I don't have far to fall as my self-esteem is pretty shot.
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next