Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
CBC-99ers/Jobless Benefits Comes Up (again) During CBC Meeting With Obama  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
CBC-99ers/Jobless Benefits Comes Up (again) During CBC Meeting With Obama  EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
CBC-99ers/Jobless Benefits Comes Up (again) During CBC Meeting With Obama  EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
CBC-99ers/Jobless Benefits Comes Up (again) During CBC Meeting With Obama  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
CBC-99ers/Jobless Benefits Comes Up (again) During CBC Meeting With Obama  EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
CBC-99ers/Jobless Benefits Comes Up (again) During CBC Meeting With Obama  EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
CBC-99ers/Jobless Benefits Comes Up (again) During CBC Meeting With Obama  EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
CBC-99ers/Jobless Benefits Comes Up (again) During CBC Meeting With Obama  EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
CBC-99ers/Jobless Benefits Comes Up (again) During CBC Meeting With Obama  EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
CBC-99ers/Jobless Benefits Comes Up (again) During CBC Meeting With Obama  EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
CBC-99ers/Jobless Benefits Comes Up (again) During CBC Meeting With Obama  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
CBC-99ers/Jobless Benefits Comes Up (again) During CBC Meeting With Obama  EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
CBC-99ers/Jobless Benefits Comes Up (again) During CBC Meeting With Obama  EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
CBC-99ers/Jobless Benefits Comes Up (again) During CBC Meeting With Obama  EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
CBC-99ers/Jobless Benefits Comes Up (again) During CBC Meeting With Obama  EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

CBC-99ers/Jobless Benefits Comes Up (again) During CBC Meeting With Obama

+9
lennon5
TR11005
lendmeflight2
Jobless_in_Ma
Judi58
mistermunster
exhaustedandtired/1208
Angelicrisis
Abbie
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

CBC-99ers/Jobless Benefits Comes Up (again) During CBC Meeting With Obama  Empty CBC-99ers/Jobless Benefits Comes Up (again) During CBC Meeting With Obama

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 7:21 pm

The good news for 99ers: The President mentioned he wants to possibly attach the 99ers money to some other big piece of legislation somehow… which piece, how and when is unclear… The Congressional Black Caucus continues to bring the issue of unemployment benefits to the table. In this case the big table in the State Dinning room at the White House. Were it not for the persistence of Rep. Barbara Lee the issue would never be discussed in the White House. Much like so many other issues (high incarceration, programs for the poor, and so on) they focus on — almost no one else in Congress — is doing so.

http://www.crewof42.com/?p=5679

Back to top Go down

CBC-99ers/Jobless Benefits Comes Up (again) During CBC Meeting With Obama  Empty Re: CBC-99ers/Jobless Benefits Comes Up (again) During CBC Meeting With Obama

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 7:39 pm

Its about time!! I have been waiting to see something that says that they at least discussed 99ers and 589!

Back to top Go down

CBC-99ers/Jobless Benefits Comes Up (again) During CBC Meeting With Obama  Empty Re: CBC-99ers/Jobless Benefits Comes Up (again) During CBC Meeting With Obama

Post by Abbie Fri May 13, 2011 7:43 pm

Were it not for the persistence of Rep. Barbara Lee the issue would never be discussed in the White House.

Amen to that.
Abbie
Abbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 7:47 pm

Sick & Tired wrote:
The good news for 99ers: The President mentioned he wants to possibly attach the 99ers money to some other big piece of legislation somehow… which piece, how and when is unclear… The Congressional Black Caucus continues to bring the issue of unemployment benefits to the table. In this case the big table in the State Dinning room at the White House. Were it not for the persistence of Rep. Barbara Lee the issue would never be discussed in the White House. Much like so many other issues (high incarceration, programs for the poor, and so on) they focus on — almost no one else in Congress — is doing so.

I will bet that the "big piece of legislation" is HR 1745.

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbie Fri May 13, 2011 7:54 pm

I was thinking the debt ceiling deal and isn't there another budget this Fall? Well, I was thinking that until you mentioned 1745.
Abbie
Abbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 7:58 pm

I agree, I think it would be concessions on the debt vote.

We just have to keep our voices heard so they continue to know how many of us there are.

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Fri May 13, 2011 8:10 pm

I think the debt ceiling makes the most sense, especially considering it's going to have to be increased. It feels good to at least be noticed, and have some light at the end of the tunnel at the same time. Guess I'll get back to work...yep I have a job CBC-99ers/Jobless Benefits Comes Up (again) During CBC Meeting With Obama  137906 Emailing, and Faxing!!! Wink

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 8:20 pm

It made me feel much better to know that 99ers were at least discussed and that some sort of plan is being devised.

Keep up the good work everyone! We are being heard slowly, but surely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 9:03 pm

Abbie wrote:I was thinking the debt ceiling deal and isn't there another budget this Fall? Well, I was thinking that until you mentioned 1745.

Geitner pushed the Debt Ceiling deadline until mid-August. Still think it is 1745. If it is and they can work fast on a compromise, I think it will pass with no problem very quickly. That is, if they ever really start working. They are out again next week for their "District Work Session".

Maybe you can catch Boehner at his favorite watering hole next week! Let him buy you a few rounds! affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbie Fri May 13, 2011 9:25 pm

Wouldn't that really mean I bought my own drinks since he is on the government teat we all paid for? Sad Maybe I could make him cry? I bet I could.
Abbie
Abbie

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Fri May 13, 2011 9:29 pm

Sick & Tired wrote:It made me feel much better to know that 99ers were at least discussed and that some sort of plan is being devised.

Keep up the good work everyone! We are being heard slowly, but surely.

DITTO!!!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Fri May 13, 2011 9:34 pm

OK, Did anyone read the bad news on the link!! It seems t outweigh the good news. Also I said many times. President does not want to bring up anything about unemployment,, its a black eye or a negative and he wants to distance himself from it! Also the good news is just smoke to make them feel like he is supporting 589 but tis smoke! Why??? Because as the article says . What big piece of legislation?
what time frame?
So I again feel his answer is just a feely good answer and he has no intension's of doing anything. Its all smokin mirrors. Time will tell and I am hopeful however. because it ain't over til its over!! BUT???

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Fri May 13, 2011 9:36 pm

Under the article heading "bad news for 99 er's.. As I said and it agrees with me" It appears to be PR for 2012 vote pandering!! Good luck to all.. And we'll see!!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Fri May 13, 2011 9:44 pm

White House also seems to bothered by the idea of bringing “unemployment” up while at the same time arguing that “jobs are being added and things are “slowly improving As 2012 approaches, the White House would seem more interested in PR and pandering to certain vote blocks than in “doing the right thing.”.”

Obama should NOT have lied about the REALITY of the REAL jobs crisis then. Once AGAIN we are a POLITICAL HOT Potato and a skirted subject.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Judi58 Fri May 13, 2011 9:45 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:Under the article heading "bad news for 99 er's.. As I said and it agrees with me" It appears to be PR for 2012 vote pandering!! Good luck to all.. And we'll see!!

You are not alone in thinking that way... I felt that way from the start.. Obama wants back in office on the coats tails of the unemployed.. without helping the 99ers...
Judi58
Judi58

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Fri May 13, 2011 9:51 pm

I see this as nothing more than MORE of SAME lip service. They HAVE decided we the unemployed ARE HERE to stay and are NOT a problem as long as THEY ignore us.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 9:54 pm

Judi58 wrote:
exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:Under the article heading "bad news for 99 er's.. As I said and it agrees with me" It appears to be PR for 2012 vote pandering!! Good luck to all.. And we'll see!!

You are not alone in thinking that way... I felt that way from the start.. Obama wants back in office on the coats tails of the unemployed.. without helping the 99ers...

I am more optimistic about seeing the additional 14 weeks now more than I ever have been. Just have a feeling something is in the works.

Only my opinion, but I am sticking with it rather than feel defeated. I saw an article just before my computer was hacked that the CBC was being very quiet about the details of yesterday's meeting. I have to go back and look for that now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 10:27 pm

The bad news for 99ers: The
President does not seem deeply motivated to to actively support
unemployment benefits in general terms. He understands that getting
legislation through Congress without a trick play will be difficult.

From that same article from the Crew of 42. My opinion, the "major piece of legislation" is HR 1745 because it DOES renege on the Tax Compromise deal made in December. Everyone wins if HR 589 is attached to that. Both parties in Congress win because they helped the 99ers, and the President wins because he can say he signed it into law to help the long-term unemployed, even though this legislation dismantles the deal that was made in order for 4213 to pass.

The part I italicized seals it for me. The President is not a fool and knows that in order to get anything past the GOP, their has to be a "trick play'. HR 589 is the trick play, I believe.

That is only my opinion. Maybe I have lost my mind over the past 3 years living in unemployment hell, and the past 14 months living in poverty as a 99er, but that is my opinion and I am sticking to it.
affraid

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Fri May 13, 2011 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 10:36 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:

From that same article from the Crew of 42. My opinion, the "major piece of legislation" is HR 1745 because it DOES renege on the Tax Compromise deal made in December. Everyone wins if HR 589 is attached to that. Both parties in Congress win because they helped the 99ers, and the President wins because he can say he signed it into law to help the long-term unemployed, even though this legislation dismantles the deal that was made in order for 4213 to pass.

The part I italicized seals it for me. The President is not a fool and knows that in order to get anything past the GOP, their has to be a "trick play". HR 589 is the trick play, I believe.

That is only my opinion. Maybe I have lost my mind over the past 3 years living in unemployment hell, and the past 14 months living in poverty as a 99er, but that is my opinion and I am sticking to it.
affraid

I agree, that is my opinion as well. Its not all bad. It may very well work out that way.

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Sat May 14, 2011 9:21 am

Sick & Tired wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:

The part I italicized seals it for me. The President is not a fool and knows that in order to get anything past the GOP, their has to be a "trick play". HR 589 is the trick play, I believe.

affraid

I agree, that is my opinion as well. Its not all bad. It may very well work out that way.

If he has made such a trick play on yielding to the tax credits then how or why has the repubs. snookered him and now stand the chance of killing remaining extensions. Who got who! Trick play! What a joke. Obama's only trick play is to join the other side for votes. Thats his trick play! How in the world can you say he made a trick play! The repubs. wanted tax credits for the robbing rich and they compromised on the extensions to 12/31/11... they also had a trick play up their sleeve's that they knew they would introduce these two bills and kill his remaining extensions. Who tricked whom????

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 10:27 am

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:
Sick & Tired wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:

affraid

If he has made such a trick play on yielding to the tax credits then how or why has the repubs. snookered him and now stand the chance of killing remaining extensions. Who got who! Trick play! What a joke. Obama's only trick play is to join the other side for votes. Thats his trick play! How in the world can you say he made a trick play! The repubs. wanted tax credits for the robbing rich and they compromised on the extensions to 12/31/11... they also had a trick play up their sleeve's that they knew they would introduce these two bills and kill his remaining extensions. Who tricked whom????

I didn't say he made a trick play. Go back and read the article from the Crew of 42. It says the President knows the only way to get anything past the Party of No is to come up with a trick play. Those aren't my words, but I don't think Obama is a stupid man and he is fully aware of what he is dealing with.

I hope everyone remembers who the obstructionists are and how they have held every piece of legislation to help the average American person hostage until they got something out of it for themselves and their corporate thieves when they go to the polls in November 2012.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sat May 14, 2011 2:09 pm

Essentiallly is 1745 and 589 passes the 99ers will most likely get their weeks and the 26ers will get shafted.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Mon May 16, 2011 9:27 pm

Maybe this is what they want. To end the long term extensions thru end of year and give everyone 14 more weeks and thats it???

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Mon May 16, 2011 9:41 pm

sure they can do that, however wait till they see the repercussions from this. The economy will sink quicker than the titanic.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 9:50 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:Maybe this is what they want. To end the long term extensions thru end of year and give everyone 14 more weeks and thats it???

I really don't think that is what they have in mind. I think what they have in mind is to let the states with low unemployment rates use the money for other purposes. That was their reasoning during the W & M Committee hearing. No way they will just give 14 weeks to everyone and say that's it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next