Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Does anyone know ????? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Does anyone know ????? EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Does anyone know ????? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Does anyone know ????? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Does anyone know ????? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Does anyone know ????? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Does anyone know ????? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Does anyone know ????? EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Does anyone know ????? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Does anyone know ????? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Does anyone know ????? EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Does anyone know ????? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Does anyone know ????? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Does anyone know ????? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Does anyone know ????? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Does anyone know ?????

3 posters

Go down

Does anyone know ????? Empty Does anyone know ?????

Post by amelia81 Sat May 07, 2011 12:11 am

I need any advice I can get regarding my unemployment benefits; here is my story: I live on the TN/AL line in Tennessee and worked several years in AL until my company closed. I began my unemployment benefits and have not been able to find a job - anywhere. So, I am/was on HEB with about 2500 left. My money is direct deposited and when the money didn't go in my account 2 weeks ago, I called State of Al and was told Tennessee had stopped HEB. I said I did not understand since although my address is Tennessee, I WORKED AND PAID TAXES on the money I earned and was employed in AL. The lady on the phone told me to continue to complete my certification each week in case it was picked back up. Then, 2 days later, money was magically deposited into my account. Same the next week, money deposited - no problem. Then, yesterday I receive a letter dated 5/3/11 that stated "final payment notice". What the heck? I called AGAIN and was told that even though I had worked in AL, I lived in TN and TN cut out the HEB. Okay, that does not make sense to me. I have two questions that I hope someone can help me with: 1. Does that sound right that I worked in AL but am still getting cut off? 2. My aunt has a home in AL on the river- 20 miles from my home in Tn and she said that since I am driving to AL for job searches several days a week that I can stay at her river house. Can I do that and change my address on my certification if I stay in AL several nights a week? I don't want to do anything "shady"...I am just desperate and need advice and any help that I can get.

Thanks, and sorry for the rambling message!

amelia81

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know ????? Empty Re: Does anyone know ?????

Post by Guest Sat May 07, 2011 12:53 am

Welcome Amelia! Unfortunately I do know the answer to your question. Several states have discontinued paying EB or will be doing so in the near future. Alabama and Tennessee are two that have chosen to do so. I hope the information in the this link will be some help to you. Please feel free to ask questions, or just vent after you read it.

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t1865-states-that-will-end-eb-programs-is-your-state-here-update-nj-tn

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sat May 07, 2011 1:05 am

my understanding of the eb rule is that if you move to another state after your start collecting both states have to be eligible for benefits for you to collect. You could probably set up an address in Alabama and continue to collect, the only problem would be if you had to show up for a meeting or something.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 07, 2011 1:16 am

lendmeflight2 wrote:my understanding of the eb rule is that if you move to another state after your start collecting both states have to be eligible for benefits for you to collect. You could probably set up an address in Alabama and continue to collect, the only problem would be if you had to show up for a meeting or something.

TN and AL both stopped paying EB. I believe TN has already stopped and this may be the last week for AL.

I still can't believe they didn't inform anyone.

This is the list and tentative cut-off dates:
Utah - State EB ended April 2, 2011
The extended benefits would have helped 23,432 Utah residents, according to the National Employment Law Project.

North Carolina - State EB ended April 16, 2011
37,000 NC Unemployed lost current EB, program discontinued for those ending Federal Tier 4

Tennessee - State ended EB program on April 16, 2011
Please see this thread for further information: http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t1904-extended-benefits-confusion-as-federal-jobless-aid-expires-in-tennessee
Wisconsin - State EB discontinued at the end of April
No further updates.

Alaska, Alabama and Kansas - State EB discontinued after May 14, 2011
Mike Evangelist of the National Employment Law Project (NELP) predicts EB payments will stop in these states on May 14 unless local lawmakers take action.

Arizona, Pennsylvania, Washington, D.C. - State EB will end in June
New Jersey - Extended Benefit Program Bill signed into law by Governor April 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 07, 2011 8:57 am

backflip

Back to top Go down

Post by amelia81 Sat May 07, 2011 1:03 pm

UPDATE! I received 2 letters today from the state of AL. The first, dated 5/4 stated that my benefits have been exausted (even though I still have/had about 2500 remaining in benefits. Then - the second letter dated 5/5 states to please disregard letter regarding my benefits being discontinued and continue filing my weekly certification. What the heck??! crazy, huh?!!

p.s.-I live in TN but worked and file in AL.

amelia81

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 07, 2011 1:06 pm

WOW! That IS crazy!! Im glad to hear you will still get your benefits. They just gave you a heart attack for no reason! Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by amelia81 Sat May 07, 2011 2:47 pm

Sick and Tired - Ha! True about the near heart attack! I am not getting my hopes up though, I will believe it when I see it - or rather - when the money is in my account!

I have googled HEB for AL and cannot find anything definite as to whether they have 'for sure' discontined benefits. Any links I have found that people have posted just say "probably" going to.... Anyone know for sure??

amelia81

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sat May 07, 2011 3:51 pm

Alaska, Alabama and Kansas - State EB discontinued after May 14, 2011
Mike Evangelist of the National Employment Law Project (NELP) predicts EB payments will stop in these states on May 14 unless local lawmakers take action.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum