Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Rep. Levin says Republican bill threatens federal extended unemployment benefits EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Rep. Levin says Republican bill threatens federal extended unemployment benefits EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Rep. Levin says Republican bill threatens federal extended unemployment benefits EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Rep. Levin says Republican bill threatens federal extended unemployment benefits EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Rep. Levin says Republican bill threatens federal extended unemployment benefits EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Rep. Levin says Republican bill threatens federal extended unemployment benefits EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Rep. Levin says Republican bill threatens federal extended unemployment benefits EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Rep. Levin says Republican bill threatens federal extended unemployment benefits EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Rep. Levin says Republican bill threatens federal extended unemployment benefits EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Rep. Levin says Republican bill threatens federal extended unemployment benefits EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Rep. Levin says Republican bill threatens federal extended unemployment benefits EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Rep. Levin says Republican bill threatens federal extended unemployment benefits EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Rep. Levin says Republican bill threatens federal extended unemployment benefits EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Rep. Levin says Republican bill threatens federal extended unemployment benefits EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Rep. Levin says Republican bill threatens federal extended unemployment benefits EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Rep. Levin says Republican bill threatens federal extended unemployment benefits

+6
lendmeflight2
Judi58
Jobless_in_Ma
exhaustedandtired/1208
Angelicrisis
gettheminNOVEMBER
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rep. Levin says Republican bill threatens federal extended unemployment benefits Empty Rep. Levin says Republican bill threatens federal extended unemployment benefits

Post by Guest Fri May 06, 2011 1:54 pm

Rep. Sander Levin (D-Mich.), Ranking Member of the House Ways & Means Commttee, statement condemning the proposed legislation, the 'JOBS Act',
H.R. 1745 and S. 904:

“This is the opposite of a jobs bill – it is a hatchet job on the unemployment insurance program. With this legislation, Republicans are proposing to end this year’s guaranteed benefit for the long-term unemployed, just like they’ve proposed ending the guaranteed benefit for Medicare recipients,” said Levin. “At stake are extended benefits for more than 4 million unemployed Americans. This legislation takes money out of the pockets of the long-term unemployed and throws it to states.”

http://www.mlive.com/jobs/index.ssf/2011/05/houserep_levin_says_republican_bill_thre.html

Back to top Go down

Rep. Levin says Republican bill threatens federal extended unemployment benefits Empty Re: Rep. Levin says Republican bill threatens federal extended unemployment benefits

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri May 06, 2011 2:08 pm

They got the rich tax breaks and now they want to end benefits during a crisis. I hope they people start BLeep

We need to take everything they have and send them off on a raft with one gun and no food or water!
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Rep. Levin says Republican bill threatens federal extended unemployment benefits Empty Re: Rep. Levin says Republican bill threatens federal extended unemployment benefits

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri May 06, 2011 3:20 pm

The GOP, only bastards that can vote to give the rich oil companies more money and want to cut unemployment benefits for MILLIONS of poor in the same week!
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Fri May 06, 2011 3:55 pm

NAZIS!!! I have reached an all time level of disgust with them and this country's politicians.

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri May 06, 2011 4:17 pm

Angelicrisis wrote:NAZIS!!! I have reached an all time level of disgust with them and this country's politicians.

Agreed, I can't say what I really want to say. But a hint send in the SEALS! Rep. Levin says Republican bill threatens federal extended unemployment benefits 66067
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Fri May 06, 2011 4:27 pm

Yep, Im with you on that Getthem. This countrys true morale has gone south, and all I see on t.v. is recovery and a bunch of lies. People need to start waking up and doing something and very soon. Everything is kinda surreal at this point the more and more I see what these idots are trying to do to us.

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Fri May 06, 2011 4:31 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:They got the rich tax breaks and now they want to end benefits during a crisis. I hope they people start BLeep

We need to take everything they have and send them off on a raft with one gun and no food or water!

guess who signed off on the bill too??? Not a argument but just a point! We need dems. and especially the Pres!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Fri May 06, 2011 4:33 pm

The president signed off on it so millions wouldnt lose their unemployment benefits, not because he thought the rich deserved tax breaks. His arms were tied on this.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 06, 2011 4:34 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:They got the rich tax breaks and now they want to end benefits during a crisis. I hope they people start BLeep

guess who signed off on the bill too??? Not a argument but just a point! We need dems. and especially the Pres!

And guess why he did it? Part of the reason was because the GOP was holding unemployment benefits for millions of Americans hostage 3 weeks before Christmas!!! Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri May 06, 2011 4:39 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:

Blame the GOP for holding the middle class and unemployment benefits hostage. NOW THEY WANT TO END ALL EXTENDED BENEFITS but no mention of ending the rich tax breaks.

PRESIDENT OBAMA SAID IN HIS SPEECH HE DOES NOT WANT ANY MORE BUSH TAX BREAKS THEY ADD TO THE DEFICIET AND CREATE NO JOBS. BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THE GOP WILL FIGHT TOOTH AND NAIL FOR THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOY AM I IN A MOOD TODAY!! Twisted Evil
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Judi58 Fri May 06, 2011 6:08 pm

Are these the two bills they were passing while everyone was debating if osama was dead?? yeah guys while americans were watching the blanket of coverage the house and senate were for once working as always against the unemployed...

Saw it 2 days ago?? on the Maddow show..
Judi58
Judi58

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 06, 2011 7:20 pm

Judi58 wrote:Are these the two bills they were passing while everyone was debating if osama was dead?? yeah guys while americans were watching the blanket of coverage the house and senate were for once working as always against the unemployed...

Saw it 2 days ago?? on the Maddow show..

Not sure judi. I don't watch tv until after midnight and these stories were first reported in other media outlets yesterday.

I posted the first one yesterday after the bill was introduced in the House.

Back to top Go down

Post by Judi58 Fri May 06, 2011 7:26 pm

I heard a report about what was going on while the media was stuck on osama... oh well it would not be the first time...
Judi58
Judi58

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 06, 2011 7:59 pm

Judi58 wrote:I heard a report about what was going on while the media was stuck on osama... oh well it would not be the first time...

I think what you are talking about are the Dems Job plans bills. They were introduced on Wednesday at 1:00 pm at a news conference just before a "Twitter" town hall. That is what Rachel Maddow was talking about on her show. There is nothing in those bills that would bring any immediate help to the unemployed. We posted them Wednesday morning before introduction. I receive email updates from Whip Hoyer, as well as my Rep., Cicilline, who sponsored one of them. Those bills would not affect the way EUC is paid.

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t2099-house-minority-whip-steny-hoyer-discusses-make-it-in-america-agenda#22258
http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t2101-congressman-david-cicilline-d-ri-to-introduce-major-manufacturing-bill

The Republican JOBS legislation, ‘‘Jobs, Opportunity, Benefits, and Services Act of 2011", was not introduced in the House until yesterday afternoon, and in the Senate just before they broke for the week end early last evening.

Just a note to members: If you see any vital information that we are not aware of yet, PLEASE post it!

As to what you are speaking about, Judi, these two bills introduced by Camp and Hatch are not the ones that Rachel Maddow featured on her show.

I watched the news about bin Laden Sunday night, when the unexpected news conference was called by the president and no one knew anything other than his announcement about National Security. I felt I had to, I was actually kind of frightened as to what he was going to speak about.

Between overseeing this forum, scouring the internet for jobs in between and advocating for HR 589 and the unemployed, I really don't have much time for television. I get most of my news through Twitter, which is much more up to date than the TV outlets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Judi58 Fri May 06, 2011 8:13 pm

ok next time I will ask you before I post.
Judi58
Judi58

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri May 06, 2011 8:22 pm

This bill doesn't even makes sense. All it does is allow states to end EB and use that federal money to pay back other federal money that they owe?

This does not create one job and will be vetoed if it reaches Obama, count on it.

It never ceases to amaze me how peopel can still support the GOP after something like this.

Yeah they are both bad but one is a little worse don't ya think?

Never will they get a vote from me, never.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 06, 2011 8:44 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:This bill doesn't even makes sense. All it does is allow states to end EB and use that federal money to pay back other federal money that they owe?

This does not create one job and will be vetoed if it reaches Obama, count on it.

It never ceases to amaze me how peopel can still support the GOP after something like this.

Yeah they are both bad but one is a little worse don't ya think?

Never will they get a vote from me, never.

No, these two bills would allow states to end the Federal tiers as they exist now, diverting the money for other purposes other than individual benefits.

Instead of paying the unemployed their weekly benefit, they could choose to use the money to provide businesses with tax credits to create incentives for hiring, pay down their debt to the federal government or training programs for the unemployed.

This article references both crisises, the states that are eliminating EB and the potential for states to stop paying tiers 1 through 4. Rep. Levin addresses that issue in his statement.

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri May 06, 2011 8:51 pm

So under this legislation, the same amount of money would go to the states but possibly NONE of it could be used on ANY benefits and all the tiers would end?

You are right, they are Nazis, this is absolutely ridiculous.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 06, 2011 8:57 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:So under this legislation, the same amount of money would go to the states but possibly NONE of it could be used on ANY benefits and all the tiers would end?

You are right, they are Nazis, this is absolutely ridiculous.

Yes. That is what these bills propose to do. This legislation is bicameral, right after Camp introduced it in the House, Orrin Hatch introduced it in the Senate.

The bill numbers are HR 1745 an S 904. Both have the potential to strip people of EUC08 and divert the money to other "Job Creating" programs.

It is part of the GOP's job creation plan, introduced yesterday, ‘‘Jobs, Opportunity, Benefits, and Services Act of 2011’’.

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Sat May 07, 2011 4:43 am

IMHO, S 904 will never make it past the Democrat-controlled senate and if it did, Obama will veto it!
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 07, 2011 8:15 am

jmainframe wrote:IMHO, S 904 will never make it past the Democrat-controlled senate and if it did, Obama will veto it!

That crossed my mind too, HR 1745 wouldn't pass in the Senate either.

Maybe I am just paranoid, been swept under the rug too many times, but my fear is now there will be some kind of "compromise" in order to move HR 589 along.

I am just discouraged by the whole thing. Things are getting worse, not better, and they introduce legislation like this and call it a "JOBS' bill. Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by suri Sat May 07, 2011 11:31 am

I can only but hope that the Repubs SHOW who they are, people BELIEVE them! Evil or Very Mad

suri

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Sat May 07, 2011 11:46 am

As I said yesterday! IF these bills for diverting money from unemployment funds are attached to 589 that will certainly get it out of finance. otherwise WHY create these bills. Well Ok, Yes if they are two independent bills unattached to 589 then yes, they would kill ALL remaining unemployment extensions in place now and folks drawing the 26 weeks and other tiers would STOP and it would be over the moment they are passed AND IF THE PRESIDENT DOES NOT VETO THEM!!!! HELLO!!!!! If he signs off on those bills then (never mind)... Judge for yourselve's... he has jumped on the repub. band wagon a lot lately for his reelection Butt!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 07, 2011 11:58 am

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:As I said yesterday! IF these bills for diverting money from unemployment funds are attached to 589 that will certainly get it out of finance. otherwise WHY create these bills. Well Ok, Yes if they are two independent bills unattached to 589 then yes, they would kill ALL remaining unemployment extensions in place now and folks drawing the 26 weeks and other tiers would STOP and it would be over the moment they are passed AND IF THE PRESIDENT DOES NOT VETO THEM!!!! HELLO!!!!! If he signs off on those bills then (never mind)... Judge for yourselve's... he has jumped on the repub. band wagon a lot lately for his reelection Butt!

I don't know why you think these bills would be attached to HR 589. I'm sure they wouldn't be. There is no way this would become a bipartisan bill. The Dems are outraged over the introduction of S. 904 and H.R. 1745.

No way they will be attached - what makes you think that? Just curious. Rep. Levin says Republican bill threatens federal extended unemployment benefits 420391251

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum